ADVERTISEMENT

My goodness; Steph Curry dribbles ball off leg, Ref calls foul on Portland; Curry makes both FTs

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Collins of Portland was playing great D. Curry simply dribbled the ball off his leg. Nevertheless, the ref blew his whistle, assuming a foul, called a foul on Collins & Steph made both FTs.

This is just one example in the 1st quarter.

Refs are not just incredibly bad at the college level.

Collins of Portland was playing great D. Curry simply dribbled the ball off his leg. Nevertheless, the ref blew his whistle, assuming a foul, called a foul on Collins & Steph made both FTs.

Collins rode him with the lower body.

Curry initiated contact on that play, based on what I saw. Probably a no call, and Portland ball because ball went OOB off Curry.

Yes, all refs miss calls (especially college refs). The big difference between College and NBA, however, is that college refs always default to blowing the whistle. Even if there isn't anything there. Boy do they love to hear that whistle. They especially like to call traveling violations simply because the play looked weird (a slow move or multiple strides with the non-pivot foot). They are also terrible at understanding the player that initiates contact in block/charge situations.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Collins of Portland was playing gr
Was qD. Curry simply dribbled the ball off his leg. Nevertheless, the ref blew his whistle, assuming a foul, called a foul on Collins & Steph made both FTs.
I guess people see what they want to see sure look like he got bump pretty good but then again Steph Curry gets mauled just about every play when he's running through the lane if you have watched the game.

Curry initiated contact on that play, based on what I saw. Probably a no call, and Portland ball because ball went OOB off Curry.
You can't body up a defender like that unless you're a big playing in the center. I bet Curry's bodies got more bruises on his body than there are spots on a leopard. I thought the game was pretty fairly called obviously they missed calls on both sides with the free-throw discrepancy was way slanted towards Portland

Star players in the NBA do not foul out of the game much. Not because they don't commit fouls, the refs don't make calls on them.

Don't question officiating at any level.

Sportsmanship... you know;)

It's why refs are never held accountable when they do shitty work, especially at the high school level.

For decades I watched a lot of NBA games but the last 5-10 years not so much and anymore I watch the last 2 or 3 minutes, if that, just to see who wins.

I just can't watch the 1st 37-38 minutes anymore. It's like pro wrestling where one guy is just dominating then the official turn a blind eye and the other guy kick him in the nuts then he proceeds to dominate him for a while. It cycles back and forth and in the end it is pretty close and one pulls in out in the end.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
When I first started watching Oscar Robertson,Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and Jerry West were playing. Sunday afternoon was the time the games were broadcast. When Magic and Larry Bird used to battle in the playoffs I seldom missed a game. I don't know if I've changed or the game has, but I seldom tune to an NBA game even during the playoffs. The game has evolved, but not for the better.

When I first started watching Oscar Robertson,Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and Jerry West were playing. Sunday afternoon was the time the games were broadcast. When Magic and Larry Bird used to battle in the playoffs I seldom missed a game. I don't know if I've changed or the game has, but I seldom tune to an NBA game even during the playoffs. The game has evolved, but not for the better.
I cant believe anyone takes nba games seriously

Yes, all refs miss calls (especially college refs). The big difference between College and NBA, however, is that college refs always default to blowing the whistle. Even if there isn't anything there. Boy do they love to hear that whistle. They especially like to call traveling violations simply because the play looked weird (a slow move or multiple strides with the non-pivot foot). They are also terrible at understanding the player that initiates contact in block/charge situations.

Bingo!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT