ADVERTISEMENT

My Homage to the Browns!

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
A new avatar…
I purchased this Browns T-shirt following their perfect season back in 2017 (0-16 campaign). I will wear it again (proudly) in public until they lose in the play-offs, which should be in a couple of weeks!

Hail to thee, Defenders of Lake Erie! You have brought pride back to the Land of Chief Wahoo once again! May the Flacco be with you!

Don't sell this team short, Joel (and this is coming from a lifelong Steelers fan). That defense is salty and Flacco just wins, especially with the supporting cast in place. This is a team nobody wants to face in the playoffs. Good luck!

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Don't sell this team short, Joel (and this is coming from a lifelong Steelers fan). That defense is salty and Flacco just wins, especially with the supporting cast in place. This is a team nobody wants to face in the playoffs. Good luck!
Heck, the Titans had a similar team makeup a couple years ago and took that to the AFC championship game. The Browns have a very physical team that plays good defense and has some nice weapons on offense. They aren't a pushover by any means.

Reactions: jasonrann
Good for the Browns.

There haven't been too many magical moments for them over the last half-century. Plenty for their opponents, though.

tumblr_myshsmk3g61qhkbk8o1_400.gif

main-qimg-452c74165130ffaa46b1b53f0de7c5bf

EPUaHBV.gif

As bad as the franchise has been, they were never in jeopardy of taking the Lions rightful spot at the head of the shit-table. Amazing how the fortunes have turned for both franchises this year..

My B-I-L is a Cleveland native. Their fans are diehard.

Heck, the Titans had a similar team makeup a couple years ago and took that to the AFC championship game. The Browns have a very physical team that plays good defense and has some nice weapons on offense. They aren't a pushover by any means.
The AFC is pretty wide open too. The Chiefs are very beatable, Raiders provided a nice defensive blueprint last weekend on them. Miami is strong, but they have to do it regularly against better teams. The Jags are sinking like a stone. IMHO, AFC comes down to the Ravens, Bills or Browns.

Reactions: srams21
The AFC is pretty wide open too. The Chiefs are very beatable, Raiders provided a nice defensive blueprint last weekend on them. Miami is strong, but they have to do it regularly against better teams. The Jags are sinking like a stone. IMHO, AFC comes down to the Ravens, Bills or Browns.
Yep. To me, the Ravens are the only really good team in the AFC right now. I don't trust the Chiefs offense at all (which is weird to say) and the Dolphins are good but we have to see it to believe it kinda thing with them. I could absolutely seeing this being one of those years where a "random" team makes the Super Bowl. Kinda like when the Bengals made it as a 9-7 wildcard a couple years ago.

Yep. To me, the Ravens are the only really good team in the AFC right now. I don't trust the Chiefs offense at all (which is weird to say) and the Dolphins are good but we have to see it to believe it kinda thing with them. I could absolutely seeing this being one of those years where a "random" team makes the Super Bowl. Kinda like when the Bengals made it as a 9-7 wildcard a couple years ago.
The Chiefs are a mistake ridden mess right now. All the talent in the world does not cover lack of discipline. Can’t see the Chiefs winning more than one game in the play-offs.

The Chiefs are a mistake ridden mess right now. All the talent in the world does not cover lack of discipline. Can’t see the Chiefs winning more than one game in the play-offs.
The thing is, on offense, they have Mahomes and Kelce. Everyone else is a JAG. I never thought I would see the day where Mahomes was afraid to throw to his receivers. That's exactly where they are. Layer pressure on top of that and you get what the Raiders did to them.

Reactions: srams21
The thing is, on offense, they have Mahomes and Kelce. Everyone else is a JAG. I never thought I would see the day where Mahomes was afraid to throw to his receivers. That's exactly where they are. Layer pressure on top of that and you get what the Raiders did to them.
They can’t even line up on the LOS! They drop passes. They get penalized at crucial times. They do a lot of stuff that BAD football teams do now that they didn’t do the past couple of years. In baseball, “those base on balls will kill you” in football stupid penalties will eventually do you in.

I'm a lifelong Bears fan. My Grandpa was from Cleveland and was a huge Browns fan. In honor of my late Grandpa, I'm jumping on the Browns bandwagon. Is there room for me Joel?

Also, the Browns allow naps at work, which is AWESOME!

I could get behind cheering for the browns to win it all.

As a lifelong Viking fan, I don’t ever have to worry about cheering my team onto a Super Bowl victory.

That's true but thing is, I actually don't think they have much talent. Mahomes is a stud but I think it's fair to say Kelce is getting up there in age and has dropped off a bit. The WR group is pretty abysmal outside of Rice who has potential but is a rookie. Skyy Moore is garbage, Toney is a headcase, and MVS is bad. Their RBs are pretty average too.

The NFL is wide open for the taking this year. It's kinda like MLB in that all it might take is a team getting hot in the playoffs.

Hell, why not the Browns? Defense is pretty good, and Flacco seems to have discovered the Fountain of Youth.

That's true but thing is, I actually don't think they have much talent. Mahomes is a stud but I think it's fair to say Kelce is getting up there in age and has dropped off a bit. The WR group is pretty abysmal outside of Rice who has potential but is a rookie. Skyy Moore is garbage, Toney is a headcase, and MVS is bad. Their RBs are pretty average too.
Their RB from Rutgers is a stud! He might ge hurt a bit right now but he’s one tuff sumbitch!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT