ADVERTISEMENT

My man dropping some truth.

I read that thread earlier today.

There's a kernel of truth throughout it, but some things are stretched a good bit. I don't like the implied "reasoning"/slash excuse for the Capitol rioters.

And while he stops short of alleging a stolen election, he overplays the significance of election changes and how "fishy" the results were, and implies that there SHOULD have been grounds to throw out entire state ballots...that's bullshit.

And while there is some truth to his statement about "people that believed in the system" being disillusioned and shaken...he overplays that as well. So many people that talk about stuff are just too young...we lived through the Clinton administration where these same people had the ATF and the FBI as enemies number one, and didn't (rightfully) trust anything out of that administration. The idea that all of a sudden confidence was shaken in our national law enforcement community NOW...that's just somebody who hasn't been around very long.

HOWEVER...

Besides that, he is 100% right about the media and the professional career bureaucracy class just thoroughly painting themselves in shit over Trump, to disastrous consequences. Trump was considered SO BAD that it was absolutely justified to jettison any standards of truth, due process, honesty, etc. Virtually all institutions have thoroughly discredited themselves as dependable arbiters of facts and truth, and his examples in those lines almost all hold water.

I don't disagree at all that HAD there been malfeasance in this election, there is literally no entity that would report it or investigate it, and there's no reason to expect they would. And had Trump won, we'd still be investigating fraud nightly on Biden's behalf today. That's where we are. It's just Trump and anti-Trump, whatever it takes. Everyone is the resistance. It's a catastrophe. Trump is a catastrophe in his own right, but he's 75 years old...he has an expiration date. We'll be living with the media/institutional landscape left behind maybe forever.

And if you're inclined to say, well Trump is just THAT bad, such a threat to the country, "By Any Means Necessary" is justified in this case...well it will now be turned on Desantis, Haley, Romney...whoever. There will no longer be any Republican not subjected to the "By Any Means Necessary" treatment. They're already all in on Desantis with the absolute bullshit, and I don't hear anyone of the "Trump was UNIQUELY bad" crowd standing up and saying "Hey, now that he's gone let's go back to being merely slanted rather than straight disinformation." Nope, away we go...and then whine about segments of the population simply tuning out the mainstream media and latching on to grifters instead.

It's awful, and I don't see how it gets fixed.
A good start would be if republicans rejoined the republic. You know, like not threatening their own party members who join the 1/6 investigation. Simple stuff like that.

There's a kernel of truth throughout it, but some things are stretched a good bit. I don't like the implied "reasoning"/slash excuse for the Capitol rioters.

And while he stops short of alleging a stolen election, he overplays the significance of election changes and how "fishy" the results were, and implies that there SHOULD have been grounds to throw out entire state ballots...that's bullshit.

And while there is some truth to his statement about "people that believed in the system" being disillusioned and shaken...he overplays that as well. So many people that talk about stuff are just too young...we lived through the Clinton administration where these same people had the ATF and the FBI as enemies number one, and didn't (rightfully) trust anything out of that administration. The idea that all of a sudden confidence was shaken in our national law enforcement community NOW...that's just somebody who hasn't been around very long.

HOWEVER...

Besides that, he is 100% right about the media and the professional career bureaucracy class just thoroughly painting themselves in shit over Trump, to disastrous consequences. Trump was considered SO BAD that it was absolutely justified to jettison any standards of truth, due process, honesty, etc. Virtually all institutions have thoroughly discredited themselves as dependable arbiters of facts and truth, and his examples in those lines almost all hold water.

I don't disagree at all that HAD there been malfeasance in this election, there is literally no entity that would report it or investigate it, and there's no reason to expect they would. And had Trump won, we'd still be investigating fraud nightly on Biden's behalf today. That's where we are. It's just Trump and anti-Trump, whatever it takes. Everyone is the resistance. It's a catastrophe. Trump is a catastrophe in his own right, but he's 75 years old...he has an expiration date. We'll be living with the media/institutional landscape left behind maybe forever.

And if you're inclined to say, well Trump is just THAT bad, such a threat to the country, "By Any Means Necessary" is justified in this case...well it will now be turned on Desantis, Haley, Romney...whoever. There will no longer be any Republican not subjected to the "By Any Means Necessary" treatment. They're already all in on Desantis with the absolute bullshit, and I don't hear anyone of the "Trump was UNIQUELY bad" crowd standing up and saying "Hey, now that he's gone let's go back to being merely slanted rather than straight disinformation." Nope, away we go...and then whine about segments of the population simply tuning out the mainstream media and latching on to grifters instead.

No disrespect, Lou, but it's simply bad manners to reply to a TL/DR thread with a TL/DR response.

HOWEVER...

Jeez, Lou. Don’t feed the troll.

I like when people who don't work in the media, talk about how media works. I really like this part.

Then you get the Hunter laptop scandal. Big Tech ran a full-on censorship campaign against a major newspaper to protect a political candidate. Period. Everyone knows it, all of the Tech companies now admit it was a "mistake" - but, ya know, the election's over, so who cares? 22/x
Goes w/o saying, but: If the NY Times had Don Jr's laptop, full of pics of him smoking crack and engaging in group sex, lots of lurid family drama, emails describing direct corruption and backed up by the CEO of the company they were using, the NYT wouldn't have been banned. 23/x
Think back: Stories about Trump being pissed on by Russian prostitutes and blackmailed by Putin were promoted as fact, and the only evidence was a document paid for by his opposition and disavowed by its source. The NY Post was banned for reporting on true information. 24/x

Like really. You don't get the difference between Hunter biden and Don Trump Jr. or the difference between Hunter Biden and Donald Trump Sr. Or the difference between Hunter Biden and Putin?
Plus the Trump piss story didn't come out until after the election even though every media outlet had the dossier. None of them would report on it until buzzfeed finally released it after the election. And I don't remember any media outlets saying the piss stories were true.

The reaction of Trump ppl to all this was not, "no fair!" That's how they felt about Romney's "binders of women" in 2012. This is different. Now they see, correctly, that every institution is captured by ppl who will use any means to exclude them from the political process. 25/x

And yet they showed up in record numbers to vote. He got 13m more votes than in 2016, 10m more than Clinton got! As election night dragged on, they allowed themselves some hope. But when the four critical swing states (and only those states) went dark at midnight, they knew. 26/x
Over the ensuing weeks, they got shuffled around by grifters and media scam artists selling them conspiracy theories. They latched onto one, then another increasingly absurd theory as they tried to put a concrete name on something very real. 27/x
Media & Tech did everything to make things worse. Everything about the election was strange - the changes to procedure, unprecedented mail-in voting, the delays, etc - but rather than admit that and make everything transparent, they banned discussion of it (even in DMs!). 28/x
Everyone knows that, just as Don Jr's laptop would've been the story of the century, if everything about the election dispute was the same, except the parties were reversed, suspicions about the outcome would've been Taken Very Seriously. See 2016 for proof. 29/x
Even the courts' refusal of the case gets nowhere w/them, because of how the opposition embraced mass political violence. They'll say, w/good reason: What judge will stick his neck out for Trump knowing he'll be destroyed in the media as a violent mob burns down his house? 30/x
It's a fact, according to Time Magazine, that mass riots were planned in cities across the country if Trump won. Sure, they were "protests", but they were planned by the same people as during the summer, and everyone knows what it would have meant. Judges have families, too. 31/x
Forget the ballot conspiracies. It's a fact that governors used COVID to unconstitutionally alter election procedures (the Constitution states that only legislatures can do so) to help Biden to make up for a massive enthusiasm gap by gaming the mail-in ballot system. 32/x
They knew it was unconstitutional, it's right there in plain English. But they knew the cases wouldn't see court until after the election. And what judge will toss millions of ballots because a governor broke the rules? The threat of mass riots wasn't implied, it was direct. 33/x
a) The entrenched bureaucracy & security state subverted Trump from Day 1, b) The press is part of the operation, c) Election rules were changed, d) Big Tech censors opposition, e) Political violence is legitimized & encouraged, f) Trump is banned from social media. 34/x
They were led down some rabbit holes, but they are absolutely right that their gov't is monopolized by a Regime that believes they are beneath representation, and will observe no limits to keep them getting it. Trump fans should be happy he lost; it might've kept him alive. /end
I hope to God you copied and pasted that unless living in your parents basement you have nothing better to do. Seriously, go get some sun for God sakes.

Reactions: mattymoknows
OIP.jSBLMUeW72Pi9jtRDPSedQHaCm

Here's the thing about mail in ballots...

Even if they were allowed to be counted late, were they real ballots? If a real person who was eligible to vote mailed a ballot, I'm ok with it being counted.

Yes, they should arrive on time, but should we really have a president who only won because the mail didn't go fast enough? I don't think so.

Even if they were allowed to be counted late, were they real ballots? If a real person who was eligible to vote mailed a ballot, I'm ok with it being counted.
1. In most cases where mail-in ballots were counted after the polls closed it was because Republican majority state legislatures would not allow early tabulations (see PA, e.g.) Other states allowed mail-in ballots to be counted early (see FL, e.g.)

2. If there was substantial evidence of mail-in ballot fraud, it would have been uncovered by now.
a) The DOJ, led by William Barr, conducted an investigation and determined there was no widespread fraud. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/disputing-trump-barr-widespread-election-fraud-74497050
b) Many states conducted fraud investigations also but were unable to find widespread fraud. (See GA and TX, e.g.)​
c) The Trump campaign and campaign allies filed more than sixty election challenges an overwhelming number of which alleged fraud but the allegations were not proven and the cases were dismissed. (See multiple states including MI, AZ, WI, PA, GA)​

The real election fraud:

• President Donald Trump asked a Georgia law enforcement official to find evidence of fraud with absentee-by-mail ballots, the latest revelation in his unsuccessful attempt to overturn the state's election results.

• Newly released records show that at some point during the election's aftermath, Arizona Republican Party Chairwoman Kelli Ward texted former Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Chairman Clint Hickman and demanded, "We need you to stop the counting," according to The Associated Press.

• Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger stood firm Monday on his account that Sen. Lindsey Graham had hinted that he should try to discard some ballots in Georgia, where a recount is underway after the state went for President-elect Joe Biden in the presidential election. "He asked if the ballots could be matched back to the voters," Raffensperger told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room" Monday evening. "And then he, I got the sense it implied that then you could throw those out for any, if you look at the counties with the highest frequent error of signatures. So that's the impression that I got."

someone with deep deep pockets wanted trump gone, thats what i cant figure out because trump was great for big business, great for them across the board, media went after him from day one, and this isnt complaining, its just a fact, was it cause he said fake news or was big money doing the bidding or was it a just a collective dislike and hate because he was so polarizing? makes me wonder if the alien invasion card is going to be played, but again trump created space force, i mean he set up this card for the elite, which makes me wonder why the elite wanted him gone, he was a useful idiot for them for 4 years, but do they have something up their back pocket for biden/harris?

Here's the thing about mail in ballots...

Yes, they should arrive on time, but should we really have a president who only won because the mail didn't go fast enough? I don't think so.
Here's the thing - you don't usually get lumped in with the rest of the board wing nuts.
But you should.

That's a ridiculous assertion. Biden won because they counted all legal ballots.
That's exactly what I'm saying. If all of the Trump challenges would have been successful and ballots would have been thrown out, then the only reason he'd be president is because the mail was too slow (or some equivalent). That doesn't feel like a result anyone wants (even if you want trump as president).

someone with deep deep pockets wanted trump gone, thats what i cant figure out because trump was great for big business, great for them across the board, media went after him from day one, and this isnt complaining, its just a fact, was it cause he said fake news or was big money doing the bidding or was it a just a collective dislike and hate because he was so polarizing? makes me wonder if the alien invasion card is going to be played, but again trump created space force, i mean he set up this card for the elite, which makes me wonder why the elite wanted him gone, he was a useful idiot for them for 4 years, but do they have something up their back pocket for biden/harris?
Hugo_Rafael_Ch%C3%A1vez_Fr%C3%ADas.jpeg

That's exactly what I'm saying. If all of the Trump challenges would have been successful and ballots would have been thrown out, then the only reason he'd be president is because the mail was too slow (or some equivalent). That doesn't feel like a result anyone wants (even if you want trump as president).
My bad, I misunderstood you assertion.

oh and the jan 6th deal, wow what a chess move by the elite, yes of course it was real supporters of trump there etc., but boy oh boy i bet anyone $10 there were alphabet suits all over this, and the FBI coming down like they have, they are chasing down every last person that was within 10 miles of the capital, holding some in jail for domestic terrorism, taking the patriot act put in place by george w and using the full extent of the law on some of these guys, like doug jensen from des moines, and this is after the trump supporters were steaming mad about the looting and property destruction all summer, but i would venture that elites from both sides of the aisle were behing this well orchestrated setup that many people fell right into by their own free will, what a setup, and now all these guys are gonna be on terrorist watchlists, folks, there is no overthrowing the USA government period, if this isnt a lesson to everyone out there, dont try we will destroy you, and trump is finished, the tax deal puts the nail in the coffin, dont go to war against the swamp unless you have prior knowledge of a earth magnetic pole shift about to take place

oh and the jan 6th deal, wow what a chess move by the elite, yes of course it was real supporters of trump there etc., but boy oh boy i bet anyone $10 there were alphabet suits all over this, and the FBI coming down like they have, they are chasing down every last person that was within 10 miles of the capital, holding some in jail for domestic terrorism, taking the patriot act put in place by george w and using the full extent of the law on some of these guys, like doug jensen from des moines, and this is after the trump supporters were steaming mad about the looting and property destruction all summer, but i would venture that elites from both sides of the aisle were behing this well orchestrated setup that many people fell right into by their own free will, what a setup, and now all these guys are gonna be on terrorist watchlists, folks, there is no overthrowing the USA government period, if this isnt a lesson to everyone out there, dont try we will destroy you, and trump is finished, the tax deal puts the nail in the coffin, dont go to war against the swamp unless you have prior knowledge of a earth magnetic pole shift about to take place
Any chance you're related to OIT?

• Haha
Reactions: mattymoknows

are you dougs brother?

someone with deep deep pockets wanted trump gone, thats what i cant figure out because trump was great for big business, great for them across the board, media went after him from day one, and this isnt complaining, its just a fact, was it cause he said fake news or was big money doing the bidding or was it a just a collective dislike and hate because he was so polarizing? makes me wonder if the alien invasion card is going to be played, but again trump created space force, i mean he set up this card for the elite, which makes me wonder why the elite wanted him gone, he was a useful idiot for them for 4 years, but do they have something up their back pocket for biden
We live in the dumbest simulation possible.

Reactions: JWolf74 and nu2u
This is what a period looks like.

period.jpg

HOWEVER...

I love “Trump was bad…but” posts from GOPers that have tacitly accepted the party’s move to nationalist populism. Tell us another story about how great Reagan and GWB were…

The reaction of Trump ppl to all this was not, "no fair!" That's how they felt about Romney's "binders of women" in 2012. This is different. Now they see, correctly, that every institution is captured by ppl who will use any means to exclude them from the political process. 25/x

And yet they showed up in record numbers to vote. He got 13m more votes than in 2016, 10m more than Clinton got! As election night dragged on, they allowed themselves some hope. But when the four critical swing states (and only those states) went dark at midnight, they knew. 26/x
Over the ensuing weeks, they got shuffled around by grifters and media scam artists selling them conspiracy theories. They latched onto one, then another increasingly absurd theory as they tried to put a concrete name on something very real. 27/x
Media & Tech did everything to make things worse. Everything about the election was strange - the changes to procedure, unprecedented mail-in voting, the delays, etc - but rather than admit that and make everything transparent, they banned discussion of it (even in DMs!). 28/x
Everyone knows that, just as Don Jr's laptop would've been the story of the century, if everything about the election dispute was the same, except the parties were reversed, suspicions about the outcome would've been Taken Very Seriously. See 2016 for proof. 29/x
Even the courts' refusal of the case gets nowhere w/them, because of how the opposition embraced mass political violence. They'll say, w/good reason: What judge will stick his neck out for Trump knowing he'll be destroyed in the media as a violent mob burns down his house? 30/x
It's a fact, according to Time Magazine, that mass riots were planned in cities across the country if Trump won. Sure, they were "protests", but they were planned by the same people as during the summer, and everyone knows what it would have meant. Judges have families, too. 31/x
Forget the ballot conspiracies. It's a fact that governors used COVID to unconstitutionally alter election procedures (the Constitution states that only legislatures can do so) to help Biden to make up for a massive enthusiasm gap by gaming the mail-in ballot system. 32/x
They knew it was unconstitutional, it's right there in plain English. But they knew the cases wouldn't see court until after the election. And what judge will toss millions of ballots because a governor broke the rules? The threat of mass riots wasn't implied, it was direct. 33/x
a) The entrenched bureaucracy & security state subverted Trump from Day 1, b) The press is part of the operation, c) Election rules were changed, d) Big Tech censors opposition, e) Political violence is legitimized & encouraged, f) Trump is banned from social media. 34/x
They were led down some rabbit holes, but they are absolutely right that their gov't is monopolized by a Regime that believes they are beneath representation, and will observe no limits to keep them getting it. Trump fans should be happy he lost; it might've kept him alive. /end
giphy.gif

His "challenges" were not successful for a reason. He was challenging legally cast ballots. So why don't you flip your story to make your point clearer - had the courts ignored the law as Trump requested, Trump might still be president. See? That seems far different from what you posted.

Reactions: Rudolph
The entire premise of the "election was stolen" mob, is that somehow the DNC pulled off the most brilliant and completely invisible crime in the history of the world. Millions of man-hours spent trying to find evidence. Unlimited money used to uncover the crime.
No evidence. No one fessed-up. Nothing.

Even Trump has to admit that the DNC is totally incapable of such perfection.

Reactions: nu2u and Rudolph
The entire premise of the "election was stolen" mob, is that somehow the DNC pulled off the most brilliant and completely invisible crime in the history of the world. Millions of man-hours spent trying to find evidence. Unlimited money used to uncover the crime.
No evidence. No one fessed-up. Nothing.

Even Trump has to admit that the DNC is totally incapable of such perfection.
hard to say for sure on election fraud either way, and it didnt have to be the dnc, i would say the dnc is not capable they would have needed outside groups, but at the same time trump lost it, somewhere along the line he lost his mind and by the 1st debate it was so cringy watching him, a lot of moderates went biden for sure after the first debate and they were leaning biden all the way up to it, just sick of the twitter and all the blah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT