ADVERTISEMENT

My neighbor, possible murder/suicide

HawkeyeShawn

HR Heisman
Nov 9, 2001
Definitely suicide. Really hoping the murder part isn’t true.

On vacation at the LOTO and getting reports of some extremely disturbing news coming out of Shelby, IA. My neighbor (house behind us and to the west) drove to IL and killed himself. Now we are hearing he killed his girlfriend’s 6 year old daughter. Beat her to death. She died in the hospital and he fled to IL mid-week last week. Upon hearing that she died, took his own life like the fvcking coward he is. The killing of the little girl has not yet been confirmed and I’m praying it isn’t true. Nothing in the news yet but we are hearing from neighbors.

If anyone remembers my mean ass cat story from a few months ago. This is my PTSD asshole neighbor who trapped our cat twice and 1, dumped our cat in the country and 2, took the cat a 2nd time and dumped him in Council Bluffs 30 miles away. Two of our neighbors had a restraining order against him. I didn’t confront him about the cat situation as I knew it would not end well. He’s former military, with known issues with being violent and aggressive.

Not going to lie, I’m glad the fvcker is dead. I sure hope the rest of the story isn’t true. I’m not putting names out there yet until confirmed.

Weird criminal sh!t has happened in my small town. A guy while lived 2 blocks from me is in prison for the rest of his life for raping prostitutes at gun point in 2012. I was a volunteer fireman with him for 10+ years and he and his family were members of our church. All this in a town of 700.

On vacation at the LOTO and getting reports of some extremely disturbing news coming out of Shelby, IA. My neighbor (house behind us and to the west) drove to IL and killed himself. Now we are hearing he killed his girlfriend’s 6 year old daughter. Beat her to death. She died in the hospital and he fled to IL mid-week last week. Upon hearing that she died, took his own life like the fvcking coward he is. The killing of the little girl has not yet been confirmed and I’m praying it isn’t true. Nothing in the news yet but we are hearing from neighbors.

If anyone remembers my mean ass cat story from a few months ago. This is my PTSD asshole neighbor who trapped our cat twice and 1, dumped our cat in the country and 2, took the cat a 2nd time and dumped him in Council Bluffs 30 miles away. Two of our neighbors had a restraining order against him. I didn’t confront him about the cat situation as I knew it would not end well. He’s former military, with known issues with being violent and aggressive.

Not going to lie, I’m glad the fvcker is dead. I sure hope the rest of the story isn’t true. I’m not putting names out there yet until confirmed.

Weird criminal sh!t has happened in my small town. A guy while lived 2 blocks from me is in prison for the rest of his life for raping prostitutes at gun point in 2012. I was a volunteer fireman with him for 10+ years and he and his family were members of our church. All this in a town of 700.
All makes sense now.

On a per captia basis your town sounds like one of the most dangerous places to live in the country.

I didn't realize Shelby was a suburb of Chicago.

The More You Know Nbc GIF by For(bes) The Culture

I'd drink bottled water for sure.

How do you rape a hooker? Don't pay her?

• Haha
Reactions: HawCory and IACub
Every female I have known with the name Shelby is bat shit crazy. Only makes sense it carries over to the town
This is so true, knew a girl named Shelby about 20 years ago. She was a lot of fun but she was crazy. Found out after the fact she had been ridden more times the the community bike but she was worth it a few times.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
T

Cue . . . Try That In A Small Town.

When one of us says Quad Cities, when asked where we are from, most of the time I don’t think they have any idea where that is. Often I will say Iowa-Illinois border on I-80.

When one of us says Quad Cities, when asked where we are from, most of the time I don’t think they have any idea where that is. Often I will say Iowa-Illinois border on I-80.
People tend to know Davenport and Rock Island - I think Rock Island is well-known because of the former railroad that had that name.

But yeah, say "quad cities" outside the Midwest and you get lots of blank looks.

People tend to know Davenport and Rock Island - I think Rock Island is well-known because of the former railroad that had that name.

But yeah, say "quad cities" outside the Midwest and you get lots of blank looks.
You can say Iowa, Idaho and they have no clue. Lots of dumb people in this world. Make me wonder if they studied US and world geography this country as part of their education program in elementary and middle school.

And the Johnny Cash song. But yeah, that's like saying "Tri Cities Airport" anywhere out of extreme southwestern virginia/extreme northeastern tennessee

My gosh that’s awful. Beat a little one to death?
You guys running off at the mouth about names, water, suburbs and meanwhile an innocent child suffered a horrible death.
To be fair, we don't know if that even happened - OP said he "heard" that but there is no link and I didn't see a story when I googled "Shelby" and "homicide" other than the one I linked that was about a homicide in a DIFFERENT town named Shelby.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT