ADVERTISEMENT

My next door neighbor UPDATED 11:00 PM EDT

SoFla-Hawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 12, 2001
My next door neighbor is on a ventilator in the ICU. The hospital called his wife today, because she cannot go visit him, to tell her to prepare herself because they do not expect him to survive today. The neighbor across the street lost his mother in NYC yesterday. Last week I was evacuated out of Haiti by the US embassy. Wednesday I was informed my position is being eliminated effective May 5. Cry me a river because you can't golf or might miss a football season. Get a little perspective on life. You may survive CV19 but someone you know may not.

My next door neighbor is on a ventilator in the ICU. The hospital called his wife today, because she cannot go visit him, to tell her to prepare herself because they do not expect him to survive today. The neighbor across the street lost his mother in NYC yesterday. Last week I was evacuated out of Haiti by the US embassy. Wednesday I was informed my position is being eliminated effective May 5. Cry me a river because you can't golf or might miss a football season. Get a little perspective on life. You may survive CV19 but someone you know may not.

Sorry about your job, that sucks. I'm also sorry to hear about your neighbors and their families. Tough times everywhere. I'm fortunate that this hasn't hit our home yet too hard, but I suspect things are going to continue to get worse before it gets better. Hang in there man!

Sorry about your job and neighbor. My employer was ready to lay a bunch of people off before this pandemic. Now, I'm afraid it is going to be worse, but they are delaying a bit it seems.

Reactions: Razorhawk2

Sorry to hear, man.

Best wishes. You will overcome.

That's a lot to adjust to. Sending my best … And you are right … what we 'think' is a travesty doesn't hold a candle to what some people experience. I hope things settle down for you …

Sidenote: my other half is an oncology nurse … Her work experiences have taught me any time I have a 'woe is me' story I need to pull up my bootstraps because so many people and their families and loved ones are working through some serious shit every single day. Recently, a newlywed couple in their late 20s … and the husband recently was told he has less than two years to live … My point, keep life in perspective … And appreciate EVERY … SINGLE … DAY … My best to you OP

Everybody gotta die Red. But sorry buddy, things will get better.....probably.

God bless...

Stay safe and practice good social distancing habits. That's all you can do.

Really sad deals all around. I believe in family members being able to say their goodbyes and that nobody should die alone. Just the circumstances of this make that not possible.

Sorry about your job, that sucks. I'm also sorry to hear about your neighbors and their families. Tough times everywhere. I'm fortunate that this hasn't hit our home yet too hard, but I suspect things are going to continue to get worse before it gets better. Hang in there man!

This.

Sorry man. That sucks. Ts & Ps.

Whatever. What does it mean?

il_570xN.1998407679_br06.jpg

My dad has been calling me everyday since this thing has been going on.

I think he is pretty nervous about it. he hasn't had the best of health and I know my mom wouldn't survive if she got it, as we almost lost her a couple times this past summer to pneumonia as a result of her condition.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
My dad has been calling me everyday since this thing has been going on.

I think he is pretty nervous about it. he hasn't had the best of health and I know my mom wouldn't survive if she got it, as we almost lost her a couple times this past summer to pneumonia as a result of her condition.
Stay home!!!! Hoping for the best for them.

Stay home!!!! Hoping for the best for them.

I originally had planned to take my son over a few weekends ago as I want to get him to see her as frequent as we can.

we will be very lucky if she makes it another year. we decided to cancel as my sister works with people and I am still working so we didn't want to bring anything with us. I think she was disappointed and a little upset, but as this thing has played out, I think she sees it was the right decision

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT