ADVERTISEMENT

Name 3 Albums That Influenced You.

2.jpg

OC0xNDM4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Op_du_Fgs_Avant_l_album.jpg

MOTHER.png
Darn…my message must have been too subtle.

Reactions: SL Hawk Fan
Kiss - Double Platinum. The first 8 track tapes I had ever purchased. Not a huge Kiss fan anymore, but they influenced me to rock/metal which got me through the 80’s.

Alice In Chains- Dirt. Best grunge album, IMO, and I graduated from metal to grunge in the early 90’s.

Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique. Added rap to my musical interests.

Bonus album

Dwight Yoakam - Just Looking for a Hit. Stumbled onto Dwight by accident and have now seen him in concert 10+ times. I pretty much hate all other country acts, so Dwight is definitely an odd choice for me.

Sublime 40 Oz of freedom because that was the first cd that was me listening to music I liked not what my parents liked.

Warrant- cherry pie. I think i caught my dad after he had chuffed one and he had to explain what the chick on her knees on the cover was doing.

Upper left:
s-l1200.webp

Dazed and confused soundtrack. Still crushes.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Off the top of my head:

In Between Dreams by Jack Johnson
Toxicity by System of A Down
Nine Lives by Aerosmith
The Sranger by Billy Joel
Me and My Gang by Rascal Flatts
Unorthodox Jukebox by Bruno Mars
24k Magic by Bruno Mars
Cage the Elephant by Cage the Elephant
Hypnotize by System of a Down
Mesmerize by System of a Down
Bang Bang by Dispatch
Dangerous by Morgan Wallen
Why can't you ever follow instructions?

I quit listening to entire albums a long time ago.
I have these three on my basement wall so they must mean something.

0801231135.jpg
Mudhoney put on one of the best shows I ever saw at Gabes. Circa ‘90 I believe.

As to the OP I choose to listen to individual songs instead of albums. I prefer the 78 and 45 rpm record formats over 33 and with technology now, I just pick songs I want to hear.

Reactions: Moral
Sublime 40 Oz of freedom because that was the first cd that was me listening to music I liked not what my parents liked.

Warrant- cherry pie. I think i caught my dad after he had chuffed one and he had to explain what the chick on her knees on the cover was doing.

Upper left:
s-l1200.webp

Dazed and confused soundtrack. Still crushes.

Hmm. Will have to check out 40 Oz of Freedom. Assumed you meant their named album which is f'ing great. And another heroin death from the 90's. A strange decade for sure.

Sublime_Self-Titled.jpg

Reactions: Scott559
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT