ADVERTISEMENT

Name a product from your childhood that is still the same.

I'm sure you can name a lot of food and drinks that are still the same.

I think the challenge would be finding something outside of those categories that are still the same.

***ok not the same because they got banned, but looking back its wild to me they even had these. I remember I bought some one time at Casey's and my folks were pissed off at little OV

IMG_7645-Edited.png

Ice cream sandwiches. The good old fashioned run of the mill ice cream sandwiches. Haven’t changed a bit. Nor should they ever. Still get the shit on your fingers and everything. God bless them.
Coincidentally, I've ordered them a couple of times in the last month.

Maybe they just seemed bigger when I was younger but I could swear they're about 1/3 smaller now.

Still taste good though, and my taste buds say the taste is about the same. It would be fun to compare them head to head.

***ok not the same because they got banned, but looking back its wild to me they even had these. I remember I bought some one time at Casey's and my folks were pissed off at little OV

IMG_7645-Edited.png
Not banned, you can still buy candy cigarettes. In fact, my kids just bought some at Minnesota's Largest Candy Store in Jordan, MN on Hwy 169 and I've also seen them at Candyland in the Black Hills.

Not banned, you can still buy candy cigarettes. In fact, my kids just bought some at Minnesota's Largest Candy Store in Jordan, MN on Hwy 169 and I've also seen them at Candyland in the Black Hills.

Well slap my ass and call me a baby!

I wouldn't have guess that.

@SoDakHawk just dropping knowledge

Well slap my ass and call me a baby!

I wouldn't have guess that.

@SoDakHawk just dropping knowledge
Oh yeah. In other Minnesota's Largest Candy Store news, they are building a new one and relocating down 169 closer to Jordan. Sounds like it will be really nice, and an interesting reason as to why they have to move.

That yellow barn on 169 is iconic. We usually stop once a year or so but drive by it all the time when heading to the Cities. To me, it's kind of Minnesota landmark building.

LINK to story

Reactions: JustSayOV
Ice cream sandwiches. The good old fashioned run of the mill ice cream sandwiches. Haven’t changed a bit. Nor should they ever. Still get the shit on your fingers and everything. God bless them.
Agreed, but these days they aren't as big as they used to be.

Reactions: goldmom
Oh yeah. In other Minnesota's Largest Candy Store news, they are building a new one and relocating down 169 closer to Jordan. Sounds like it will be really nice, and an interesting reason as to why they have to move.

That yellow barn on 169 is iconic. We usually stop once a year or so but drive by it all the time when heading to the Cities. To me, it's kind of Minnesota landmark building.

LINK to story

Just google earth street viewed that thing........you ain't lying, that would be quite the landmark.

Lol... All the way home from Marshalltown, so a good hour.
I volunteered for Team Rubicon, the veteran disaster relief group. I got sent to Marshalltown after that tornado devastated much of the town. We were made up of vets from all over the country and my group asked me to take them to a “real” Iowa restaurant for lunch one day. I took them to that very Maid-Rite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT