ADVERTISEMENT

Name a product from your childhood that is still the same.

I volunteered for Team Rubicon, the veteran disaster relief group. I got sent to Marshalltown after that tornado devastated much of the town. We were made up of vets from all over the country and my group asked me to take them to a “real” Iowa restaurant for lunch one day. I took them to that very Maid-Rite.
From what I understand, that particular Maid-Rite restaurant has been there for 90-some years.

Me and wife's parents are from Iowa. Wife was born here in California. When we were back there last month wife's mom stressed how she needed to try a maid-rite. We saw a road sign on HWY 30 advertising maid-rites in Marshalltown, so we had to stop.

Reactions: DBQStarHawk
CC-Blog-Why-You-Suck-at-Trapping-Mice.jpg
False, they used to be copper bait plates instead of yellow plastic and they are definitely not a better trap... this however is the same...
636403abb9ccbe19131ccd3c-tedco-original-gyroscope-made-in-the.jpg

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
I almost forgot--Vienna sausages, and Underwood deviled ham. 2 of my faves as a kid.

***ok not the same because they got banned, but looking back its wild to me they even had these. I remember I bought some one time at Casey's and my folks were pissed off at little OV

IMG_7645-Edited.png
The candy store at the emporium in Boji still sell them. My youngest bought 2 packs last weekend

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Miles Inn Charlie Boy and Milwaukee Weiner chili. Thank god they haven't changed.

The wooden paddle with the rubber string stapled to it and a rubber ball at the end of the string. Nothing like it, can sit on the stoop bopping that ball back and forth for hours.
If you got bored ball bopping you could always crank out some guitar solos on it. It’s versatile.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT