ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi for HC

wowski18

Team MVP
Aug 16, 2010
When Ferentz's time in Iowa City is up, would we try to get Narduzzi to jump back to the B1G?

Bring him in as DC! Just watching him on the sidelines last night he didn't look like a head coach in his mannerisms.

Bring him in as DC! Just watching him on the sidelines last night he didn't look like a head coach in his mannerisms.

I thought that too and think Pittsburgh fans will tire of him if unless he has some really good seasons there even having gone through a string of head coaches in the last several years. I don't want Narduzzi here because I think he coaches dirty defense which we saw on full display last night. We can find a younger guy with some class who also knows how to win.

So then by your standard Greg Davis is an offensive god!!!

Ever watched a Michigan State game? These aren't Narduzzi's players, but that Pitt D was tough last night. He dials up creative and effective pressure. I'd take his system over ours all day, every day.

Reactions: sloehawk
Ever watched a Michigan State game? These aren't Narduzzi's players, but that Pitt D was tough last night. He dials up creative and effective pressure. I'd take his system over ours all day, every day.

I have watched his MSU defenses and Iowa has a winning record against MSU and Narduzzi defenses. I will agree that Narduzzi is a great defensive mind; however, he was out schemed in the 2nd half of last nights game.

Considering I think Brian Ferentz is the reason we are seeing all of these program changing tweeks...

Reactions: And1Hawk
Narduzzi may be a brilliant defensive coach, but I wouldn't appreciate his ethics in Iowa City as a DC let alone a head coach. Iowa can do better.

I also don't want another coach who lacks the guts to go for 4th and inches and then launches a 20-yard punt. Also don't want a coach who "ices" the kicker, only to see him miss and then make on the second attempt. Been there, seen that. :)

Last edited:
I'm not concerned for his antics on the sideline. He kept his players loose through out the game and they were playing hard and looking like they were having fun the whole time. I don't think Pitt lost the game as much as we just won it. My thoughts are if Chryst was still there it be a different outcome, I think we would have won more easily. I don't think Pitts defense would have been that aggressive with Chryst at the helm.

I thought that too and think Pittsburgh fans will tire of him if unless he has some really good seasons there even having gone through a string of head coaches in the last several years. I don't want Narduzzi here because I think he coaches dirty defense which we saw on full display last night. We can find a younger guy with some class who also knows how to win.
Real question: What in the heck was "dirty" about about Pitt's defense last night? I watched every play and didn't see anything.

Real question: What in the heck was "dirty" about about Pitt's defense last niht? I watched every play and didn't see anything.
Watch it again. Numerous helmet to helmet shots at least three on Beathard alone, and tackling receivers mid route

So there were at least three H to H shots on Beathard, you saw all of them, and the officiating crew missed all three? Not sure about that one.

He screwed up big time by not going for 4th and 1 at Iowa 40 yard line late in the game. Coaching not to lose, which as we all know, is coaching not to win.

Reactions: greenelite
I have watched his MSU defenses and Iowa has a winning record against MSU and Narduzzi defenses. I will agree that Narduzzi is a great defensive mind; however, he was out schemed in the 2nd half of last nights game.

I agree with you about being outschemed in the second half, but that was because we were breaking tendencies left and right. Greg Davis coached his ass off last night (I can't believe I just said that). Considering this is the 3rd game at Pitt, inheriting a 6-7 team from last year, that D looked competent, prepared, and mean for the majority of the night. Narduzzi is going to do big things when he jumps off this stepping stone to a blueblood program in the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: MTHawkeyes43
I agree with you about being outschemed in the second half, but that was because we were breaking tendencies left and right. Greg Davis coached his ass off last night (I can't believe I just said that). Considering this is the 3rd game at Pitt, inheriting a 6-7 team from last year, that D looked competent, prepared, and mean for the majority of the night. Narduzzi is going to do big things when he jumps off this stepping stone to a blueblood program in the next 2-3 years.

Let's see how the stepping stone goes first before speculating about Narduzzi as a candidate for a big time program. If this coaching staff can outscheme him which I agree they did then others will along the way as well. Do major programs want a coach who seemingly encourages head hunting? Somebody made the point on another site that the concussion issue may affect the future of the game which doesn't seem far-fetched. "Mean" doesn't necessarily imply playing the game the way it should be played. Way to early to tell whether Narduzzi has what it takes to succeed at this level or not.

So there were at least three H to H shots on Beathard, you saw all of them, and the officiating crew missed all three? Not sure about that one.
Yeah, there were. Just because they didn't get flagged doesn't mean it didn't happen. Watch the game again, slowly this time, and you'll see them.

Let's see how the stepping stone goes first before speculating about Narduzzi as a candidate for a big time program. If this coaching staff can outscheme him which I agree they did then others will along the way as well. Do major programs want a coach who seemingly encourages head hunting? Somebody made the point on another site that the concussion issue may affect the future of the game which doesn't seem far-fetched. "Mean" doesn't necessarily imply playing the game the way it should be played. Way to early to tell whether Narduzzi has what it takes to succeed at this level or not.

In his first year, without his own recruits, with a RS FR QB playing in a completely new system, he took a team that lost one of the best runningbacks in the nation and basically played a tie ballgame against the longest tenured coach in the Big Ten in a night game @ Kinnick that was honoring Brett Greenwood. I think he's going to be alright. His guys playing 'mean' didn't seem to get him into too much trouble at MSU.

Yeah, there were. Just because they didn't get flagged doesn't mean it didn't happen. Watch the game again, slowly this time, and you'll see them.
Watched the game twice. I think your bias is hindering reality for you. Not uncommon. Many Pitt guys feel we lost out on a couple of calls last night, too.

He screwed up big time by not going for 4th and 1 at Iowa 40 yard line late in the game. Coaching not to lose, which as we all know, is coaching not to win.
I agree with you. Pitt's best chance to win would have included going for that one

Please expound on this. What happened to MSU injury-wise?

It was amazing how contagious those injuries were when Iowa was gaining momentum that game.

http://archive.hawkcentral.com/2011/11/16/questions-linger-about-michigan-states-injuries/

"At least five Spartan players left the game for injuries in the third and fourth quarters of a game Michigan State won 37-21. At least two returned after sitting out just one play."

“They seemed like they were just falling down. It looked suspicious,” cornerback Micah Hyde said. “We had some momentum, and they wanted to stop the clock so they could get their rest, but that has nothing to do with the game.”

"At least one Michigan State player didn’t deny what happened.

“When the offense is moving like that, the smart move is to go down and just take your time and don’t kind of rush through it, and that’s what we did,” defensive tackle Jerel Worthy told the Lansing State Journal after the game."

All I needed was to watch the game once, and I saw the helmet to helmet shots. Those are easily penalties in almost any other game. You missed it -- sorry.

In his first year, without his own recruits, with a RS FR QB playing in a completely new system, he took a team that lost one of the best runningbacks in the nation and basically played a tie ballgame against the longest tenured coach in the Big Ten in a night game @ Kinnick that was honoring Brett Greenwood. I think he's going to be alright. His guys playing 'mean' didn't seem to get him into too much trouble at MSU.

The score reflected a closer game than what it really seemed. That ACC officiating crew did us no favors and we basically gave them a touchdown on the botched punt which resulted from a high snap.

The blows to the head in last night's game as well as much of the crap we witnessed at Michigan State concerns me. The concussion issue has come to the forefront due to much research which has resulted in trying to clean up the game. It might have even had something to do with Tyler Sash's death but we will never know. The way Narduzzi plays the game simply has no future in the sport if it lasts in its current form. As a head coach he operates under a much bigger microscope than he did as a coordinator. I don't see him getting very far with this style of play but we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT