ADVERTISEMENT

Why was Iowa playing slow toward the end of the game?

Every game is different & KF believes every single one needs to be played the same way.

Doesn’t matter the score.

Guess Iowa should have never bothered showing up this past Saturday then, if the entire OSU defensive roster was full of completely unbeatable competitors and scoring anything at all was a totally miraculous event.

The lengths people will go to forgive KF's (offensive) football mentality, stubbornness and lack of acknowledging & employing modern concepts these last few years is just utterly fascinating. Sad, but fascinating.
Where the hell did I say I was forgiving KF for the offense? I mean really, tell me. I was just answering the main question of the OP with what I thought was going on.

You have never heard the stories from pro football players when the rout is on and it is late in the game with no chance of a comeback? I have heard or read of them talk about "Ok, let's just finish this out and nobody gets hurt". So both teams do simple run plays, they tackle and use all the playclock before the next snap to get it over.

I thought Iowa had their chance until the third qtr 3 turnovers and quick scores. It was 7-0 at halftime, OSU had the 2 turnovers, I missed a 51 yd FG try, but we moved the ball way better than 2 years ago there.

Anytime you are only one score down you are one play away from tying or winning.

When it got to 28-0 and 35-0 it was over because we cant score fast unless it is our run game hitting a home run

I took his comments to mean it was bad that Sullivan got in and scored on his first drive...like oh shit, now that makes me look stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT