ADVERTISEMENT

National Guard Veterans who served with Tim Walz say he's a 'coward'

RicoSuave102954

HB Heisman
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Four veterans who served with Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz came forward Monday to publicly criticize the description of his service in the National Guard, as well as his decision to retire from service and run for Congress right before the unit was deployed to Iraq.

Retired Command Sergeant Major Tom Behrends (pictured second to right), retired Brigade Sergeant Major Paul Herr (pictured left), retired Sergeant First Class Tom Schilling (pictured right), and retired National Guard veteran Rodney Tow (pictured second to left), appeared on The Megyn Kelly Show to detail their criticisms of Walz and the exaggerations of his service record.

The group detailed their frustrations with Walz, particularly after he decided to retire shortly after he learned that the unit would be deployed to Iraq in 2005. All four of them were deployed to Iraq without him. '[H]e told me and other Sergeant Majors in the meetings that you can count on me, I will deploy with my unit. His words to my ears and others,' Herr said.

The four veterans spoke about men in their unit who lost their lives in Iraq, while Walz remained in the United States, using his military service for political gain. They described his decision to leave the unit as devastating for military morale. 'That's a morale crusher. It chews away at the fabric of the military and its ability to do its mission. And it's just it may not legally be wrong, it is morally indefensible,' Herr said.

Schilling was in the unit led by Walz when he left and said he was shocked to hear the news. 'He just quit and turned his back on us,' he said. 'I don't understand how he could do it morally, or where you have absolutely no integrity.'

They also criticize Walz' decision to describe himself as a 'retired Command Sergeant Major' even though he was just a Sergeant Major when he officially retired. (Although Walz ultimately received the title of Command Sergeant Major, he did not retire as one.) 'He was literally a Sergeant Major, on paper, conditionally promoted for 14 days,' Herr said. The group condemned Walz for repeatedly describing himself as a retired Command Sergeant Major, even though he had been called out by veterans for exaggerating his record. 'If you knew my blood was boiling right now because Walz has done nothing but lie to feather his own bed his entire career,' Herr said. 'That's how I know. I was there.'

They said it was inconceivable that it was a innocent mistake, and that Walz should have corrected the record and apologized years ago. The group also condemned him for allowing others to describe him as he a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom, the military mission in Afghanistan, and Operation Iraqi Freedom in Iraq. Walz was deployed to Italy in 2003, but never served in Afghanistan or Iraq. 'You were in Italy ... when you're sucking down a latte, and people are getting shot at, there's a big difference,' Herr said.

The veterans also called out Walz' initial refusal to deploy National Guard troops during the George Floyd riots in Minneapolis, describing the force as '19 year olds who were cooks.' During his political career, Walz also spoke about ‘using a weapon of war’ in combat, even though he was never deployed overseas. 'This guy he's a military impersonator… he said it so many times that it just makes a person sick hearing it,' Behrands said.

The veterans also called out Walz' initial refusal to deploy National Guard troops during the George Floyd riots in Minneapolis, describing the force as '19 year olds who were cooks.' They described Walz' description of the force as an 'insult' to the entire state National Guard.

When Kelly asked the four veterans to raise their hand if they believed that Walz had 'cut and run,' all four of them did so. 'Fear is a reaction. Bravery is a decision,' Herr said. 'And Walz has made the wrong decision. He's not brave. I call him a coward because he is. Because he took the easy path. He took the path of least resistance.'

458252135_10221110822518809_4342640837591551461_n.jpg

Wow, Walz is really catching the heat, and all this after serving only 24 years! What a slacker! You would almost think this guy was suffering from a serious medical malady, like bone spurs or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
at first I thought they never vetted this guy. now I think they are throwing her under the bus and using him as an anchor to make sure she cannot crawl out from under the bus. and it's underwater. the powers that be are shafting her somehow.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT