ADVERTISEMENT

Navon Shabazz committed!

Good size for a PG. If he can defend, hit the college 3, and distribute the ball he should be fine. Being a good 3 point shooter being kind of critical in Iowa's system imo. Too many PG's who can't hit the 3 in the last 6 years (Ulis, Touissant, Connor at times, etc).

Last year's stats below.

About 42% of his shots were from 3. His 3pt percentage was workable but with the extended college line there's a chance he could be below a 30% shooter from the Arc starting his college career. His FT% is pretty poor, which could indicate he could struggle as a perimeter shooter also - we'll see. Only just above 3 assists per game, and 1.5 steals, not much for blocks. Turnovers weren't bad though.

Those stats don't indicate what he is elite at imo, as none of them jump off the page at you. Only 15 ORB and 5 blocks in 27 games. Solid DRB stats. Has time to improve on these.

AthleteGSGPFGMAFGPCT3PMA3PPCTeFGPCTFTMAFTPCTORBDRBRBDASTSTLBLKTOA/TOFLPTS
4, Navon Shabazz, SO2627147/33643.8%50/14734.0%51.2%54/9457.4%1511312884375531.5841398

What do you consider him to be elite at?

What do you consider him to be elite at?
I haven’t seen enough recent film to know. Just based on stats, nothing sticks out, but that was from a sophomore. He must project halfway well so I’d guess his size and athleticism for the position.

Holding on to him, should we want to
giphy.gif

kid moves around a lot, was in florida for bit then back, assumption for year then out, his dad is always looking out for the next deal. hope he stays committed. nice kid

Reactions: hawksense
Good size for a PG. If he can defend, hit the college 3, and distribute the ball he should be fine. Being a good 3 point shooter being kind of critical in Iowa's system imo. Too many PG's who can't hit the 3 in the last 6 years (Ulis, Touissant, Connor at times, etc).

Last year's stats below.

About 42% of his shots were from 3. His 3pt percentage was workable but with the extended college line there's a chance he could be below a 30% shooter from the Arc starting his college career. His FT% is pretty poor, which could indicate he could struggle as a perimeter shooter also - we'll see. Only just above 3 assists per game, and 1.5 steals, not much for blocks. Turnovers weren't bad though.

Those stats don't indicate what he is elite at imo, as none of them jump off the page at you. Only 15 ORB and 5 blocks in 27 games. Solid DRB stats. Has time to improve on these.

4, Navon Shabazz, SO2627147/33643.8%50/14734.0%51.2%54/9457.4%1511312884375531.5841398
I agree with most of what you're saying here. But free throw's is a matter of focus & can as he mature's I'm sure this will improve. As will his strength and ability to move further out with extended range. These HS stats are a smaller gauge of his abilities. These players make their reputations from playing summer ball against bigger and better competition nationwide. That's where they earn their scholorship offers.

Last year's stats below.

He was only a sophomore, right? I expect his numbers to greatly improve in his final two years in HS.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
The poor FT percentage is a big deal for a PG and indication he is not a pure shooter. Still he can be effective if he improves or does other things really well. Makes me think Andre Banks, with better PG skills or Pierre Pierce without the rapist issues and more a natural PG than PP.. We need athletic talent, so this is a solid pickup for us, assuming he doesn't blow up and get better offer or be like JR angle and peak in High School.

Reactions: unclesammy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT