ADVERTISEMENT

*************NCAA Wrestling Championships Session 3*************

Dumb question. What are the max team points psu still can get?
According to their own website, their maximum available is 189. That assumes Berge is able to wrestle after the injury. They have us at 266 but with the penalty I think we are actually 265. OKST is our closest “max points” competitor at 233. Missouri 232. NCST at 206.

makes the Ferrari match that much bigger for Warner.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
This is a burner account for a Penn State Fan. Ignore
wrong. i just don't like people telling me i'm in the wrong for having a perfectly normal psychological reaction to a rival getting hurt. If you're in war and your enemy you're trying to defeat gets hurt you're freaking happy not feeling sorry for him..this is war. you can feel sorry for the people next week. hope the best for berge in future but no one is going to change my natural reaction to my core being happy as s**t when he got hurt for this tournament specifically. i was elated. still am. sue me.

wrong. i just don't like people telling me i'm in the wrong for having a perfectly normal psychological reaction to a rival getting hurt. If you're in war and your enemy you're trying to defeat gets hurt you're freaking happy not feeling sorry for him..this is war. you can feel sorry for the people next week. hope the best for berge in future but no one is going to change my natural reaction to my core being happy as s**t when he got hurt for this tournament specifically. i was elated. still am. sue me.

Fair enough

We were always in the drivers seat. Like o said yesterday. It will be over after semis
True, but they had some interesting draws that could have made it interesting and now two of them are done completely (assuming Berge doesn't come back out tonight). Hawks can really put the nail in the coffin next session with if they can go 3/4 and Nelson keeps winning on the backside.

Kaleb Young still has one match this session. Should be coming up soon but I don't have a mat.

that sucks. you can disagree with the rule but it is called for everyone. I don't think the team race will come down to 1 team point but what a preventable mistake. I said this earlier but it completely wipes out a bonus point win which was hard earned by other hawks

Max still has a chance to wipe it out himself in the consolations. He’s had a good tournament so far and hopefully has some more wins coming!

Well there's the problem. This isn't war. It's college sports. You're not in a foxhole. You're in your living room.

Max still has a chance to wipe it out himself in the consolations. He’s had a good tournament so far and hopefully has some more wins coming!
Tough, but winnable R12. Ogunsanya/Abas both very good.

Ironside thoughts on events today:

Loved the "bing bang boom" to start the day. Not a bad round. Really bummed about Max Murin. Admits being greedy.

Iowa looking really, really good chasing the team title, thanks to PSU losing 3 wrestlers today.

Wishes they had a radio show where listeners could call in today.

Iowa still has Marinelli, Kemmerer and Cassioppi, all of whom he is confident will win. Not counting out Warner either but Ferrari is a tough match up.

Shocked how poorly ISU has performed in the tournament.

Still a lot of wrestling left to do.

Kaleb Young up next, but still have some wait time before it happens.

While we're waiting, I'd like the readers of my transcripts to chime in with where you are located today. It's been a tradition of mine over the years, which I will share with Grace and Ironside when this is all over.

I didn't know John Kreese was on this board.

Except this a game, not war. And you're not "in it".

Just know that it gives their fans (and I look forward to rubbing the deserving one's faces in it) something they'll use to cling to their high-horse. That's if the injury reason isn't enough for u

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT