ADVERTISEMENT

NDSU vs Colorado

Who wins?

• NDSU

Votes: 83 62.9%
  • Colorado

Votes: 49 37.1%

• Total voters
Pains me to type it… started… stopped…. But I will be rooting for Nebby…. B1G loyalty or anti Deion?
Actually call it what you will, but I enjoy Deion, Shadeur is a monster and it is the exact opposite of Iowa football. Undisciplined, up by 20, and suddenly down by 10. It is like rolling into your local supermarket and glancing at the tabloids, ya know it's shit, but it does have some funny headlines.

Actually call it what you will, but I enjoy Deion, Shadeur is a monster and it is the exact opposite of Iowa football. Undisciplined, up by 20, and suddenly down by 10. It is like rolling into your local supermarket and glancing at the tabloids, ya know it's shit, but it does have some funny headlines.
While I hope for a more wide open Iowa offense I don’t think I would trade it for the Colorado culture

Actually call it what you will, but I enjoy Deion, Shadeur is a monster and it is the exact opposite of Iowa football. Undisciplined, up by 20, and suddenly down by 10. It is like rolling onto your local team site and glancing at the off topic board, ya know it's shit, but it does have some funny headlines.
Fify

I would actually say it will do the exact opposite with the limiting of rosters to 105. Those players are going to go FCS.

With that said, I just want to see Colorado take Debby down.
So FBS Div 1 rosters are going to be limited to 105 and they will all have scholarships as didnt the schollie level get bumped up to 105?

I agree with you that there are 20 or so FCS programs that give very talented players a place to play early and show their stuff.

So FBS Div 1 rosters are going to be limited to 105 and they will all have scholarships as didnt the schollie level get bumped up to 105?

I agree with you that there are 20 or so FCS programs that give very talented players a place to play early and show their stuff.
Iowa has 130ish guys on roster, I think debby was reported to have 150, that’s a significant number of walkons headed to the fcs or lower levels

Not a fan of Sanders at all, this would be a huge win for NDSU and huge blow to Colorado.
Why not a fan? Sanders turned Colorado around the day he was signed. Immediately, Colorado was relevant again after barely being an afterthough for 20 years. The only person ever to play in both a World Series and a Super Bowl knows a little bit about football, I think.

And how about this? Remember when KF's Hawkeyes nipped UNI by ONE point--2010 I think it was, you can look it up. And that one-point win only happened after Iowa blocked TWO straight FGs at the very end of the game.

KF's teams have lost to Northern Illinois and barely escaped Ball State in addition to the one-point win over UNI by an Iowa team filled with great players, many of whom went on to outstanding NFL careers.

Just a few facts, FWIW.

I would actually say it will do the exact opposite with the limiting of rosters to 105. Those players are going to go FCS.

With that said, I just want to see Colorado take Debby down.
It's a bit misleading to say limiting the rosters. Total roster size down, scholarships up, as it used to be 85. So the big time schools can have more scholarship players, but not hoard up extra as walkons. Because of the mixed nature of the change I don't think we can predict how other programs will be affected.

Colorado will win. they have too much talent to let NDSU beat them at home, that being said our house will be cheering for NDSU like it's Iowa that day!
That’s what everyone said in 2016 when NDSU came to Iowa city. I think that pisses me off more than some of the ISU losses. Kirk played exactly the kind of game they wanted him to you could see it coming.

Deion won’t make that mistake he’ll go for the kill

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
That’s what everyone said in 2016 when NDSU came to Iowa city. I think that pisses me off more than some of the ISU losses. Kirk played exactly the kind of game they wanted him to you could see it coming.

Deion won’t make that mistake he’ll go for the kill
Like he did when they were up 29 at half to Stanford last year....

Why not a fan? Sanders turned Colorado around the day he was signed. Immediately, Colorado was relevant again after barely being an afterthough for 20 years. The only person ever to play in both a World Series and a Super Bowl knows a little bit about football, I think.

And how about this? Remember when KF's Hawkeyes nipped UNI by ONE point--2010 I think it was, you can look it up. And that one-point win only happened after Iowa blocked TWO straight FGs at the very end of the game.

KF's teams have lost to Northern Illinois and barely escaped Ball State in addition to the one-point win over UNI by an Iowa team filled with great players, many of whom went on to outstanding NFL careers.

Just a few facts, FWIW.
2009, and we went on to have a hell of a year. Came a Stanzi injury against NW away from probably winning the B1G and playing for a championship....

Just a few facts, FWIW.
4-8 is not "turning around a program". Once they got up against decent teams, they lost. They were only relevant because of his name. Yes, DS knows football (I never said he was a bad player), but knowing it and coaching it are different things.

I could care less that Iowa barely beat UNI, et al. The post is about NDSU vs Colorado, not a fan of his "look at me" swag, reminds me of the LSU womens basketball coach to an extent.

e
Just a few facts
Why not a fan?

Didn't care for his showboatin arrival and dumping of the players already on scholarship to make room for his hand picked transfers from other teams. Did my heart good to see Colorado's season turn to shit later in the year. Just too bad Jay Norvell's CSU team couldn't hold on to hand the Buffs' their first loss of the year.

I like his swagger and what he’s trying to do at Colorado. Go Buffs.
He's an overhyped pimp.

Looking Good Old School GIF by Holly Logan

He's an overhyped pimp.

Looking Good Old School GIF by Holly Logan
Yup. This could absolutely be true.

BUT..we gave Brian like 6-7 years just to prove he was dog crap. The least the CO Ath. Director can do is give Sanders 3 or 4. Is this his third? He should probably be expected by the fan base to be much better than 4-8 or whatever he was in ‘23.

The 5+ year leash is waaaaaay too long, IMO. For anybody.

I think Barnett is fired come this Jan if his line isn’t opening holes on a consistent basis against decent/good opponents. Even if there is an injury or two, his guys should be ready.

NDSU isn’t what they once were.

SDSU has stolen some of their thunder.
Somewhat. NDSU has still won 2 of the last 5 titles and 1 runner up. Last year they lost 3 regular season games...something that hasn't happened in ages. It is crazy that SDSU was able to build a similar powerhouse in an even more sparse area of the Dakotas.

Still pissed that KFz found a way to lose to them despite all the warning signs.

Yup. This could absolutely be true.

BUT..we gave Brian like 6-7 years just to prove he was dog crap. The least the CO Ath. Director can do is give Sanders 3 or 4. Is this his third? He should probably be expected by the fan base to be much better than 4-8 or whatever he was in ‘23.

The 5+ year leash is waaaaaay too long, IMO. For anybody.

I think Barnett is fired come this Jan if his line isn’t opening holes on a consistent basis against decent/good opponents. Even if there is an injury or two, his guys should be ready.
Yes to Barnett being gone if OLine stinks again this year. And Deon is embarrassing Colorado with the out of control culture. He thinks he walks on water and is untouchable. He needs to be knocked down a notch or two, especially with the W-L record.

Yes to Barnett being gone if OLine stinks again this year. And Deon is embarrassing Colorado with the out of control culture. He thinks he walks on water and is untouchable. He needs to be knocked down a notch or two, especially with the W-L record.
He has been knocked down some notches - the Buffs aren’t all over the TV screen like they were two years ago.

And I wouldn’t say Deion is embarrassing that university at all…Colorado, without a doubt, knew how he carried himself. A spark of excitement is what they wanted and it’s what they got.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT