ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Paying 3 Head Football Coaches Next Year

They’ll have a new AD before next season and there isn’t an AD out there that would come in and stand behind Riley (maybe Natural, but only if he thought he was cute). Riley got the last AD fired, no other sport even contributed to his firing.
Nebraska AD Eichcost (SP) also hired Miles the basketball coach. That may have contributed to his firing as well.

Truth be told, turns out that of late, the University of Nebraska at Lincoln paying people to NOT coach football would be money well spent...

Check this out: Frost saying he'd like to be Nebraska's coach someday but he's currently happy where he's at.

Nebraska AD Eichcost (SP) also hired Miles the basketball coach. That may have contributed to his firing as well.

IMO Tim Miles has done about as good of a job as anybody possibly could for Nebraska basketball. The alternatives to Tim are few as coaching Nebraska basketball is a dead-end road. Not terribly unlike UN football coaching is becoming - for much different reasons however.

With Riley presumably gone before next season that means Nebraska will be paying not one, not two, but three football HC’s in 2018. They are paying Bo Pelini through February of 2019 and they’ll be paying Mike Riley through 2021ish, plus their new HC.

The new AD has to fire Riley since the prior one got fired due to Riley. No way can one come in and stand behind Riley.
Who do they think they are, Notre Dame?

Reactions: HemiHawk
From looking at the main article on front page talking about Iowa coaches recruiting during the bye week. All of this mess in Huskerland and unknown future for Riley can't be helping them with Max Duggan.

U

Yes, 0-2 against PSU on a last second loss which I'm sure PSU will put a beatdown on your skirts for polling purposes and at MSU which was an ugly loss but not a bad loss.

But hey, congrats on losing to NIU, beating Rutgers and Illini while gaining less than 300 yards in all three games. You guys are a juggernaut! LoL. Reality starts this weekend and will continue till Iowa puts another beatdown on you rubs.

Concerning Kirk's pay, it's not too bad considering he has won B1G two titles, been in two BCS games w/ one win, and an undefeated regular season in 15. I'll take that over 17 years of futility by your club. Good luck though man, you will find your coach in the next 20 or 30 years. Love having Nebraska in the league for a good laugh.

Enjoy it while it lasts....it will change.

I'm kinda interested in what happens if UNL makes it to 7-5. Really unlikely, 6-6 might be the best hope, but I can't see how they can survive by firing yet another coach coming off a winning season. 7-5 is probably their best hope for next year as well with that schedule.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Enjoy it while it lasts....it will change.

Yawn have been hearing that same narrative for last 7 years since Nebraska joined the Big 10 and the many many fans posting here. Get back to me when the Huskers actually do anything of substance on the field.

I have a question. Do you guys think that N.Legend ever posts on the Husker board? Or is he just on here 24/7?
I Live in Evanston, why would I want to post on the Nebraska board? I have read their board but it pretty dull. Iowa posters are more fun to hit on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT