ADVERTISEMENT

Need Iowa City Direct TV Installer

markfromj

HR Legend
Sep 1, 2004
My tailgate group had to move houses/yards this year, and so we lost the Direct TV dish we were allowed to put on the old house.

New house guy will allow us to again do this, so looking for Iowa City installer.

Any contacts or recommendations?

It isn't that difficult. I'll state the following allowing for I stopped my DTV in 2018 - but I am assuming the concept as to mounting and aiming a dish really hasn't changed. I had to move several times with DTV in the past, always re-installed my dish and aimed it myself.

I guarantee there's YT videos galore as to how to do this. It isn't that difficult to do if one is simply moving "across town" because the hard part (tweaking the dish to peak the signal) has already been done.

Simply put, a traditional DSS dish needs to be mounted on a perfectly vertical mast before anything else is possible. Therefore, if the dish is adjusted correct now somewhere in Iowa City - in theory you should be able to move it to a new location in Iowa City, remove the dish in whole from the current mast, then move it to a new mast that is also perfectly vertical - then once everything hookups-wise is replicated (coax from dish LNB to receiver, receiver to TV using an HDMI, etc) - all you should have to do in theory is plug everything in and turn on the TV, pull up the receiver signal meter in the settings, then rotate the dish horizontally until it peaks out the signal. Then once you lock a signal in the 90's, tighten the dish bolts and you're done aiming the dish.

I learned how to do this with no professional help, no YT videos to go by, no special tools or gizmos, etc. All I did when I moved the dish was make sure my new mast was vertical and then replicated everything the way it was before. Never had to call an installer or customer service once.

Come into the 21st century. Use a hot spot and YouTube TV. Then you don't have to worry about moving to a different place.

Come into the 21st century. Use a hot spot and YouTube TV. Then you don't have to worry about moving to a different place.
This would easily be my preferred solution assuming decent cellular service in that area on game day. Probably wouldn't cost anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT