ADVERTISEMENT

Need some ideas for how to kill rabbits

Little bastards are everywhere and eating the green shoots on everything.

I live in a suburban neighborhood so shooting is difficult. I have some low velocity .22s but really nervous about neighbors calling the cops.

I don’t want to trap them as that’s a PITA.

Any ideas?

Short of killing them, any ideas for a long lasting repellent?

Thanks!
Liquid fence deer and rabbit preventor.
My brother uses it in crapids.

Liquid fence deer and rabbit preventor.
My brother uses it in crapids.
I used to have a bag of blood meal with capcasin or some kind of hot pepper mix. It seemed to work but you had to reapply every time it rained.

I’ll look at your suggestions

I live in a suburban neighborhood so shooting is difficult. I have some low velocity .22s but really nervous about neighbors calling the cops.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
My dad used to walk through the backyard with a pistol. Guessing that is not Bueno these days.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Marigold

My dad used to walk through the backyard with a pistol. Guessing that is not Bueno these days.
I think I have some of these or can buy some.
Very quiet with a bolt-action .22. I’d probably need to shoot them from indoors when everyone is out of the house.

22_COLIBRI_20_GR_1_B222337_36ad4df130.webp

Reactions: jasonrann
Coyotes and foxes. I live backing up to a creek running through Ankeny and I know there are coyotes here. My rabbit problem is gone. I do have concerns that they might get a dog.

Foxes are pussies. Not much experience with Coyotes. When I walked home from my third shift in Baghdad it was dark as hell. I would encounter packs of hyenas. Wimps on their own, but you never know group mentality. I figured I would swing my S.A.W. and two of them and bludgeon them, hoping the rest would be scared off. We had cougar that would come out at night as well. (Sadaam's old personal zool) Air Borne killed all the bears and lions before we got there.

Back to my original point....i've had cats f up foxes. Don't worry about them.

Foxes are pussies. Not much experience with Coyotes. When I walked home from my third shift in Baghdad it was dark as hell. I would encounter packs of hyenas. Wimps on their own, but you never know group mentality. I figured I would swing my S.A.W. and two of them and bludgeon them, hoping the rest would be scared off. We had cougar that would come out at night as well. (Sadaam's old personal zool) Air Borne killed all the bears and lions before we got there.

Back to my original point....i've had cats f up foxes. Don't worry about them.
Csb. I mean, actually cool story. You could write a book on your experiences and Iraq…

Don't see you around much. Any Moracco (Merikesh) and S. Coast of Spain recommendations?

Not from memory as I haven’t been there but I’ve been looking into a two week Southern Spain, Portugal, Morocco and Gibraltar vacation for awhile so I have some recs from others saved up. I’ll try to remember to look them up and get back to you.

Not from memory as I haven’t been there but I’ve been looking into a two week Southern Spain, Portugal, Morocco and Gibraltar vacation for awhile so I have some recs from others saved up. I’ll try to remember to look them up and get back to you.
Going this July. Will help you out with some recommendations.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
We have owls in the woods behind our house. They like to eat bunnies.
Same, but also my dog, my neighbor to my left's 3 dogs, my other neighbor to my right's 3 dogs, and my back neighbor's dog also keep the bunnies away.

Those 20 grain subsonics are gonna be pretty darn quiet at 420 feet per second. They aren't going to pack much of a punch though. Better go for the head so that you don't keep sending wounded rabbits into the neighbors yards....... not what you wanna make the evening news for. You might need to sight your gun in with those shells if they aren't what you're sighted in with currently...... they're really light and slow and may have a different point of impact. Be very very careful of what's beyond the target, try to always have the ground as your backstop, and for gods sake, don't let them stick a carrot in your barrel.

I know you said no on the hassle, but in a neighborhood, a live trap and a pellet gun to the head isn't that much effort and you can knock down explicitly the rabbit population vs poisoning other critters by accident.

Pellet to the head or just snap thier neck with your hands. They are very simple to dispatch. Cut off the feet, cut the skin around the shoulders and deglove, you are 90% of the way done to processing for a meal.

Those 20 grain subsonics are gonna be pretty darn quiet at 420 feet per second. They aren't going to pack much of a punch though. Better go for the head so that you don't keep sending wounded rabbits into the neighbors yards....... not what you wanna make the evening news for. You might need to sight your gun in with those shells if they aren't what you're sighted in with currently...... they're really light and slow and may have a different point of impact. Be very very careful of what's beyond the target, try to always have the ground as your backstop, and for gods sake, don't let them stick a carrot in your barrel.
Yea, I think I have some of these somewhere, as well. Probably a better option than the Colibris.
144251.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT