ADVERTISEMENT

Needs some guidance on attending Hawk game this weekend...

TornadoHawk93

HR All-State
Jul 21, 2022
Hey Hawk fans, a friend won two tickets to the game at Wrigley and asked me to go. Super pumped, but we have NO IDEA what to do about parking. Any suggestions?

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Get ready for an obnoxious group of posters with anti Hawkeye wise cracks.

Hey Hawk fans, a friend won two tickets to the game at Wrigley and asked me to go. Super pumped, but we have NO IDEA what to do about parking. Any suggestions?

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
Had a friend who went to a cubs game. Parked in a lot that a guy was waving a sign PARK HERE. After the game was over he went to the lot to find his car towed. Paid a big fee to get it out of police garage.
Be very careful.

• Sad
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Sit in the N'west section so you don't get puked on, threatend, or feel like you just visted the zoo.

You can usually find spots in the area north of the cemetery north of Wrigley. (About a mile, not much more than parking at an Iowa home game.)

If coming in 90, get off on the Addison exit and park on the street. It's typically about a mile walk where I usually park, but its worth it. This worked for many Cubs playoff games, so I assume it would work Saturday. Easy out after the game as well back to 90

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
Are you getting a hotel room on Friday night?

I have been to many cubs games but none in the last 13-15 years. If you want to park close, pay premium for parking, and make sure you have an easy out of the lot, them you will have to PAY, but there is some available by the stadium. Lot's of alley parking you can pay for and then walk to the game.

If you have the time to come in from the north of Wrigley there should be less traffic, if you can call it less, than coming up thru the city. But it is a Saturday. Park in Skokie or Evanston of one of those Burbs where you can easily walk to the EL and take the train down to the Wrig.

Lots of L train maps at CTA.com, yellow route goes to Skokie and maybe a Walmart there you can park in.

Last edited:

I have been to many cubs games but none in the last 13-15 years. If you want to park close, pay premium for parking, and make sure you have an easy out of the lot, them you will have to PAY, but there is some available by the stadium. Lot's of alley parking you can pay for and then walk to the game.

If you have the time to come in from the north of Wrigley there should be less traffic, if you can call it less, than coming up thru the city. But it is a Saturday. Park in Skokie or Evanston of one of those Burbs where you can easily walk to the EL and take the train down to the Wrig.

Lots of L train maps at CTA.com, yellow route goes to Skokie and maybe a Walmart there you can park in.
Thanks UI!!!

Not staying the night, but this is GREAT info!!

This. Park someplace north (and hopefully safe) and take the train. Forget "traditional" tailgating out of your vehicle. The are dozens of bars close to the stadium.

Including one great Hawkeye Bar! https://merkleschicago.com/

But get there early!

Reactions: Hawkman34
Park at one of the El train stops (if coming from Iowa) and ride the train in. Blue line to the loop and transfer to the Red line that drops you off a block from Wrigley. Parking is like $6 for 12 hours and an all day train pass is around $10. You could also buy two one way tickets for like $3 each, but the all day pass allows you to bypass the line buying a return pass, which will save you 30-45 minutes.

Forest Park is pretty good place to park on the Blue Line. Probably about a 45-60 minute train ride to Wrigley.

Reactions: Hawkman34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT