ADVERTISEMENT

"Never Call the Cops" Policy at a Bar?

University PD nailed me for a public intoxication walking home from one of those. My argument that I left my car in the mall parking ramp did not help me out.
This reminded me of a csb.

Around 2010ish, I was back in Iowa City w/ the girl I was dating (no pics) and her friend (no pics) and her friend's boyfriend (no pics). I did not particularly like the bf. Anyways, her friend drove us all down to Iowa City and we parked in the mall parking ramp. Her bf was supposed to stay sober and drive us back home that night to CR. Myself and my gf go our own way, and her friend/the bf go their own way. We meet back up at Pancheros, and the dude is pretty drunk, as is the friend but he claimed he was more stoned than drunk. Both myself and my gf are also very drunk, because we assumed we had a ride back to CR.

We get burritos, and walk back to the parking ramp. The guy says he's totally fine to drive. We let him (yes stupid, I know). We pull up to the toll booth, and the person won't let him drive out, and then there's a few cop cars that pull up. We all get breathalyzed. He gets asked to do sobriety field tests, and hands me his burrito (I've already devoured mine). So I'm holding his burrito on the curb, while he's walking in a straight line and what not. Then he starts getting mouthy, so the cops put him in cuffs and in the back of their car. As soon as that happened, I opened his burrito and ate it while he was watching me in the back of the cop car.

IC cops looooooove giving students public intox when they decide not to drive home

Cop accused me of pushing one of those blue lights for sex assault. Everyone with me said bullshit. He backed off that and said I can smell ETOH.

Had I the legal knowledge that I have now, I might have been able to fight it. But f it. A public intoxication in Iowa City during college is a badge of honor

Around 2010ish, I was back in Iowa City w/ the girl I was dating (no pics) and her friend (no pics) and her friend's boyfriend (no pics). I did not particularly like the bf. Anyways, her friend drove us all down to Iowa City and we parked in the mall parking ramp. Her bf was supposed to stay sober and drive us back home that night to CR. Myself and my gf go our own way, and her friend/the bf go their own way. We meet back up at Pancheros, and the dude is pretty drunk, as is the friend but he claimed he was more stoned than drunk. Both myself and my gf are also very drunk, because we assumed we had a ride back to CR.

We get burritos, and walk back to the parking ramp. The guy says he's totally fine to drive. We let him (yes stupid, I know). We pull up to the toll booth, and the person won't let him drive out, and then there's a few cop cars that pull up. We all get breathalyzed. He gets asked to do sobriety field tests, and hands me his burrito (I've already devoured mine). So I'm holding his burrito on the curb, while he's walking in a straight line and what not. Then he starts getting mouthy, so the cops put him in cuffs and in the back of their car. As soon as that happened, I opened his burrito and ate it while he was watching me in the back of the cop car.
2 burritos? Jesus.

That is hilarious

2 burritos? Jesus.
l8Kb3Z.gif

That is hilarious
I should also add that my gf got a ticket that night, because she was a couple weeks away from turning 21. I was the only one that didn't get any ticket or citation that night despite being shitfaced. Anyways, her parents were loaded, and the ticket was bogus, so they took it to court and won. But they got to watch the dashcam footage from one of the squad cars, and apparently I was just sitting there with a huge smile housing down that burrito on the curb.

Had no idea it turned into a gay bar. Is it still open? I haven't been there in like 15 to 20 years

I rememeber those bathrooms being the most disgusting bathrooms ever

In Korea there was a bar that did these bright green soju drinks that would absolutely get a person wasted. They had one of those small urinals in the floor looking toilets. Basically once the first drunk missed people would just stand farther and farther back. By the end of the night it was essentially just dudes propping open the door and pissing all over the floor. CSB

Had no idea it turned into a gay bar. Is it still open? I haven't been there in like 15 to 20 years

No it turned into Clinton Street Social Club. I watched my friend short out the ATM by pissing all over the back of it

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk and Moral
I should also add that my gf got a ticket that night, because she was a couple weeks away from turning 21. I was the only one that didn't get any ticket or citation that night despite being shitfaced. Anyways, her parents were loaded, and the ticket was bogus, so they took it to court and won. But they got to watch the dashcam footage from one of the squad cars, and apparently I was just sitting there with a huge smile housing down that burrito on the curb.
A real Brian’s hat scenario

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32 and Moral

And those stairs back down to street level at closing time, man. Talk about treacherous. But my group had a lotta good nights drinking cheap beer and shooting pool at that table in the back right next to the pisser and (I think) the jukebox?

There are bars that do not want the cops called. They handle things internally for several different reasons. One is they don't want their liquor license screwed with.

5-7 years ago it was Clinton Street Social Club. It was surreal to sit in One Eyed Jakes but it's a fancy drink establishment. It must have changed hands again sometime?

I remember the dance floor (2nd steep flight of stairs). Sticky as ****.

Reactions: JWolf74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT