ADVERTISEMENT

New ‘Caitlin Clark Rule’ in women’s basketball

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The NCAA is changing its penalty for delay-of-game violations in women’s basketball.

Players will no longer get charged a technical foul for certain delay-of-game violations, including the one Iowa star guard Caitlin Clark got called for in the Hawkeyes’ NCAA championship game loss to LSU. The All-American received a technical foul because she didn’t pass the ball to an official after a foul was called late in the third quarter. That was deemed to be a delay of game by the officials.

Since it was the second delay-of-game violation for Iowa, Clark was charged with a technical foul. Players receive a personal foul when they are assessed a technical foul in college basketball, and the foul was Clark’s fourth of the game.

Lol. All too familiar situation for us Lions fans. Get screwed over by a rule, league then sees it was stupid and changes said rule.

Although in this case the call was garbage not the rule itself. She tossed the ball back underneath the basket where a referee is generally standing and a common place to throw the ball to after a stoppage. That was just a shitty officiated game.

Lol. All too familiar situation for us Lions fans. Get screwed over by a rule, league then sees it was stupid and changes said rule.

Although in this case the call was garbage not the rule itself. She tossed the ball back underneath the basket where a referee is generally standing and a common place to throw the ball to after a stoppage. That was just a shitty officiated game.
It was a complete f**king disgrace is what it was.

Now we just need a rule about coaches standing 10 feet onto the court during live action for most of the game.
Already a solution for this.
sirmove.0.0.gif

Reactions: cigaretteman
I understand and agree with the rule change.

That said, I'd be willing to bet that the particular situation that inspired the rule change was called less than a handful of times over the course of the season and I'd be willing to bet again that the ref that made the call in the Championship game hadn't made that call all year. The "outrage" wasn't directed at the rule, but rather it's implementation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT