ADVERTISEMENT

New Drivers

FormerlyCyberCy

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2005
I’m playing w a Taylor Made that’s 5-6 years old. Who has bought a new driver in the last year? Buddy got the new Callaway Rogue and loves it. Says it hard to hit a bad shot w it or the matching 4 wood.

Sorry, I thought this thread was about teenagers
who just got their first driver's license.

I’m playing w a Taylor Made that’s 5-6 years old. Who has bought a new driver in the last year? Buddy got the new Callaway Rogue and loves it. Says it hard to hit a bad shot w it or the matching 4 wood.
My Callaway FT-5 (Circa 2008) couldn't be outdone by any new driver I came across prior to the Callaway Epic (it was long enough and very straight). The epic beat it in decisive fashion, so that's what I have now (Equally straight, longer). I hit the rogue vs. my Epic using trackman in a simulator, and they were pretty much dead even. I've not hit the Epic Flash or the new Taylor Made's. However, when I'm getting 270+ off the tee, it's time for me to focus on other areas.

Pick up an Epic off of CallawayGolfPreowned.com and hit it for a bit to see if you like it. I think you get 30 days to send it back for a full refund (maybe only 2 weeks, can't remember).

Here's an interesting side note though. I got the off the rack Callaway XR 3 wood, and I can get 250-260 off the deck with it. I found a good deal on the epic 3 wood, and was maxing out at 247-250 with it, so I sold it on Ebay. My bag looked cooler with it in there, but the performance just wasn't there.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
P.S. to my above comment, since I see you have a 5-6 year old taylormade. I Had a Taylor made Superfast 2.0 as well as a Taylor made R11S (purchased both used), but couldn't make either out-perform the old FT-5. The EPIC of course did outperform those for me. The R11s performed similarly to the FT-5, but no marked difference to entice me to replace the FT-5. If I had the R11s first, I'd have kept it over the FT-5, since they were similar.

Hey callaway pre-owned has 30% off pre-owned Rogue Drivers and Fairway woods now. You could get both for around $300: https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/golf-clubs/drivers/drivers-2018-rogue.html.

If you haven't bought from them before, I recommend choosing a "very good" or "Like New" condition, they're in excellent shape.

Back in the day this catalog coming in the mail made it move.

austad-jumbo-golf-club-refinished_1_7826677fd7a34911c06de8b18d089f1f.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT