ADVERTISEMENT

New Iowa Fall Camp Video

Love the video. Great insight from KOK on Stans leadership qualities. Nice film session breakdowns with Fant. Fant is the most talented player on the team. Essentially he is a WR in a big body playing TE. No better way to end practice than listening to some inspiration from one of the all time greatest Hawks! When Dallas tells the team they have serious talent and energy its not to be taken lightly. BELIEVE! IF the team does Believe in themselves and push for more individually and as a whole this could be an unforgettable year! I'm amped after listening to him. Seize the opportunity for greatness!

Reactions: mrF6n6
To be high on Stanley, they must know the receiver corp is upgraded, in addition to the quality tight ends. Really liked seeing #12 make a deep catch over decent coverage. In my mind, his individual success, or lack of it, will directly shape the productivity of the offense. If the deep threat demands even occasional double coverage, the tight ends or backs will dominate in the intermediate vacated gap on the sideline. On the other hand, if that gap is covered and #12 is left one-on-one and can make that big play a couple times per game, big plays lead to demoralization and wins. The last guy Iowa had like that....also named Smith (#4).

Last edited:
Man, you can tell they are really high on Stanley for this coming year.
As I stated in another thread ... I think that the video was explicitly intended for recruiting purposes. It's also potentially intended as a little extra hype - to ultimately push both Fant and Stanley out to the NFL.

All the focus on our current TEs, along with the bit with Dallas Clark ... that seems an overt message to guys like Miamen and Hickman.

Relating to the hyping of Stanley ... the coaches are likely already telling Bell that they foresee him earning playing time as a TR FR. Through the video, they're suggesting that our WRs in '18 and '19 will be having a pretty elite QB passing them the ball.

But yeah, they definitely like Stanley A LOT!

To be high on Stanley, they must know the receiver corp is upgraded, in addition to the quality tight ends. Really liked seeing #12 make a deep catch over decent coverage. In my mind, his individual success, or lack of it, will directly shape the productivity of the offense. If the deep threat demands even occasional double coverage, the tight ends or backs will dominate in the intermediate vacated gap on the sideline. On the other hand, if that gap is covered and #12 is left one-on-one and can make that big play a couple times per game, big plays lead to demoralization and wins. The last guy Iowa had like that....also named Smith (#4).
Been thinking the same about the longs passes I've been seeing going B. Smith in practice vids and such. I hope he has a great year and it helps propel the team to all time greatness.

Reactions: Wadzinator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT