ADVERTISEMENT

New proposal changes when Iowa drivers can get traffic camera tickets

Don’t know a catchy jingle for ten and eleven. I object

Unfortunately, my kids don't seem to have a problem exceeding that threshold.

Buy a Tesla, give them profiles and set Max Speed limits. Problem solved.

Tesla Model Y is the safest car on the road of any type and the prices have come way down. You can get a partial federal tax credit even on a used model. Cheap to operate. $40-$50 per month. No brainer if I had kids of driving age.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
I got a proposal for where those cameras can be placed....up everyone's ass who thinks they're not a cash grab
I was asked my opinion on these things by a state legislator once and I told him ghe same thing. He mentioned safety and I asked if the people getting the funds are the ones making the safety claims and improvements on accident outcomes? Also asked him why red light camera companies are notorious for shortening yellow lights. Why do people in Iowa need to go to a panel made up of the police whose budget is directly fed by these things. The camera companies make a ridiculous percentage of each ticket which common sense indicates incentivizes more tickets. That type of incentive would make most think we should check and audit the cameras and make those records public. Guess what....no one is allowed to challenge these companies or examine the cameras as a part of their defense against a ticket. I met a lobbyist for one of these companies once and it was truly a feeling you get when you are certain a person is a sociopath.

Remove the cameras. Using civil infractions to step around the criminal code is not something a free society should ever be OK with on any matter.

Cities will scream about it because they are addicted to the extra money. That is the reason. So pass a law that local communities do not get the funds and watch how quickly they no longer want them. Use the money to address childhood hunger or something else that is worthy and outside the control of local politicians

I was asked my opinion on these things by a state legislator once and I told him ghe same thing. He mentioned safety and I asked if the people getting the funds are the ones making the safety claims and improvements on accident outcomes? Also asked him why red light camera companies are notorious for shortening yellow lights. Why do people in Iowa need to go to a panel made up of the police whose budget is directly fed by these things. The camera companies make a ridiculous percentage of each ticket which common sense indicates incentivizes more tickets. That type of incentive would make most think we should check and audit the cameras and make those records public. Guess what....no one is allowed to challenge these companies or examine the cameras as a part of their defense against a ticket. I met a lobbyist for one of these companies once and it was truly a feeling you get when you are certain a person is a sociopath.

Remove the cameras. Using civil infractions to step around the criminal code is not something a free society should ever be OK with on any matter.

Cities will scream about it because they are addicted to the extra money. That is the reason. So pass a law that local communities do not get the funds and watch how quickly they no longer want them. Use the money to address childhood hunger or something else that is worthy and outside the control of local politicians
But ILLEGALs can run wild?!

Reactions: Firekirknow
None of this would be necessary if State govt would fairly distribute tax revenue.

But Terrace Hill is more concerned with buying votes by cutting State income taxes in election years.

• Love
Reactions: Hawkman98
Do you see illegals in your sleep. You count illegals to go to sleep. It’s all there illegals maga illegals

Nah, he counts how many times he pretended to be a “marine.” Puts him to sleep every time. Stealing valor gets him 10% off at Wendy’s and puts our little guy down for the count.

Reactions: nelly02

what does that mean?

state gets the fine money and uses it to fund safety improvements through the DOT and MPOs...use the fine money as the local match against federal HSIP funds

this isn't complicated...lots of states do it

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
When the initially brought these into the St Louis area, there was an intersection near my home that was not busy and was a flashing yellow most of the time and during peak driving times, the light was only activated when a car pulled up to the intersection from the crossing residential street. Then after the camera was installed, "for safety reasons", the yellow light became a mere blip and the light was working 24/7. Nothing but a cash grab. Weird thing was when those types of light cameras became illegal, the intersection when back to the way it was, crazy right?

Nah, he counts how many times he pretended to be a “marine.” Puts him to sleep every time. Stealing valor gets him 10% off at Wendy’s and puts our little guy down for the count.
Has he claimed to be a ex Marine. Just curious.

Oh yeah - just do a simple search for the word marine and type in our special fella as the member. He's been pretend oorah-ing for more_than_a_day.
Usually folks who brag about it especially online. Didn’t serve or at least what they did do was suspect or overstated.

Usually folks who brag about it especially online. Didn’t serve or at least what they did do was suspect or overstated.

Meh...he's a joke all around. I missed him when he was gone and was glad to see he was reinstated when I got back. I like bumbling fools.

Poor Prairie City. When will they ever catch a break?

You know what Northern?
If you ain’t speeding, no one eve knows you were there. And why are small towns being singled out here?
It is clearly POSTED that there is a “camera” being used to monitor your speed BEFORE your enter the area in question….How phuquin’ stupid does a driver have to be?? Like Ron White said….”you can’t fix stupid!”
And why not post multiple cameras near a school zone? Seems logical to me. But some phuque head from Dickinson County “thinks” it is unconstitutional? And the rest of the MAGA idiots in the legislature fall into line……,
WTF?

You know what Northern?
If you ain’t speeding, no one eve knows you were there. And why are small towns being singled out here?
It is clearly POSTED that there is a “camera” being used to monitor your speed BEFORE your enter the area in question….How phuquin’ stupid does a driver have to be?? Like Ron White said….”you can’t fix stupid!”
And why not post multiple cameras near a school zone? Seems logical to me. But some phuque head from Dickinson County “thinks” it is unconstitutional? And the rest of the MAGA idiots in the legislature fall into line……,
WTF?

Why do Prairie City officials claim it's for school safety because of all the students going back and forth between Prairie City and Monore but then place the camera on the west side of the Prairie City exit catching westbound traffic? The camera isn't even located on the stretch that the kids travel.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
If the ones go in by Newton and Grinnell I will check and see if they can jus set up automatic withdrawl, my wife still gets them by Prairie City and in I235.

Why do Prairie City officials claim it's for school safety because of all the students going back and forth between Prairie City and Monore but then place the camera on the west side of the Prairie City exit catching westbound traffic? The camera isn't even located on the stretch that the kids travel.
There are two cams 1) near the middle school, in town (on #117, I think)….and a second westbound on #163….Again…the camera on #163 is well signed/marked…..and by reputation! Simply, do not speed! No problem. That damn #163 is one busy sumbitch. Lots of commuter traffic and truck traffic daily. The school camera, does that even need an explanation?
Again….why can’t small towns use these cameras? Some legislators got red-ass or something?

Again Northern, drive 70 mph (that’s +5 mph over) and no problems.
Quit your bitchin’ about shit that really makes no difference! FREEDUMB!

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
There are two cams 1) near the middle school, in town (on #117, I think)….and a second westbound on #163….Again…the camera on #163 is well signed/marked…..and by reputation! Simply, do not speed! No problem. That damn #163 is one busy sumbitch. Lots of commuter traffic and truck traffic daily. The school camera, does that even need an explanation?
Again….why can’t small towns use these cameras? Some legislators got red-ass or something?

Again Northern, drive 70 mph (that’s +5 mph over) and no problems.
Quit your bitchin’ about shit that really makes no difference! FREEDUMB!

Zero speeding tickets in my life. But that's not the point. This is government gone astray.

Because they have traffic laws and enforce them?

I forgot, I did receive a speed camera ticket a long time ago. Back then I wasn't against cameras. I paid the ticket and went about my business.

My opinion has changed though as it's become evident that for many jurisdictions it's about $$$$.

Give me your address, shit for brains, and we’ll see what’s up…….
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

I forgot, I did receive a speed camera ticket a long time ago. Back then I wasn't against cameras. I paid the ticket and went about my business.

My opinion has changed though as it's become evident that for many jurisdictions it's about $$$$.
Buy a golf ball….it’s all about $$$$……,Money is what makes capitalism go ‘round.
Again….don’t speed and no one will give a shit who you are or where you drive.

Just comply and there won’t be any issues.

Reactions: joelbc1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT