ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft without the celebration?

SpyderHawk

HR All-American
Gold Member
Feb 29, 2020
Definitely going to be different.:(

Last edited:
I love the emails that say, “We’re here for you in these tough times. Since we care so much, here is how you can pay online.”

If you don't owe money it is not a problem. Live within your means.
7bc9cc349de1db180777f6a5321cd72b86c99e98.gifv

No high horse about it. If someone has to live above their means to the point they are in debt it's your/their fault.
My phone is ringing off the hook. I make my payments regularly, but now they want it all.

Haven't heard anything from anyone we have loans with. Our home, camper and one car. We are up to date on everything, I don't see how they could start demanding the balances from us. If you are behind on your credit cards or utilities I would consult a budget planner or research how to manage your budget.

Let's do a bit of clarification here, if you owe on your house or a car that is normal. These are large ticket items that are necessities in our society. If you purchased a Tesla and really could only afford a Hyundai that's on you. If you bought a 600K house and could really only afford a 350K house that's on you. IF you put day to day things like going out to eat and partying on a credit card then only make the minimum payment each month letting it build to can unmaintainable level, that is on you. If you buy large items toys like campers or boats and you can make your monthly payments thats normal and not irresponsible. Its when you spend more than you earn on a regular basis because you want instant gratification with no regards to the long range consequences then come on a message board and bitch about bill collectors it is irritating.

Yeah not saying anything about anyone's finances but depending on the agreements you have "collectors" can't demand full payment if the agreement outlines a payment plan. Most standard purchase agreements, interest or no, will not force you to pay in full unless you A. don't make the pre-arranged payment(s) on time or B. you fail to abide by some other covenant in the agreement.

Bottom line you can't (typically) be forced to pay anything in full unless you are behind or breached the contract.

What year were credit cards born? I'd say the year before that.
Credit cards were first used in 1950. But for years the only people who could get them were well off people of substantial means. I did not have a credit card until my late 30's because I did not qualify for one. Now they give them to any moron regardless of their ability to pay them off.

Are you saying that living with your means is no longer the norm? If true this country is doomed.
I assume your being sarcastic. While I agree with your premise that people over extend on things they can't really afford, I also have to assume you know full well this has become an all too common practice for many Americans. Read a book called "Wealth without risk" about 30 years ago. Haven't paid a dime in credit card interest payments since, and never will. Its pretty simple, never borrow on something today that you consume now and pay for it months later. A never ending cycle its damn near impossible to get out of. If you can't pay for that food or gas for your car by the end of the month, better not put it on credit. That and Always pay yourself First every month. Have something pulled from a PAC draft every month and put into a mutual fund, before you ever pay your bills. Just $100 a month ends up being ALOT of $$ after 30 years, believe me....

I saw an auto dealer ad this morning. No payments for 6 months and 0% for 84 months. WHAT A STEAL!!!!! That's how people end up in big debt. These slicksters make it so easy to do.
People never seem to get it. You Always end up paying for these deals. Maybe not now, but you'll pay for it 6 months later when the car is that much older and run down. Then you'll probably still owe more then you should when you end up replacing it. Its just like insurance deals. Any great deal they come up with, is designed for them to make $$, not you, or they wouldn't be coming up with it. ALWAYS, consider that first.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT