ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Regardless of what the true story is, his draft journey is going to fuel the Kirk blackballs players mythology.
This kind of thought process is ridiculous. Why even post such stuff unless you truly want to hate your own team that you cheer for? There is no reason for Kirk to ever blackball Nixon or to do that to any of his former players in general. Did you forget Golston went two rounds higher than anyone predicted last night....

This isn't the first time we fans have seen a player drop further than we expected. My hope for any Iowa player is for him to land with a good organization that will help him develop so he can secure his second contract. That is where the serious money is.

Reactions: kceasthawk
This kind of thought process is ridiculous. Why even post such stuff unless you truly want to hate your own team that you cheer for? There is no reason for Kirk to ever blackball Nixon or to do that to any of his former players in general. Did you forget Golston went two rounds higher than anyone predicted last night....
That is not what I am saying. I think he’s hugely talented like Desmond King. i Think the cancelled games impacted our draft eligible players badly. This also is not the year for DTs As teams focus on corners nickels and edge players to try and find solutions to the Mahomes and Lamar puzzle. I also like Golston a lot. Highly underrated, I had expected him off the board in the 3rd or 4th. I was just saying that people might start that stuff. That’s why I referred to it as a mythology.

Nixon left serious dollars on the table by not coming back. Wish him the best. Really wish he was going to be in middle for us this year.
Yeah, that didn't work out very well for him. I wish he was coming back this year too. Oh well, now he'll have to play his ass off to make the roster and work towards a potential big 2nd contract. I still think the Panthers got a steal by taking him in the mid 5th Rd.

Surprised Alaric Jackson is still available as we begin the 6th Rd.

Could be a chance for the Vikings to add depth with their final pick. (yes that's right, as shocking as that is to read, the Vikings don't have eight 7th Rd picks.....in fact they don't even have one. Just the one more in the 6th)

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
KC... Tampa... common nfl you need two Hawkeyes on your roster for the Super Bowl....
tenor.gif

The Sirius guys were higher on Chauncey. The early entrance by guys not likely to go in the first two rounds is really a gamble.

I try not to judge guys for leaving early. If the scouts and coaches don't think the player can improve significantly, then by all means go for it. Nixon seems to be the exception to that. He flashed spectacularly at times but there must be deficiencies we fans didn't see. It is likely his stock would have improved with a full year of work. I hope he makes a roster and has a good career.

Dez King would disagree. Next year the knock would be age. Might as well get a year off the rookie contract completed.
Dez King's situation was completely different. He already had film that established him as a technician and a student of the game. He was obviously a high-effort guy who played with great consistency. The knock on King was his raw measurables ... he wasn't considered terribly fast or athletic. Those are some of the sort of metrics that "wow" NFL executives.

Daviyon's situation is different ... between film and the praise from coaches ... it's well established that Daviyon is a bit of a freak in terms of speed and athleticism ... at least, when he applies himself.

Thus, the knock on Daviyon was his overall approach to the game, his discipline, and his consistency. Another year at Iowa would have given him an opportunity to demonstrate better discipline and consistency.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT