ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Talent on This Team

Eyeowahawks

HB Legend
Feb 16, 2003
In looking at our depth charts, I see what could be a staggering number of players who will at least get a shot in the NFL. I'm no expert, but I see NFL potential in all listed below. Looking at the list, I think all of them have a legitimate shot. The talent on this team is both deep and wide.

Desmond King - 1st round draft pick
Boone Myers - Drafted in 1st 3 rounds
Austin Blythe - Drafted in 1st 3 rounds
Jaleel Johnson - Drafted in 1st 3 rounds
George Kittle - Drafted in late rounds
Jake Duzey - Drafted in late rounds
Josey Jewell - Drafted in late rounds
Sean Welsh - Drafted in late rounds or F.A. signee
Cole Croston - Drafted in late rounds or F.A. signee
CJ Beathard - Drafted in late rounds or F.A. signee
Henry Krieger-Coble - Drafted in late rounds or F.A. signee
Drew Ott - Drafted in late rounds or F.A. signee
Greg Mabin - Drafted in late rounds or F.A. signee
Jordan Lomax - Drafted in late rounds or F.A. signee
Jordan Canzeri - F.A. signee
Leshun Daniels - F.A. signee
Akrum Wadley - F.A. signee
Tevaun Smith - F.A. signee
Matt Vandeberg - F.A. signee
Marshal Koehn - F.A. signee
Dillon Kidd - F.A. signee
Nate Meier - F.A. signee
Nathan Bazata - F.A. signee
Jordan Walsh - F.A. signee

Josey is All Big 10 as a sophmore. I am guessing he gets drafted before the 4th rd. I don't think King is a 1st rd pick. He isn't the typical size of a NFL CB, he is probably a nickleback and those aren't picked too early. Walsh will be drafted

Niemann is an absolute stud and will be drafted.

Duzey will probably not be drafted after his injury-riddled senior season. I expect HKC to surprise us in the draft. He has great hands and is a great blocker.

I figure Lomax will go higher, that kid makes plays.

Miles Taylor has good upside and is only a sophomore.

Niemann is an absolute stud and will be drafted.

Duzey will probably not be drafted after his injury-riddled senior season. I expect HKC to surprise us in the draft. He has great hands and is a great blocker.

I figure Lomax will go higher, that kid makes plays.

Miles Taylor has good upside and is only a sophomore.
Agree, said this back on August and people flipped....Neiman will be better than kirksey and hitchens, and I will say will start to get greenway comparisons

Reactions: ichawk24
I don't think King is a 1st rd pick, more like a late 2nd or 3rd rd pick. I know its not popular to state this and he's had a great season, but he's been burned on many occasions. He also doesn't play man much, most likely due to his lack of top end speed.

Reactions: And1Hawk
If King leaves this year I don't think he's a 1st round pick. If he comes back and improves again next year he will be drafted as high as somebody his position can be picked.

Josey Jewell will be the top linebacker picked if he sticks around for a couple more years. If next year is his last then he will likely be the first round.

This team probably has as much, if not more, NFL talent on it than the 2009 team. It's just a lot of it is very young for an Iowa team so they haven't had a chance to make a name for themselves yet.

Reactions: MadDogC
I don't see how Beathard is not talked about next year as one of the top few prospects in the draft as a QB. Other than the fact that he is at little old Iowa, which is a BS excuse for not being promoted, He has so many things going for him.

1. There aren't that many pro style offenses in college anymore.
2. He is an excellent athlete
3. He has as good of arm strength as any QB in the country. Certainly good enough to be a high draft
4. He has shown he is extremely tough
5. He is a play maker.
6. He is mature and responsible
7. He has shown to be a great leader
8. Having a grandfather as a former NFL GM doesn't hurt.

Negatives?

Accuracy might be the one knock. Consistent accuracy

Reactions: lonhawk
I don't see how Beathard is not talked about next year as one of the top few prospects in the draft as a QB. Other than the fact that he is at little old Iowa, which is a BS excuse for not being promoted, He has so many things going for him.

1. There aren't that many pro style offenses in college anymore.
2. He is an excellent athlete
3. He has as good of arm strength as any QB in the country. Certainly good enough to be a high draft
4. He has shown he is extremely tough
5. He is a play maker.
6. He is mature and responsible
7. He has shown to be a great leader
8. Having a grandfather as a former NFL GM doesn't hurt.

Negatives?

Accuracy might be the one knock. Consistent accuracy

My guess is because a lot of people aren't paying much attention to him. Not just because he is at Iowa, but there is basically zero chance that he jumps to the NFL after the season so the focus isn't on him as a prospect. Couple that with a lack of attention grabbing numbers (no 600 yard passing and 100 yard rushing days) there isn't much to talk about. The things that CJ has excelled at this year, leading the team and making plays when it matters the most, aren't something that show up very much in the score sheet. However, those are two things that make you an excellent candidate for the NFL. Assuming CJ even shows average progression next year you will hear his name thrown around. Most likely not the top qb in the draft (unless something amazing happens) but he could make the top 5 list.

Reactions: lonhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT