ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Nick Niemann recaps official visit

Apr 8, 2003
Caught up with Iowa commit Nick Niemann for an update on his official visit to Iowa City this weekend.

Q: How did the official visit go this weekend?

NIEMANN: My visit went well. I had fun getting to know some of the other kids and just spending time in Iowa City. The visit just got me even more excited to get there.

Q: Did Ben host you? What's the feeling like as you get ready to play college football with him at Iowa?

NIEMANN: Miles Taylor hosted me, but I was with Ben a lot too. It'll be awesome (to be teammates). It's an opportunity a lot of people don't have and it makes it even better that it's going to be at a school like Iowa.

Q: Leaving there today, what do you think it is about Iowa that makes it the right fit for you?

NIEMANN: It's such a family atmosphere there. You can tell everyone cares about each other and the coaches want what's best for me. They are all great teachers on top of that.

Q: What did the coaches say position wise?

NIEMANN: They still haven't decided. We agreed that we would just see what my body is like when I get there in June and make a decision.

Q: Is that linebacker or tight end?

NIEMANN: Defensive end has also been brought up.

Q: Where are you at right now height and weight wise?

NIEMANN: 6-4, 220.

Q: What do you have planned for signing day?

NIEMANN: On signing day, I'll just sign, send it in, and do all the media related things. Then, since my dad (Rutgers defensive coordinator Jay Niemann) is in New Jersey for signing day, we'll take all the pictures and stuff the day after.

Q: What will that day mean for you?

NIEMANN: It's an exciting day. My dream will turn into reality. The recruiting process is fun, but I'm ready for the next phase.

czsvyv3sh5zzi8mvng9r

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.