ADVERTISEMENT

Night Games This Year (at Kinnick)

WDMHawk72

HR MVP
Aug 14, 2016
Other than the terrible idea of 6:30 game against Nebby on Black Friday is it safe to assume Washington and that's it? Other than Wisconsin I believe the home games all set.

I'd be happy with every September game being at night, 50/50 in October, and every November game at Noon.
I’d be fine with it too, but people act like it’s usually -30 degrees in late November.

It will most likely be in the 30s. I can dress for that, and colder. I will almost certainly be more comfortable for that game than I will be if it’s 93 degrees for the Illinois State game.

Why? I hope every game at Kinnick is a night game for the rest of time. 🙂
i see what you did there GIF

(I agree)

11am kickoffs seem to be the least common, now that the timeslot is opposite Big Noon Saturday. 2:30/3:00 is where a lot of games end up.

So far we have six games with times: one at 11am, three at 2:30/3:00, and two at night.

I’d be fine with it too, but people act like it’s usually -30 degrees in late November.

It will most likely be in the 30s. I can dress for that, and colder. I will almost certainly be more comfortable for that game than I will be if it’s 93 degrees for the Illinois State game, unless of course it's a nice balmy late summer/early fall evening, which is always the best environment at Kinnick.
FIFY..

As I get older the night games get harder (live 1.5 hours away). I'm for a majority 2:30 P.M. starts. I love the night game atmosphere but more then 1 or 2 is to many. Also want these to be games of importance or big names.

11 A.M. starts get you home earlier but you have to get up really early to not be rushed for tailgating.

The around 2:30 is the best of both worlds. Not rushed in the morning plus not getting home really late.

It will most likely be in the 30s. I can dress for that, and colder. I will almost certainly be more comfortable for that game than I will be if it’s 93 degrees for the Illinois State game.
Yes, on average a mid to late Nov game has a 50% chance of being 40 degrees. It is easy to look up avg temps for a city.

Iowa City's avg high temp for Nov in 49 with Nov 1st being avg of 55 and Nov 30th being avg of 40. There have been two brutally cold games in Nov in Kinnick the last 10-12 years, the 2013 vs Mich and that 2017 or so game against Purdue. Otherwise they can be beautiful days for watching a football game.

Some of us live 3 hours or more away from Iowa City so night games are great but suck when you have that long drive home! And yes I know hotels are a option, but I dont like spending $200 a night!
And most hotels in most cities with big sporting events or other events MAKE you reserve a room for 2 days because they can.

The eclipse in ILL was that way also and the rates were jacked up not 100 but 200 %

Reactions: warriors dad
Some of us live 3 hours or more away from Iowa City so night games are great but suck when you have that long drive home! And yes I know hotels are an option, but I dont like spending $200 a night!
The Amercinn in Williamsburg is pretty cheap, even on game days. I like staying there for night games.

My wife can't believe one of the first things I do upon arriving home is watch the replay. Can't help myself.
Sunday morning tradition for me. Between that and watching BTN and espn college football hour replays of capping the days games. That is unless they lose and a quick delete. Lot of fast forwarding last year when offense had the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT