ADVERTISEMENT

No one cares

Walleye70

HB MVP
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
Come here after s few days and there are only a couple new posts. Sad sad sad

don't worry they are on the BB board melting down there, wait till the spring game to hear more chatter,

I rarely come here, because its 100% b1tching and crying. If there was anything of value here, I'd post.

Originally posted by brewhawk23:
Hard to care when basically nothing changes after a wildly disappointing season and getting crushed in the bowl game. Program is heading downhill and FAST

Posted from Rivals Mobile
...but...but...we have a run coordinator now!!!!

I care, but there is little to post about right now. The success of the program in 2015 depends on player development. We know who the incoming players are going to be. A few will play, but for the most part the success of the team for 2015 depends on the players who are already on campus.

In a month, there will be a spring prospectus to look at. It will be interesting to see at that point what position changes and weight gains have occurred. It will be interesting to see any changes in the two-deep since January. It will mostly trigger a new round of hand-wringing. Which I understand, but find to be awfully tiresome. The hand-wringing will be vigorously debated by Kilroy and Matt Foley, which I also find to be tiresome.

I will toss out my initial thoughts on keys for success in 2015:
1. C.J. Beathard. He needs to start, stay healthy and play well.
2. Left tackle. I believe Donnal at RT is replaceable. He was about at the same level as every other senior right tackle we have had. Good enough to be considered for the draft, but not dominant. I think that we will be okay there, whoever it ends up being. I would like to see Boettger win the job at left tackle. I think he has the athletic ability to be a great one. I don't know whether he will be great this year.
3. Jordan Canzeri and LeShun Daniels. They need to stay healthy and play well.
4. Defensive tackle--I like the measurables of the candidates. I think that D. Cooper and J. Johnson are the keys.
5. Linebacker--there is no debating that the LB play must be much better than last year.

Originally posted by ichawk24:
I rarely come here, because its 100% b1tching and crying. If there was anything of value here, I'd post.
Feel free to post all of the positives going on with the football program at the moment. Like that amazing 58th rated recruiting class. Or those great wins over no FBS teams with winning records. Or another decrease in ticket sales (hey, at least my seats in 138 will be spacious!).

Yeah, can't believe people are not glowing right now like they should be.

Yes, lots of apathy but why should the fans care when the coaches and administration doesn't???? The fact that there wasn't a change in special teams coaching prove they don't care at all. Barta thinks insisting on changes to Czar Kirk's program is micromanaging, but when special teams performance is that completely embarrassing and inexcusable, its just doing your job sir.

I think the staff cares a lot. I'm just not sure that they know what to do about it. Other teams have adjusted to what iowa did in 2002--2004. It seems we have not returned the favor.

There isn't much to talk about after witnessing this coaching staff butcher such an easy schedule by playing the wrong guys.

It's no fun coming on here anymore. All I end up doing is bitching and complaining. I know it sucks our team sucks but I don't want to bag on them everyday of my life.

SO are you b1tching or crying?

Originally posted by jdv77:

I care, but there is little to post about right now. The success of the program in 2015 depends on player development. We know who the incoming players are going to be. A few will play, but for the most part the success of the team for 2015 depends on the players who are already on campus.

In a month, there will be a spring prospectus to look at. It will be interesting to see at that point what position changes and weight gains have occurred. It will be interesting to see any changes in the two-deep since January. It will mostly trigger a new round of hand-wringing. Which I understand, but find to be awfully tiresome. The hand-wringing will be vigorously debated by Kilroy and Matt Foley, which I also find to be tiresome.

2. Left tackle. I believe Donnal at RT is replaceable. He was about at the same level as every other senior right tackle we have had. Good enough to be considered for the draft, but not dominant. I think that we will be okay there, whoever it ends up being. I would like to see Boettger win the job at left tackle. I think he has the athletic ability to be a great one. I don't know whether he will be great this year.
4. Defensive tackle--I like the measurables of the candidates. I think that D. Cooper and J. Johnson are the keys.
5. Linebacker--there is no debating that the LB play must be much better than last year.
I'll add a bit.

1. He also needs to be taught to play in a way that allows him to showcase his strengths, rather than be molded into a game manager.
2. Yup.
3. Indeed, and I'd like to see Wadley put on some weight and add to that.
4. As good as they may become, they simply won't be as good as LTP and Davis, at least not until the last 3rd of the season.
5. This could be even rougher than last year. Not only are the current listed starters suspect, this unit absolutely cannot afford injires.

1. On C.J., I think that he will always want to make the big play. That's what we saw 2 years ago, when he didn't check down at all. Last year, he was much better at throwing to the open receiver. He is going to need to check down, because his tackles are not going to be as good this year. It will be part of keeping him healthy.

3. On Wadley, I am in the camp that wonders how much of what we saw was Wadley's talent vs. the lack of talent on Purdue. I do hope that he gets some early touches this season and plays well. I just think that Canzeri and Daniels are more essential this year. Daniels probably even more than Canzeri, because Canzeri isn't going to be a 20 carry per game guy.

4. It is probably true that the DTs this year will not be as good as LTP and Carl Davis were this past year. But I think that we are better and deeper at DT than we were when Davis began starting two years ago. At that time, all we knew about Davis was that he was big. LTP had started one year on a bad line. We had no idea that they would be as good as they turned out to be. By recruiting rankings, DT is our most talented position (I am counting Ekakitie as a DT).

5. Anyone who doesn't have concern about the LB position isn't being honest with themselves. But I don't think that there is a lack of athletic ability at the position. I think it was a lack of strength and experience (for Bower, Jewell and Niemann). They will still be a bit undersized this year, in all likelihood. But there is no substitute for the game experience that they got. I agree that injuries would be devastating at this position.

So by your assessment Iowa needs to play better at multiple positions to win more games? Wow that's some great insight!
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by whatsup12579er:

So by your assessment Iowa needs to play better at multiple positions to win more games? Wow that's some great insight!
wink.r191677.gif
Doesn't every team need to play better at multiple positions to win more games? I have never met a coach or anyone say that 'all we need to do is play the same as we did last year and we'll win more games'! Wow, that's some failed attempt at an insult. Must be a member of the BSCI club.....
Good assesment, jdv77. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

wink.r191677.gif
Doesn't every team need to play better at multiple positions to win more games? I have never met a coach or anyone say that 'all we need to do is play the same as we did last year and we'll win more games'! Wow, that's some failed attempt at an insult. Must be a member of the BSCI club.....
Glad to see someone's panties are in a bunch today.

That is especially true in February.

Originally posted by soybean:
And because people call you on some of the garbage you post and don't want to come back and own it.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

And because people call you on some of the garbage you post and don't want to come back and own it.
wink.r191677.gif
You put out more 'garbage' than anyone on this site, and are the cryingest b*tch I've ever heard. Let's hear again for the 290th time about all the flaws in the Iowa program, you sniveling idiot.

What's so wrong with complaining? Hate to break it to some of you, but Iowa football had one of the most disappointing seasons this year. They did not beat a single team with a winning record and almost lost to the powerhouses Northern Iowa and Ball State. Add on top of that another below average recruiting class and there is not a single thing (outside of Scherff) about the season that anyone (fan, coach, or player) should be proud about.

Now basketball also appears to be heading down a similar path. Sure they had a few nice wins, but when it matters this team crapped their pants....also, how the hell do you lose to Northwestern? This team fell flat on their face last year and unless something changes they will rinse and repeat this year. If that's the case, they will not make the tournament and with the loss of White next year, I have little reason to believe they are going to get any better.

So are you saying we should all say Hurray for whatever Iowa does? If so, some of you have lost it and I guess don't understand the competitive nature of sports. Yes, people are going to bitch and they have every right to bitch. Iowa men's athletics, outside of wrestling, needs to get better as they suck at the moment.

This post was edited on 2/17 2:42 PM by InsaneHawk

This post was edited on 2/17 2:45 PM by InsaneHawk

Originally posted by InsaneHawk:
What's so wrong with complaining? Hate to break it to some of you, but Iowa football had one of the most disappointing seasons this year. They did not beat a single team with a winning record and almost lost to the powerhouses Northern Iowa and Ball State. Add on top of that another below average recruiting class and there is not a single thing (outside of Scherff) about the season that anyone (fan, coach, or player) should be proud about.

Now basketball also appears to be heading down a similar path. Sure they had a few nice wins, but when it matters this team crapped their pants....also, how the hell do you lose to Northwestern? This team fell flat on their face last year and unless something changes they will rinse and repeat this year. If that's the case, they will not make the tournament and with the loss of White next year, I have little reason to believe they are going to get any better.

So are you saying we should all say Hurray for whatever Iowa does? If so, some of you have lost it and I guess don't understand the competitive nature of sports. Yes, people are going to bitch and they have every right to bitch. Iowa men's athletics, outside of wrestling, needs to get better as they suck at the moment.

There's nothing wrong with complaining, but saying the same things over and over and over is nearly insane and actually against the rules of the site (like anyone, including me follow the rules). And the biggest complainers come on over and over and attack anyone who has something good or different to say.
We got ya the first ten times!!! We know how you feel. But don't come on and sh*t all over someone who says 'hurrah'.
I get attacked everytime I say something positive or try to explain things to people, and I think it is cowardly to bad mouth coaches and players behind their backs, and don't try to say that some do it....

wink.r191677.gif
You put out more 'garbage' than anyone on this site, and are the cryingest b*tch I've ever heard. Let's hear again for the 290th time about all the flaws in the Iowa program, you sniveling idiot.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by InsaneHawk:

There's nothing wrong with complaining, but saying the same things over and over and over is nearly insane and actually against the rules of the site (like anyone, including me follow the rules). And the biggest complainers come on over and over and attack anyone who has something good or different to say.
We got ya the first ten times!!! We know how you feel. But don't come on and sh*t all over someone who says 'hurrah'.
I get attacked everytime I say something positive or try to explain things to people, and I think it is cowardly to bad mouth coaches and players behind their backs, and don't try to say that some do it....
I see what you are saying and I might understand it coming from someone else, but let's be honest MattFoleyHawk......you have personally attacked a lot of people on here. Your attacks go way beyond what you claim others have done to you.

Originally posted by nck24:
I think the staff cares a lot. I'm just not sure that they know what to do about it. Other teams have adjusted to what iowa did in 2002--2004. It seems we have not returned the favor.
This. Anyone that says the staff doesn't care is just flat out an idiot. Sure they care, even more than the fans. I think Ferentz honestly just doesn't know how to right the ship. He feels the same system that has produced can still be effective. The margin for error is so small however. If we don't, wait for it.........EXECUTE, and turn our 2*'s into 4*'s we are S....O.......L!!!!

Feel free to post all of the positives going on with the football program at the moment. Like that amazing 58th rated recruiting class. Or those great wins over no FBS teams with winning records. Or another decrease in ticket sales (hey, at least my seats in 138 will be spacious!).

Yeah, can't believe people are not glowing right now like they should be.
Funny that you don't realize that you prove his point.

1. On C.J., I think that he will always want to make the big play. That's what we saw 2 years ago, when he didn't check down at all.
Wait, what?

Originally posted by hawkster03:
This. Anyone that says the staff doesn't care is just flat out an idiot. Sure they care, even more than the fans. I think Ferentz honestly just doesn't know how to right the ship. He feels the same system that has produced can still be effective. The margin for error is so small however. If we don't, wait for it.........EXECUTE, and turn our 2*'s into 4*'s we are S....O.......L!!!!
Problem is all the coaches in the big 10 from 02-04' aren't around anymore. Landscape has changed a lot in last 10 years in the league with new coaches, schemes/philosophies and expansion in the league and Iowa seems to be a step behind for whatever reason last 4-5 years and has shown up in our record overall and in conference.

Originally posted by iahawkeyes17:

Originally posted by hawkster03:

Problem is all the coaches in the big 10 from 02-04' aren't around anymore. Landscape has changed a lot in last 10 years in the league with new coaches, schemes/philosophies and expansion in the league and Iowa seems to be a step behind for whatever reason last 4-5 years and has shown up in our record overall and in conference.
I'm not trying to minimalise that there are areas where the program needs to improve, but I have never felt that 'the sky is falling'. 30 losses in the last 5 years is not up to anybody's standards or expectations, especially the coaches and players, but do you realize that 18 of those loses were by 7 points or less. It appears to me, they need to learn how to win close games more than anything. It really is a fine line sometimes. Plus, as I have said in other posts, Iowa suffered more attrition in this time than any other, forcing a lot of kids to play before they were 'developed. With the Rhabdo incident, injuries, and defections etc. we lost almost 3/4 of the 2008 recruiting class, and a large part of the 2009 recruiting class (especially RB's) and 5 of the highest rated players in the 2010 class (which was actually a good class on paper). Not making excuses, but you have to admit it impacts the 'quality' of the product on the field. The running game has not been good, but it wasn't from the lack good lines or of recruiting RB's The list of highly rated RB's that should have played the last couple years, but didn't 'pan' out is pretty staggering if you think about it: Hill, Garmon, Rogers, Wegher, Jewell, Coker, De'andre Johnson, McCall, etc. Do you not think are running game would have been better if at least a couple of these guys would have stuck around? There hasn't been anything wrong with our line play, but Weisman (no fault of his) should have never been on the field as a RB (a FB absolutely) but the cupboard was bare. Is all these kids leaving a fault in recruiting by the coaches? I don't know, but the only area of concern I have about recruiting is getting some quality RB's in the program that will STAY.
This post was edited on 2/19 3:16 PM by MattFoleyHawk

Originally posted by theIowaHawk:

1. On C.J., I think that he will always want to make the big play. That's what we saw 2 years ago, when he didn't check down at all.
Wait, what?

I was thinking of the Wisconsin game 2 years ago, when he came in for an injured Rudock and went something like 4 of 15 for 70 yards. Every pass was down field--I don't remember him checking anything down.

Originally posted by theIowaHawk:

Wait, what?

I was thinking of the Wisconsin game 2 years ago, when he came in for an injured Rudock and went something like 4 of 15 for 70 yards. Every pass was down field--I don't remember him checking anything down.
ok.

wink.r191677.gif
[/B]Doesn't every team need to play better at multiple positions to win more games?[/B] I have never met a coach or anyone say that 'all we need to do is play the same as we did last year and we'll win more games'! Wow, that's some failed attempt at an insult. Must be a member of the BSCI club.....
No

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT