ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant gets 2 year, $21,000,000 deal

Needs to be in a system where he can flourish like Kelce... never understood why Denver drafted him to block. But now we are seeing the Denver was full of clown moves

Surprised he stayed in Seattle. They did not use him at all over the last two seasons. Rarely targeted. He does have the occasional big drop but he’s a weapon when he gets targets (and catches).

Another reminder how lucky we are to have a new OC:

"IOWA CITY, Iowa – The way in which junior tight end Noah Fant is being used, or not being used on offense, is one of the strangest things I’ve seen in nearly 30 years of covering the Iowa football team.

One of the most physically gifted and established tight ends in the history of the Iowa program for some reason has been reduced to a role player.

It’s hard to even call the 6-foot-5, 241-pound Fant a decoy, because in order to be a decoy, a player has to be on the field.

There were many times during Saturday’s 14-10 loss to Northwestern at Kinnick Stadium when Fant wasn’t even on the field. He only played eight snaps in the second half and finished with one catch for zero yards and was targeted just three times in a game in which Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley attempted 41 passes.

Iowa faced a third-and-11 from the Northwestern 20 in the third quarter and chose to throw a fade to receiver Max Cooper, who barely stands six feet tall. Needless to say, the play didn't work.

Fant, despite having a 42-inch vertical jump and a knack for making touchdown catches, wasn't even on the field for that play.

That doesn't make sense if your goal is to always have the best players who give you best chance to win as it should be."

I have no idea how he got this contract. He really has not done much.

Me neither. I actually thought he was closer to being out of the league than getting a new deal. But Seattle did have three tight ends that all played well in bits and pieces, and Will Dissly signed with the Chargers so now Noah should get more snaps.

Needs to be in a system where he can flourish like Kelce... never understood why Denver drafted him to block. But now we are seeing the Denver was full of clown moves
It’s been pretty clear they are full of clown moves for awhile. The Russ trade/contract is just the peak

Reactions: CAhawki
Congrats to NF on his new deal. Lots of Hawks with multi million contracts being signed. Was hoping he’d make it the NF - L, Noah Fant League with his size and abilities we saw occasionally at Iowa.

I still recall Iowa would line him up on the left side of the line then put him in motion out to the left in a one on one situation near the goal line. Then Nate Stanley would never throw to him. They did it numerous times vs Wisky night game the Hawks lost on the punt return fumbles, Beyer hitting the ball with his foot and the returner getting it stripped. What could have been with those teams with Fant and TJ. We saw one game with them going off in 2017 and that was it. What a tease.

Last edited:
Surprised he stayed in Seattle. They did not use him at all over the last two seasons. Rarely targeted. He does have the occasional big drop but he’s a weapon when he gets targets (and catches).
The new HC for the Seattle was at Michigan just three years ago...he is a defensive guy but also comes from the Harbaughs' (plural) philosophy...they will throw to the TE

Reactions: BirdistheWord
And I thought he was the one Iowa TE who hasn't played to his potential. I guess this would probably be a mid-range contract for a starting TE.

Now blow up the next 2 years and get a huge deal!
$10 million per year for a tight end. That's a huge deal not too long ago. Gronk made $70 million over 11 years.

"IOWA CITY, Iowa – The way in which junior tight end Noah Fant is being used, or not being used on offense, is one of the strangest things I’ve seen in nearly 30 years of covering the Iowa football team.

One of the most physically gifted and established tight ends in the history of the Iowa program for some reason has been reduced to a role player.

It’s hard to even call the 6-foot-5, 241-pound Fant a decoy, because in order to be a decoy, a player has to be on the field.

There were many times during Saturday’s 14-10 loss to Northwestern at Kinnick Stadium when Fant wasn’t even on the field. He only played eight snaps in the second half and finished with one catch for zero yards and was targeted just three times in a game in which Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley attempted 41 passes.

Iowa faced a third-and-11 from the Northwestern 20 in the third quarter and chose to throw a fade to receiver Max Cooper, who barely stands six feet tall. Needless to say, the play didn't work.

Fant, despite having a 42-inch vertical jump and a knack for making touchdown catches, wasn't even on the field for that play.

That doesn't make sense if your goal is to always have the best players who give you best chance to win as it should be."
Brian Ferentz should have been fired in 2018 for playing Max Cooper over Noah Fant.

This was BF’s pettiness after Fant’s brother told a reporter he thought his brother was being underutilized. I recall being shocked at how petty that move was.

Last edited:
This was BF’s pettiness after Fant’s brother told a reporter he thought his brother was being underutilized. I recall being shocked at how petty that move was.
He showed it again by not wearing hawk gear after getting canned (for good reason) f bf

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT