ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Q: What all did you get to see at Iowa today?

FANT: We got to talk to a lot of the coaches, we got to see the weight room and the brand new facility that they have, and we got to watch the spring game. It was a lot of fun.

Q: What was your first impression of their new facility?

FANT: I liked it a lot. It was really, really nice.

Q: Which coaches did you get to talk with?

FANT: First, to start off the day, we had a meeting with Coach Ferentz. Then, after that, we talked to Coach LeVar Woods and Coach Reese Morgan.

Q: What was kind of their message to you today?

FANT: They made it clear that they really want me and said I’m a high priority for their program. They told me that I could play on either side of the ball for them, but they really think I could go far playing tight end.

Q: So are they leaning towards offense a little more than defense right now?

FANT: Yeah.

Q: Leaving there today, what are your overall thoughts on Iowa right now?

FANT: They’re definitely high on my radar. I didn’t really have a chance to visit right after they offered, but now that I’ve seen the campus and met the coaches, I’m really excited about it.

Q: How many offers are you up to right now?

FANT: Nine (Iowa, Nebraska, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Wyoming, Ohio, Buffalo, South Dakota State, and Liberty).

Q: Did you think you would have that many offers this early?

FANT: At the beginning, I didn’t think so, but a lot of my offers came in a really short span of time. I got like four offers in 24 hours. I wasn’t expecting them to come in that fast, but my coaches and my parents kept telling me they would come and they did. I wouldn’t say I was expecting to have that many, but I was expecting some so it was a relief to have those come in.

Q: Have you started narrowing things down at all at this point?

FANT: Yeah, I have. I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to a top four of Nebraska, Iowa, Vanderbilt, and Iowa State.

Q: Have you been able to visit all four of those schools?

FANT: I’ve visited Nebraska, Iowa State, and Iowa, and I have a Vanderbilt trip set up for May 9.

Q: Where do you see all of this heading as far as a decision?

FANT: I think I’ll decide by late May.

Q: What are looking for in a school when you go to decide?

FANT: I’m looking for a good academic program, somewhere I fit in really well with the program, and also a school that my family can get to pretty easily, and all of those schools have that. They’re not too far, but they’re not right down the street either.

Link: Noah Fant Profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News