ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Hutchins Stats 2017-2018

JerryDennard

HR MVP
Feb 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
From MaxPreps.com

In 28 games played for The Park School in Buffalo, NY, Noah Hutchins averaged 13.0 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 6.6 assists per game, 1.6 steals per game and 2.1 turnovers per game.

Noah shot 63 3pt FGs, and made 17, for a 27% 3pt FG %

Noah shot 92-142 from the FT line, or 65%.

Noah shot 111-171 as 2pt FGs, or 65% 2pt FG%.

Overall, Noah scored 365 points in 2017-2018.

By comparison, in just 19 games, DJ Carton averaged 23.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.63 steals pg, and 3.15 turnovers per game.

DJ shot 38-118 from 3pt range, or 32.2%

DJ shot 112-142 from the FT stripe, or 72.2%

DJ shot 111-185 for 2pt FGs, or 60%.

Overall, in just 19 games, DJ scored 448 points.

I have no idea how Iowa Class 4A boys basketball compares to the Park School / Catholic Boys Basketball League in Buffalo NY but that gives you an idea of the difference between a 5* and 3* prep. That said, I like Noah's game and he appears to be bouncier than DJ.

Reactions: CLARKCOURT
From MaxPreps.com

In 28 games played for The Park School in Buffalo, NY, Noah Hutchins averaged 13.0 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 6.6 assists per game, 1.6 steals per game and 2.1 turnovers per game.

By comparison, in just 19 games, DJ Carton averaged 23.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.63 steals pg, and 3.15 turnovers per game.

I have no idea how Iowa Class 4A boys basketball compares to the Park School / Catholic Boys Basketball League in Buffalo NY but that gives you an idea of the difference between a 5* and 3* prep. That said, I like Noah's game and he appears to be bouncier than DJ.

DJ seriously had an Assist to TO ratio less than 1?!? No way could a 5-star have that low of a stat, for a PG! Although, That would explain why Zero blue bloods have been calling. But how could one make a 5-star rating as a PG with that?
Those stats have to be incorrect...???

DJ seriously had an Assist to TO ratio less than 1?!? No way could a 5-star have that low of a stat, for a PG! Although, That would explain why Zero blue bloods have been calling. But how could one make a 5-star rating as a PG with that?

To get an assist you actually need someone to convert your pass into a basket. Not sure of DJ’s teammates, but the experts say he’s 5* so he must have superior skills.

In watching D.J. play vs. Muscatine last winter I did not see a 5 star PG. I saw a good atheletic guard that could get to the rim and finish, but he didn't seem confident in his jumpshot, didn't really create for others, was out of control at times and he didn't look close to the polished prospect that JW was being a year older. But that's the thing about D.J., he's a worker and striving to be better. His performance in AAU this spring and USA basketball this summer vaulted him to 5 star status. Will be interesting to see how that translates to how he leads his Bulldog team this winter. Sometimes evaluating players in the summer can provide fools gold. They can look good going one on one, but against a team defense that's scouted you not so much. That's the thing that impressed me the most about Joe Weiskamp, he did it night in and night out going against junk defenses, double and tripple teams.

I don't know the level of competition, but I would weigh more heavily how well he did with/against high-level players. That is probably a better predictor of college performance.

I don't know the level of competition, but I would weigh more heavily how well he did with/against high-level players. That is probably a better predictor of college performance.

That is tough to say. Outside of the Barnstormers and a couple of others, none of these AAU teams played defense. That was what made the Barnstormers win so much. They played as a team. For which there is no 'I'.

To get an assist you actually need someone to convert your pass into a basket. Not sure of DJ’s teammates, but the experts say he’s 5* so he must have superior skills.

Good point. I heard they were young. They obviously did not do well. Hopefully DJ has some players around him this year. Unlike all of Joe's high school career.

From MaxPreps.com

Nice stat line by Noah.

It will be interesting to see who Fran can pick up. We are behind the curve, it seems. But I imagine that they have been working a few PG/CG for months.

Ok, took me 5 minutes to find out the team is stacked with offensive talent and Noah does not start despite leading the team in assists.
His teammate is averaging 64% 2pt and 56% 3pt shots my guess is he is the scorer on the team and Noah is the playmaker.

Gotta say I really like both Gordon and Hutchins. For plan B recruits, they look to have tremendous ceilings and very good floors. Pleased that they are options.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT