ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Hawk fans hanging out on HR

WF89

Team MVP
Jan 23, 2018
I’m not a fan of the Hawkeyes, lifelong Gopher fan and supporter and season ticket holder for SDSU.

I enjoy reading discussions and occasionally posting on HR because most Iowa fans here are knowledgeable and show great support for their team and individual wrestlers. Also there is more wrestling discussion here than anywhere else on the internet.

Anyway, just curious of other non-Iowa fans who enjoy reading and posting here.

Good luck to the Hawkeyes for the rest of the season and I’m looking forward to (hopefully) a good dual on Jan 13th.

HR is the best board by far, the volume and knowledge are unparalleled. Fans of other teams who love wrestling come here for perspective and info. Of course a little jaded with black and gold shades.

I’m not a fan of the Hawkeyes, lifelong Gopher fan and supporter and season ticket holder for SDSU.

I enjoy reading discussions and occasionally posting on HR because most Iowa fans here are knowledgeable and show great support for their team and individual wrestlers. Also there is more wrestling discussion here than anywhere else on the internet.

Good luck to the Hawkeyes for the rest of the season and I’m looking forward to (hopefully) a good dual on Jan 13th.
and season ticket holder for SDSU.

HUGE Damian Hahn fan here. Probabaly seen him at 50% of his high school matches as back in the day I followed a lot of HS wrestling in NJ. Probably the best NJ wrestler I’ve ever witnessed, so dominant. Nice guy too as I used to support him back in the day with many of his over seas tournies. I think you got a great one

HUGE Damian Hahn fan here. Probabaly seen him at 50% of his high school matches as back in the day I followed a lot of HS wrestling in NJ. Probably the best NJ wrestler I’ve ever witnessed, so dominant. Nice guy too as I used to support him back in the day with many of his over seas tournies. I think you got a great one

As you can imagine, I am very happy that Damion is in Brookings.

This is the only place to be for college wrestling! You just have to ‘ hate the crap out of PSU” like the rest of us on here! Sure, I like watching Bo Nickel, but I would rather see him get headlocked and spladled! Just kidding. I’m glad the Hawkeyes let me chat on here! I’m a fan of all college wrestling. Sure, I like Northwestern, but I would be a bigger fan if they stopped redshirting studs like Micic, Davison,Jesson, etc. Walk the walk like Spencer Lee did last year! Especially pinning NATO! And you got my back. This is the fun time of the year! Big Ten season. Most of the top Big Ten wrestlers are like Michael Jordan, in that they “ play for the love of the game”! Great sport. Let’s Get This Party Started!

Pa. coach and former wrestler, I am only a fan of wrestling not of any particular school or university. I always like Iowa style of grind and battled with a few Nat champs of yours. I started to read this board because family friend of Dziewa, I just never left. Ps. Loved me some Clark. Good luck in March.

Your second paragraph is exactly why I read and post here? 90% of posters here are pleasant and knowledgeable. I like variety and am always mindful that I'm a guest.

I try to take the same approach but every once in a while I say something dumb and try to make up for it by posting gifs like this:
DKhAaem.gif

I try to take the same approach but every once in a while I say something dumb and try to make up for it by posting gifs like this:
DKhAaem.gif
Your second paragraph is exactly why I read and post here? 90% of posters here are pleasant and knowledgeable. I like variety and am always mindful that I'm a guest.

I agree with the second paragraph. PSU fan that lives in northeast Iowa. I talk to a lot of Hawk fans up here about wrestling. This board keeps me up to date with the Hawkeye wrestling. With a tradition like the Hawkeyes have it hard to ignore.
I lurk here occasionally but rarely post. Most of our fans come to discuss wrestling but a few come to gloat. The latter only serve to make Hawk fans hate us.

;););)

Last edited:
Rutgers fan here. Just love wrestling and a place I can talk and read about it. The homerism and chicken little guys grew on me, the internal guessing game of which post turns a thread into a shit show is fun, and knowing if I watch any wrestling event, someone here is willing to talk about it keeps me interested.

Some trolls come around and troll for a while and then they become what they despise, part of the cesspool. Then they just become your average poster and start to contribute and hang around.

Reactions: pmow38
I'm starting to think BWI is mirroring their wrestling team and quickly becoming the best on the net. Go have a look at that place. They have members that run a couple interesting season long contests, one member there keeps a rather sweet eligibility spreadsheet, they've pinned a thread for easy access to where one can find where their matches are being streamed, another that logs the results of their recruits and I must say those guys who did the season previews were impressive. Not only that, they seem to be interested in talking about every team out there and don't get easily offended when opposing fans give their take on things. Lastly, they don't seem to have a problem discussing what's going on with the greatest program on the face of this earth, the Iowa Hawkeyes. Heck, we try our best to run off the PSU folks at the same time they seem to enjoy engaging the Hawk fans that post there.

I'm starting to think BWI is mirroring their wrestling team and quickly becoming the best on the net. Go have a look at that place. They have members that run a couple interesting season long contests, one member there keeps a rather sweet eligibility spreadsheet, they've pinned a thread for easy access to where one can find where their matches are being streamed, another that logs the results of their recruits and I must say those guys who did the season previews were impressive. Not only that, they seem to be interested in talking about every team out there and don't get easily offended when opposing fans give their take on things. Lastly, they don't seem to have a problem discussing what's going on with the greatest program on the face of this earth, the Iowa Hawkeyes. Heck, we try our best to run off the PSU folks at the same time they seem to enjoy engaging the Hawk fans that post there.

Lol you can't be serious. There is a reason BWI is almost entirely PSU fans besides WildTurk

Reactions: WF89
whiny? I could think of a lot of things to describe the situation with him, but whiny doesnt seem to fit.

Try again?

My bad, thought it was you, but it was El-Jefe that gave him that label after Spencer’s loss to DeSanto.

Reactions: MSeil
Lol you can't be serious. There is a reason BWI is almost entirely PSU fans besides WildTurk
I take it you don't post over there. I don't either but they've got awesome content and some great wrestling minds. I make it a daily read. Btw, in this short thread, I recognize at least 4 names that I've seen posting over there. None of them are PSU fans and none of them are named Turk.

Last edited:
I take it you don't post over there. I don't either but they've got awesome content and some great wrestling minds. I make it a daily read.

I like reading the board for updates, not so much though when I get called a sack of shit for being an Iowa fan.

I take it you don't post over there. I don't either but they've got awesome content and some great wrestling minds. I make it a daily read. Btw, in this short thread, I recognize at least 4 names that I've seen posting over there. None of them are PSU fans and none of them are named Turk.

You’re pretty good at this, I’ll give you that. Just don’t get banned again, good luck to you.

Minnesota fan. I don’t get around to forums as frequent as I used to due to a new job. Plus I try to not engage in as much back and forth as I have in the past.

I enjoy the volume of traffic this forum gets and does have a wide variety of topics discussed. Like any forum, you encounter some unpleasantries. It isn’t easy hearing those differing opinions at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT