ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea media said Trump agreed to lift sanctions.

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
SINGAPORE — North Korea’s official media described the unprecedented summit in Singapore between President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un as a "historic" success for the North Korean leader, underscoring the meeting's propaganda value for a regime long isolated from the international community.

The North’s state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) called Tuesday's summit an "epoch-making meeting much awaited by the whole world." KCNA highlighted the concessions it said Trump made to Kim, including the claim that the president agreed to lift sanctions on Pyongyang as relations between the countries improved.

Trump said the sanctions "will come off when we are sure that the nukes are no longer a factor," referring to Washington's insistence that North Korea abandon its nuclear weapons program. Trump said he would like to lift economic sanctions in return for Pyongyang denuclearizing, but said that there were no immediate plans to do so.

The joint declaration signed by both leaders at the summit was also light on specific details of any policy changes. The KCNA report released Wednesday noted that Trump "expressed his intention to halt the U.S.-South Korea joint military exercises, which Pyongyang regards as provocation," and would "offer security guarantees to the DPRK," referring to North Korea by its official name, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, or DPRK.

But the military drills were not mentioned in the joint declaration. Trump announced that the U.S. would be ending the exercises during his press conference.

"We will be stopping the war games, which will save us a tremendous amount of money, unless and until we see the future negotiation is not going along like it should," he said.

The announcement caught many by surprise, including the leadership of the U.S. military stationed in South Korea. A military spokeswoman in Seoul, Lt. Col. Jennifer Lovett, said in a statement that U.S. Forces Korea command "has received no updated guidance on execution or cessation of training exercises."

About 30,000 U.S. soldiers, sailors, Marines and Air Force members are stationed in South Korea where they regularly participate in live-fire drills.https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-making-trump-kim-singapore-summit/697144002/

Reactions: cigaretteman
Ladies and gentlemen, your triggered left is now resorting to discussing what the NORTH KOREAN "media" is saying. If they're not the epitome of fake news, I don't want to know what fake news is.
Trump said the sanctions "will come off when we are sure that the nukes are no longer a factor," referring to Washington's insistence that North Korea abandon its nuclear weapons program.
Didn't Trump already declare that "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea"? Or was it the NORTH KOREAN "media" that said that? Is it true or "fake news"?

It's very confusing so I'm glad you're here to help. Could you try to respond on point?

It's very confusing so I'm glad you're here to help. Could you try to respond on point?

So very sad... why can't you just say "you know what, he's right, why in the F are we talking about the NORTH KOREAN media?"

Nope, can't do that. MUST. ARGUE. POLITICS.

Here is the video North Korea showed its people. A part I may have missed was in there, Trump salutes a NK General.

This is unbelievable.

The outrage. Clearly neither man knew what protocol was there. I'd make a huge deal out of this if I were a D. This is the stuff the people in the center need you to tell them about.

Reactions: Mattski
LOL...Trump could pour a glass of water right in front of you and tell you it was a cure for cancer (a far more likely scenario). You'd hand over your money in a split second...and swallow.

Nope don’t donate to any party. Both dems and repubs are being cultists right now. I am an independent voter who thinks trump is doing a good job so far.

Pretty sure trump could cure cancer and the left would argue against it and probably not use it. They are so far gone it’s hilarious.

And I'm pretty sure that if Trump knocked on your front door it would go something like this:

kvuNOIo.gif

This is some rich karma. The king of fake news is getting the tables turned.
This is my take, too. If I’m Kim I’m jumping at the opportunity to “deal” with someone for whom truth and reality are entirely abstract and, well, pliable. It’s a propagandist dictator’s dream scenario.

It’s like being offered the opportunity to woo and wow a world leader with tic tac toe.

Last edited:
This is my take, too. If I’m Kim I’m jumping at the opportunity to “deal” with someone for whom truth and reality are entirely abstract and, well, pliable.

It’s like being offered the opportunity to woo and wow a world leader with tic tac toe.
Maybe that’s the secret sauce? Perhaps being so alike they will work something out. Or if not, Trump will have his wag the dog target for 2020.

It has all the accuracy of what the White House media machine says, so there's that.

Plenty fair - so then let's make a little deal here... when I resort to quoting the (whatever it is) "White House media machine" you can make as much fun of me as you want?

Nope don’t donate to any party. Both dems and repubs are being cultists right now. I am an independent voter who thinks trump is doing a good job so far.
LOL...this has nothing to do with parties. This has everything to do with being a Trump-true-believer. No one who was truly independent would buy a word he says at this point. Only an idiot would claim he was "doing a good job".

Because we gave them the opportunity to propagandize at our expense. Gift-wrapped. Why can't you just say that?

I get that you're pissed because this MIGHT turn into something and, dammit, that sucks for your political goals. That is completely transparent. By the same token, I am hopeful that it will turn into something, but admittedly I'm skeptical. Worst case, Kim doesn't follow through and we move on.

Speaking of, and as to whatever silly claim you think you're making, Trump and the US can revoke any offer at any time if North Korea isn't following their part of the agreement. Do you disagree with that premise?

Do you believe that Trump and Kim "winged it" and the only discussions between the two countries occurred during the actual face to face summit?

I get that you're pissed because this MIGHT turn into something and, dammit, that sucks for your political goals. That is completely transparent. By the same token, I am hopeful that it will turn into something, but admittedly I'm skeptical. Worst case, Kim doesn't follow through and we move on.

Speaking of, and as to whatever silly claim you think you're making, Trump and the US can revoke any offer at any time if North Korea isn't following their part of the agreement. Do you disagree with that premise?

Do you believe that Trump and Kim "winged it" and the only discussions between the two countries occurred during the actual face to face summit?
LOL...you don't give someone like Kim this kind of opportunity without lots of backroom negotiating IN ADVANCE to make sure you have something concrete to announce at the end. YES...Trump "winged it". That should be obvious to anyone not on their knees. That's how you get an announcement that we are terminating joint exercises without informing our allies or our OWN military. What NK is doing was 100% predictable and, in fact, predicted. And they have Trump telling the world they are no longer a nuclear threat when they haven't made the slightest change in their nuclear program or stockpile. NK can't follow "their part of the agreement". There. Is. No. Agreement. Period.

Just out of curiosity, do you think Reagan went to Reykjavik on a whim?

NK can't follow "their part of the agreement". There. Is. No. Agreement. Period.

There might not be, and I already said I'm skeptical.

Should there end up being no agreement, it is not on Trump. He tried. Maybe he followed a strange process. Maybe he didn't go with the normal protocols. Maybe he did? I don't know. I do know that reasonable people will say that the United States tried.

Why this pisses you off so much is entirely related to your politics and your incredible hatred of Trump. It turns people away from whatever positive message you might ever have, but for all I care, keep it up!

Reactions: Chillyhoff
It’s a damn shame Trump didn’t have the presence of mind to slide his chair over a few inches and use his “I Are Serious Cat” face for the photos. That would have thwarted any North Korean efforts to exploit the situation for propaganda purposes.

Plenty fair - so then let's make a little deal here... when I resort to quoting the (whatever it is) "White House media machine" you can make as much fun of me as you want?

I don't care. I wasn't really trying to poke at you, just saying that you can't trust anything being said about this thing from either side's media.

Should there end up being no agreement, it is not on Trump. He tried. Maybe he followed a strange process. Maybe he didn't go with the normal protocols. Maybe he did? I don't know. I do know that reasonable people will say that the United States tried.

Why this pisses you off so much is entirely related to your politics and your incredible hatred of Trump. It turns people away from whatever positive message you might ever have, but for all I care, keep it up!
More lol...there "might not be" an agreement? There is no agreement. Period. Could there be one in the future? Perhaps. Could Trump turn out to be something other than a complete scumbag? Perhaps - though less likely.

The "normal protocols" exist to prevent EXACTLY what's happening. And the United States has been "trying" for decades...that you think otherwise indicates that you shouldn't even be discussing the topic. He's disparaging our closest allies while heaping praise on a dictator responsible for killing hundreds of thousands of his own people and who has hundreds of political opponents locked up in brutal labor camps.

Bret Baier: “You know you call people sometimes killers; he is a killer. He’s clearly executing people.”

Trump: “He’s a tough guy. Hey, when you take over a country, tough country, with tough people, and you take it over from your father, I don’t care who you are, what you are, how much of an advantage you have. If you can do that at 27 years old, I mean that’s one in 10,000 that could do that. So he’s a very smart guy. He’s a great negotiator. But I think we understand each other.”

Baier: “But he’s still done some really bad things.”

Trump: “Yeah, but so have a lot of other people done some really bad things. I mean, I could go through a lot of nations where a lot of bad things were done.”

There are good people on both sides? Defend that. The guy who publicly called the the PM of one of our longest, closest allies "very dishonest and weak" turns around and downplays the actions of a brutal dictator responsible for the deaths and imprisonment of millions of his own people. I guess that's your version of "a strange process". That you can swallow that without so much as a hiccup is a very clear indication that it's YOU blinded by your political affiliation. SMH

Apparently Trump should publicly blast KJU as that will help to get KJU to do what he wants. That would work.

Here's the deal - you want to bitch. No matter what. You just want to bitch.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez

Am I living in make-believe land? He tried? He didn't do shit except stroke his ego and made empty promises in order to satiate his followers. Let's go back to Obama for a second. Why does he get no credit for his actual Iran deal? He did more than try. He got a deal signed. Why does he get no credit? I swear this isn't reality.

The outrage. Clearly neither man knew what protocol was there. I'd make a huge deal out of this if I were a D. This is the stuff the people in the center need you to tell them about.
I hate Trump and everything he stands for but he had no other choice but to return the salute.

Apparently Trump should publicly blast KJU as that will help to get KJU to do what he wants. That would work.

Here's the deal - you want to bitch. No matter what. You just want to bitch.
He publicly blasted Trudeau in an attempt to get what he wants. But that works for you, I suppose. It certainly doesn't bother you nearly as much as blasting a brutal dictator would.

He publicly blasted Trudeau in an attempt to get what he wants. But that works for you, I suppose. It certainly doesn't bother you nearly as much as blasting a brutal dictator would.

He probably shouldn't have done that.

Why are you so unhinged anyway?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT