ADVERTISEMENT

Northwest Missouri State

So also be careful what you wish for. Kim Anderson, loyal Missouri Tiger won a D2 championship at Central Missouri State and then plummeted off a cliff at Mizzou as he couldn’t get any talent. Not saying the same thing would happen but you need a recruiter.
No doubt, Anderson was in over his head at Mizzou.....

A couple of years ago there was a D2 guy who was player of the year in the Heartland Conference in Texas. His last year he walked on to University of Houston. He only got off the bench in blowouts. The talent difference was obvious unfortunately. I used to travel with some friends who were officiating D2 and NAIA games. While interesting no way these teams could compete consistently with D1 teams. I went to a couple of D3 womens games this year in Houston at one school. I officiated better HS games in Houston. The coach had no assistant. I went mostly to watch the officials who I knew

A couple of years ago there was a D2 guy who was player of the year in the Heartland Conference in Texas. His last year he walked on to University of Houston. He only got off the bench in blowouts. The talent difference was obvious unfortunately. I used to travel with some friends who were officiating D2 and NAIA games. While interesting no way these teams could compete consistently with D1 teams. I went to a couple of D3 womens games this year in Houston at one school. I officiated better HS games in Houston. The coach had no assistant. I went mostly to watch the officials who I knew
Well a D2 conference player of the year trying to break into a high level D1 program isn’t a very good example.

Ryan Hawkins went from all conference D2 player to Creighton and obtained all conference his first year with Creighton.

Well a D2 conference player of the year trying to break into a high level D1 program isn’t a very good example.

Ryan Hawkins went from all conference D2 player to Creighton and obtained all conference his first year with Creighton.

Hawkins was very impressive and would have been a great fit at Iowa. Does everything well and very rarely makes a bad play that hurts his team.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT