ADVERTISEMENT

Not Impressed

Originally posted by baldwinzag:
I love White. He'll get his, yet if Woodbury & White & Co. can hit those off-balance contested head down shots time after time, then yes, Iowa deserves to win & then some. If you know bball, you'll realize he isn't "schooling" anyone yet just making tough shot 'around' guys much taller. Color me impressed.

Better than Brandon Ashley, Taskewski, & Hollis Jefferson did vs us COMBINED!
SUPER DOUCHER!

Originally posted by herkyhawkeye76:
Iowa beat this ndsu team by 31. Zags are shooting 52% from the field. Obviously different situations but Iowa can match the zags length and is much quicker. This could be a very nice matchup for Iowa. Iowa plays like they did tonight and they beat the zags
Agreed Herky. We beat NDSU badly earlier in the season when we weren't playing nearly as well as we are now. One place where we are longer than the Zags is at SF, where they don't have a 6'9"SF to guard Uthoff. I look for him to have a better game Sunday. Gonzaga appears to be physical, but not MSU physical (BTW, MSU v UVa could be a bloodbath). Their guards are athletic, but none has Yogi Ferrell quickness. If we play a good game, this one is within our grasp. We won't have as much time to prepare for Gonzaga as we did for Davidson, but then, the Zags will be in the same boat. Are we past the roller-coaster play of the regular season? Tune in Sunday to find out.

Originally posted by CP84 2.0:
It's not just NDSU hitting 3s. That chubby short post player is killing your bigs with post moves. White should have a field day Sunday.

This post was edited on 3/20 10:58 PM by CP84 2.0
The "chubby guy" (Werner?) was having success off the dribble at the 5 spot. Attacking off the dribble is not in Woody or Olaseni's game.

White will be guarded by Wiltjer.

We seem to struggle against bulkier post players, Gonzaga's center is a tank. We will not have a size advantage on Sunday, so rebounding will be key, Hawks need to guard the perimeter because the Zags can light it up from three point range

This one goes down to the wire, hope Hawks can come out on top.

Originally posted by GunnerHawk:

We seem to struggle against bulkier post players, Gonzaga's center is a tank. We will not have a size advantage on Sunday, so rebounding will be key, Hawks need to guard the perimeter because the Zags can light it up from three point range

This one goes down to the wire, hope Hawks can come out on top.
I just hope this version of Peter Jok returns for Sunday's game.

Originally posted by rainydayhawk:

Originally posted by CP84 2.0:
It's not just NDSU hitting 3s. That chubby short post player is killing your bigs with post moves. White should have a field day Sunday.

This post was edited on 3/20 10:58 PM by CP84 2.0
The "chubby guy" (Werner?) was having success off the dribble at the 5 spot. Attacking off the dribble is not in Woody or Olaseni's game.

White will be guarded by Wiltjer.
He was backing his way down into to the post and making back to the basket moves.

thats not the same as attacking off the dribble at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT