ADVERTISEMENT

Not really OT: Ryan Day Interview on Cowherd

whatsup13579er

HB Legend
Oct 13, 2015
A couple takeaways. He mentioned that CJ Stroud, their ultra talented QB, really struggled early last season because he had never had the chance to play college football before. He never had the experience and it showed. He really improved as the season went along. This is very similar to what we saw from Petras in 2020. No real experience and didn't have winter workouts or spring ball so he struggled out of the gate. He was a much different QB the last 4 games of 2020 than the first 4. This is why I still have hope that he can be a capable QB in 2022 if he is healthy and the OL can be more consistent.

Another thing that he was hammering on, and I've noticed this message on Twitter too, is that they appear to be all in on the development recruiting pitch. I don't follow tOSU recruiting closely but I think Jacobs noted Iowa's development as one of his reasons for choosing/sticking with Iowa over tOSU. It appears tOSU is trying to overcome the stigma that they are good because they get all the 4-5 star recruits they want. I found that interesting. Iowa has long depended on developing 3 star regional recruits into NFL players. Will that pitch work on the recruits that tOSU recruits?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News