ADVERTISEMENT

Not to sound like a meatball but

losangeleshawkeye

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2014
Mission Viejo , California
How can anyone judge this performance? Seriously looked like flag football...a lot of plays develop or continue to develop after the ball is caught or the runner is still moving his hips and feet forward such as missed tackles etc.. I for one wouldn't get too uptight with this performance it's more for the kids today remember as Tom commented on and sure there's going to be a ton of sloppiness going on as the offense is easily always behind the defense unless we are talking about the 2002 Iowa Hawkeyes? I think these next few weeks or so the coaching will have this team beating on more cylinders than we saw today. Who really cares what Dinardo thinks to be honest he's a great guy and yes I have met him more than on one occasion.. He knows his X's and O's - as far as coaching that maybe another thing but as a analyst he does a terrific job I for one like him as for his comments/observations after seeing Iowa a few hours? I think like any of us it would take more time to diagnose a team as we all know bad days happen..

On the flip side what happens if Iowa's offense scored on every down on our defense? Panic? I for one would rather have a very good defense than a great offense - look at some of the recent "great" teams all have had stout defenses and one comes to mind and my pick for the BTT..is Michigan State.. Do they have an awesome offense? Or have they in the past? I don't recall but I do when it comes to their defense and damn they're going to be super once again this year. I would hold the panic button until after a few games or even the first game of Iowa doesn't come out steaming and ready to roll I would be shocked... I do think the ole coach has another run left in him and if he can take the Hawks to the glory land I think he will silence a ton of critics - and by glory land I mean a showing in the Big Ten Title game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News