ADVERTISEMENT

NOW Lindsey Graham

Hasn’t he been talking about this all along? Why is this different than last year when he said it?

They will undoubtedly blame Obama and Biden for the tax cuts AND deficit of the last 4 years, the rank and file will believe them and both Dems and the MSM will do a crap job of pointing out the truth of it.

First, repeal Trump tax cuts. Second, Repeal Bush Tax cuts.

I won't hold my breath though.

You know the GOP, assuming they keep the Senate, will never do that. Taxes are the only thing the GOP currently has. The literally have nothing else to offer that they will or can follow through on. Everything else they have is only a talking point to draw supporters.

As laughable as it is that Lindsey now all of a sudden cares about the debt, I'm not opposed to some bipartisan talks on reducing it. As nice as it sounds, I'm sure it will just end in finger pointing and the same old divide we've seen in Washington for years.

Look at the faux outrage. I'd bet none of you whined about the debt Obama racked up.

I'd be willing to be the first targets will be SS and Medicare.
I’ve always thought they will have to slowly scale back both programs on the benefits side and raise fica taxes . They’ll never fully get rid of said programs but they could be a scaled back version of what they are today.

Speaking of DT Barnum’s tax cuts ... who here on HROT is scheduled to see their tax rates increase this year? The DT Barnum tax legislation called for increased tax rates on a yearly basis starting in 2021.

Reactions: Torg
Speaking of DT Barnum’s tax cuts ... who here on HROT is scheduled to see their tax rates increase this year? The DT Barnum tax legislation called for increased tax rates on a yearly basis starting in 2021.
???
Besides the inflation adjustments i didn’t know of any increase/s.
Can you clarify.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
Yeah, thank God the debt never increased when democrats were in charge. GFY.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Tom Paris
Just curious, how is Lindsey now seen by the McCain family? His constant suctioning up to Trump's posterior must certainly be causing some consternation among the McCains.

Reactions: TheCainer
I’ve always thought they will have to slowly scale back both programs on the benefits side and raise fica taxes . They’ll never fully get rid of said programs but they could be a scaled back version of what they are today.
Scaled back to the point that those wanting to retire, can’t? Raise income taxes if need be but leave SS alone and cut the budget elsewhere. Maybe start with salaries and benefits of Congress.

They will undoubtedly blame Obama and Biden for the tax cuts AND deficit of the last 4 years, the rank and file will believe them and both Dems and the MSM will do a crap job of pointing out the truth of it.
I believe that the Trump tax cuts for those making less than $70K expire on January 1st, so those people's taxes will go up after the first of the year.

I fully expect the GOP to blame Biden.

GOP, "We told you so! We told you Biden would raise your taxes!" :rolleyes:

smh

Anything to obstruct the Dems. You guys don’t get to spend 4 years in the resistance and then expect everyone to sing kumbaya.

There were two years where the GOP owned all of government and all they could manage to do was create tax cuts that blew a trillion dollar hole in the budget and confirm a bunch of unqualified judges. Don't blame Democrats for Republicans literally having no platform other than do what Donald Trump says.

There were two years where the GOP owned all of government and all they could manage to do was create tax cuts that blew a trillion dollar hole in the budget and confirm a bunch of unqualified judges. Don't blame Democrats for Republicans literally having no platform other than do what Donald Trump says.

It was like when Dems had it for two years and didn’t do shit about immigration. Then it became the most important issue on earth the day after the 2014 election.

I'm not a corporation so I guess that means me. Although, if it weren't for having kids I don't think I would have saved any money at all with Trump's tax cuts. I'd rather just have not blown a trillion dollar hole in the budget.

Scaled back to the point that those wanting to retire, can’t? Raise income taxes if need be but leave SS alone and cut the budget elsewhere. Maybe start with salaries and benefits of Congress.

Or stop voting for the people that constantly want to balance the budget on the backs of social security and medicare.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT