ADVERTISEMENT

Numbers…….population of Iowa

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Bored and curious today so I ran some population numbers comparing Iowa and the United States population growth since 1940…..
In 1940, Iowa’s population was approx. 2, 538,268…..
In 2024, Iowa’s population is estimated at 3, 123, 899…..
a gain of 585,631 in 84 years,,,,a tad over 23% (about 1/4% of 1% annual growth)
In 1940, the US population was approx. 132, 164, 569….
In 2024, the US population is estimated at 341, 814, 420….
a gain of 209, 649, 851….approx. 159% (about 1.9% annual growth)
Iowa’s population is growing at about .27% annually……the US’s population is growing at about 1.9% annually….so the US population is growing about 6-7 times the rate of Iowa’s population…..No wonder Iowa cant keep up!
More proof…….. In 1940, Iowa had 9 seats in the House of Representatives (US Congress), today it has 4….,Iowa’s Congressional representation has decreased steadily since 1932, when Iowa had 11 seats in the House….

Bored and curious today so I ran some population numbers comparing Iowa and the United States population growth since 1940…..
a gain of 585,631 in 84 years,,,,a tad over 23% (about 1/4% of 1% annual growth)
Iowa’s population is growing at about .27% annually……the US’s population is growing at about 1.9% annually….so the US population is growing about 6-7 times the rate of Iowa’s population…..No wonder Iowa cant keep up!
More proof…….. In 1940, Iowa had 9 seats in the House of Representatives (US Congress), today it has 4….,Iowa’s Congressional representation has decreased steadily since 1932, when Iowa had 11 seats in the House….
How old are you? Can you still get a boner?

So I moved from Iowa to Southern California, there’s something to be said for less people…

- larger lots
- less traffic

Reactions: ClarindaA's
So I moved from Iowa to Southern California, there’s something to be said for less people…

- larger lots
- less traffic
Moved to an over populated place that needs water that doesn’t have it. Phoenix Vegas and Denver. Not blaming you it’s just true.

How many states were there in 1940?
Ever hear of the baby boomers of the 50's?
Has Iowa's population remained stable?

Finally....you...suck...at...posting....

• Haha
Reactions: peacehawk
How many states were there in 1940?
Ever hear of the baby boomers of the 50's?
Has Iowa's population remained stable?

Finally....you...suck...at...posting....
What does “baby boomers” have to do with anything I posted about?
If Iowa’s population was a swimmer in a river, it is barely keeping its head above water….our state’s growth rate is horrible as compared to the nation’s growth rate….Iowa is a place folks are NOT flocking to in any numbers…..I would think that IOwa’s population growth is one of the lowest % in the nation……maybe not but population growth is paltry at best…..

Last edited:
What does “baby boomers” have to do with anything I posted about?
If Iowa’s population was a swimmer in a river, it is barely keeping its head above water….our state’s growth rate is horrible as compared to the nation’s growth rate….Iowa is a place folks are NOT flocking to in any numbers…..I would think that IOwa’s population growth is one of the lowest % in the nation……maybe not but population growth is paltry at best…..
Baby boomers that were begotten by the Greatest Generation? Theones that were pumping out babies left and right growing the population? The ones these young pups hate?

Why are you comparing the national pop growth to Iowa?

You...suck....at...posting...

Just think Iowa has 7,500,000 people LESS than all the illegals Biden let in.
And the major reason our dumbass Governor had to pass legislation to allow 14 year olds to work in packing houses, day cares, and the like.

But hey...at least those 14 year olds down have brown skin, amirite.

Baby boomers that were begotten by the Greatest Generation? Theones that were pumping out babies left and right growing the population? The ones these young pups hate?

Why are you comparing the national pop growth to Iowa?

You...suck....at...posting...
I ‘splained why….idle curiosity. However, the numbers really surprised me, a lot! The nation has way more than doubled in population (added 2 more states….both “small population states, however) and Iowa has grown very little in the same period of time.
Again…..”boomers” have NOTHING to do with the numbers other than being counted…..who haters who….other than you not liking me? You are one weird sumbitch…..

Reactions: peacehawk
Uh, when Iowa plays in the Rose bowl, I’m crashing with you

They aren’t sniffing anywhere close to a traditional Rose Bowl game, however yes when they play UCLA c’mon on down..

200.gif

I’d say we can fight some Bruins but they don’t have any fans. Hardly anyone out here cares about college football. It’s sad

Reactions: ClarindaA's
They aren’t sniffing anywhere close to a traditional Rose Bowl game, however yes when they play UCLA c’mon on down..

200.gif

I’d say we can fight some Bruins but they don’t have any fans. Hardly anyone out here cares about college football. It’s sad
Yeah, I’ll only go to a regular season game. Cheap tickets

Just over the past 14 months if they had someway to capture all of the rain and melting ice from the mountains it would help out tremendously.
Dude no shit. It’s a shame that they haven’t figured a way to do that. Keep those reservoirs full. It’s maintainable with common sense reclamation.

I moved from iowa due to it’s taxes and my ability to work from anywhere.
Kimmy is fixing this for iowa.

Here’s one for you. In 1956 Iowa and Florida had the same number of electoral votes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT