ADVERTISEMENT

Obama gave UN almost 10B as he went out the door?

CeMar_Clone

HR Legend
Jul 20, 2001
3x the normal yearly allocation that we give the UN. I hope that Trump will consider this prepayment of our yearly dues, which would be 3 years, and cut the UN off for 3 years, and we will redirect that 9B towards the wall.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
If it is 3x the normal amount, wouldn't you only cut off funds for the next two years?

So...now we want to 'dissolve' the UN......
but.....we want the UN to enforce sanctions on Iran for missile testing

Do we disband the UN first and THEN try to get Iran to comply with UN resolutions and issue UN sanctions?

Or do we first get the UN sanctions against Iran and THEN disband the UN altogether?

The order on all of this is very confusing....

Or....do we try to get all of our "allies" to band together? The ones we are now pissing off with overblown theatrics to "join us"?

Which of them is going to be willing to cooperate, after we've alienated and insulted them?
Australia? Germany? UK? Mexico? Canada? China?

Seems like they might just tell us to eff-off.

Reactions: cigaretteman
3x the normal yearly allocation that we give the UN. I hope that Trump will consider this prepayment of our yearly dues, which would be 3 years, and cut the UN off for 3 years, and we will redirect that 9B towards the wall.

link?

I'd also like to know. If he did, that's ****ed up. If he didn't, the OP is ****ed up.
From the nice Iowa guys thread it sounds like this is all various funds used in normal business. A couple billion for peace keeping, a couple more for feeding refugees, more for climate, etc. It doesn't sound nearly so scandalous to me. I'm glad we pool resources and do these proper things as a world community. We should continue.

Reactions: cigaretteman
From the nice Iowa guys thread it sounds like this is all various funds used in normal business. A couple billion for peace keeping, a couple more for feeding refugees, more for climate, etc. It doesn't sound nearly so scandalous to me. I'm glad we pool resources and do these proper things as a world community. We should continue.

Agreed.

Reactions: naturalmwa
So...now we want to 'dissolve' the UN......
but.....we want the UN to enforce sanctions on Iran for missile testing

Do we disband the UN first and THEN try to get Iran to comply with UN resolutions and issue UN sanctions?

Or do we first get the UN sanctions against Iran and THEN disband the UN altogether?

The order on all of this is very confusing....
Disband the UN and everything else you mention no longer matters.

Disband the UN and everything else you mention no longer matters.
You CAN'T disband the UN.

We could withdraw from it.

We could force it to move its HQ somewhere else.

We could stop giving it money.

But the UN would continue.

And guess what? It would no longer do our bidding. Which it does most of the time.

So, for example, all those resolutions that condemn Israel that we almost always veto wouldn't get vetoed.

For another example, when we want a UN authorization to use force somewhere, we wouldn't get it.

I believe he pledged that money back in 2014. He did add 500 million in January.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT