ADVERTISEMENT

*******Official Cubs 2025 Thread*******

hawkifann

HB Legend
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2001
2024 is over and it’s time to start looking ahead. I don’t have much more to say other than I picked 7 asterisks because it’s been that many years without this franchise winning a postseason game.

I’m not a rule maker, but I’m going to try to keep this thread off-season and forward-focused. Let’s definitely keep today’s mess in the 2024 thread.

I always say we’ll have plenty of time to be mad when it’s over. Well….Are you ready? I’m ready. HERE! WE! GO!

GYraIBzXIAAbtuw

The first impactful order of business will be does Bellinger stay or go? That triggers different needs and financial obligations.
Smyly and the Cubs have a mutual option, which I am meh, on. I could be wrong, but Hendricks only had this year, right? No buyouts or options for next year by him or the Cubs?

The first impactful order of business will be does Bellinger stay or go? That triggers different needs and financial obligations.
Smyly and the Cubs have a mutual option, which I am meh, on. I could be wrong, but Hendricks only had this year, right? No buyouts or options for next year by him or the Cubs?
Hendricks is free and clear so no more salary. Smyly might have a $2.5M buyout?

I think Bellinger will opt out. Not that he will get more per year, but will get a few more years added into the contract. Maybe a 4 year $90M deal? He has no qualifying offer so that will help his market. If he opts out, there is no reason the Cubs shouldn’t give $500M+ to Soto. He is everything the Cubs want (young, elite hitter, franchise player), but I have no faith that Ricketts will let Jed spend that much on him.

To be honest, I have zero faith in Jed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT