ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL GIA CFB Survivor Series Challenge In-Season Thread****

You all going down.

Hilltoppers mean business.

wku2.webp

Official GIA Survivor Series Challenge Contestant Standings- (thru Week 12)
1. DirtyJohns97 (49-11)***
2. hawkeyetraveler (48-12)
3. ZachJump (42-18)
4. IAFB2021Champs (41-19)
5. EvilMonkeyInTheCloset (40-20)
5. KuwaitHawk (40-20)
5. obfuscating (40-20)
5. StormHawk42 (40-20)
9. AckHawk80 (37-23)
9. BurgHawk87 (37-23)
9. hawkcub (37-23)
9. In The Blood (37-23)
@DirtyJohns97
@hawkeyetraveler
@ZachJump
@IAFB2021Champs
@KuwaitHawk
@obfuscating
@StormHawk42
@AckHawk80
@BurgHawk87
@hawkcub
@In the blood

Many apologies to all our contestants. My computer is 11 yrs old and is deciding more and more to act it's geriatric age, which includes randomly dropping the internet and constantly freezing. I can post on my phone, but it has its own wonky issues when it comes to updating posts and jumping back and forth from page to page/site to site, so that is my regrettable excuse for not making weekly updates.

With that said, I have finally completed the updated standings and we have our first-ever HawkeyeReport Go Iowa Awesome Survivor Series Challenge winner. Congrats to @DirtyJohns97 who finished with an impressive 49-11 final total record, narrowly edging @hawkeyetraveler by a single game.

@DirtyJohns97 will advance to the Survivor Series Battle of Champions to face the Rivals main board winner in a postseason showdown (*rules explained in the following post)

It was a crazy finish to the season, for the rest of us as well. 4 participants tied for 5th and 4 for 9th, respectively (and surprisingly).

And don't forget, several of you are still in the running for our side contests (The Ultimate Survivor- National Champion / Last Team Standing- last remaining unbeaten team).

The Ultimate Survivor contestants will be narrowed down following CCG week and heading into the CFP.

The remaining contestants for the Last Team Standing are:
@BurgHawk87
EvilMonkeyInTheCloset
@hawkeyetraveler
@IAFB2021Champs
@KuwaitHawk

Survivor Series Battle of Champions contest rules:

New this year to the Rivals Survivor Series Challenge is a joint-postseason contest between our two board champions. @DirtyJohns97 qualifies from Go Iowa Awesome to face the Rivals main board champ. The rules are quite simple and are as followed:

- It will be the postseason record of your 5 teams vs that of your opponent's.

- At least 3/5 of your teams must be bowl eligible, and I would have to think they are if you are the champion of the board challenge, but I probably should clarify anyway.........

- The contestant with the best bowl record will be declared the winner.

- If there is a tie, the tiebreakers will go by your draft order (the result of your #1 pick vs your opponent's #1 pick; if your team won and theirs lost, you win the tiebreaker.......if you both won, it goes to your #2 picks, and so on.)

If you have any other questions, just ask. Good luck, and may the best survivor win! ;)

@DirtyJohns97
@hawkeyetraveler
@ZachJump
@IAFB2021Champs
@KuwaitHawk
@obfuscating
@StormHawk42
@AckHawk80
@BurgHawk87
@hawkcub
@In the blood

Many apologies to all our contestants. My computer is 11 yrs old and is deciding more and more to act it's geriatric age, which includes randomly dropping the internet and constantly freezing. I can post on my phone, but it has its own wonky issues when it comes to updating posts and jumping back and forth from page to page/site to site, so that is my regrettable excuse for not making weekly updates.

With that said, I have finally completed the updated standings and we have our first-ever HawkeyeReport Go Iowa Awesome Survivor Series Challenge winner. Congrats to @DirtyJohns97 who finished with an impressive 49-11 final total record, narrowly edging @hawkeyetraveler by a single game.

@DirtyJohns97 will advance to the Survivor Series Battle of Champions to face the Rivals main board winner in a postseason showdown (*rules explained in the following post)

It was a crazy finish to the season, for the rest of us as well. 4 participants tied for 5th and 4 for 9th, respectively (and surprisingly).

And don't forget, several of you are still in the running for our side contests (The Ultimate Survivor- National Champion / Last Team Standing- last remaining unbeaten team).

The Ultimate Survivor contestants will be narrowed down following CCG week and heading into the CFP.

The remaining contestants for the Last Team Standing are:
@BurgHawk87
EvilMonkeyInTheCloset
@hawkeyetraveler
@IAFB2021Champs
@KuwaitHawk
Congrats @DirtyJohns97 . I didn’t deserve to win anyway as I had the cheating khakis as the star of my roster. Glad someone else took the crown!

Thanks again @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset for organizing!

Probably need to provide an update now that we're into the CFPs.

Unfortunately, CrimsonNCreme84 of the Rivals SoundOff board came away with a decisive victory in the Survivor Series Challenge Battle of Champions, winning 2 games to 0 over our own @DirtyJohns97

DirtyJohns97-
Alabama L
Oklahoma L
Toledo L
SMU L
Kentucky L

CrimsonNCreme84-
Alabama L
Oklahoma L
SMU L
Texas Tech W
Memphis W

That leaves the Last Team Standing and Ultimate Survivor challenges left to be determined.

@hawkeyetraveler has advanced with Michigan for a chance at both the LTS and Ultimate Survivor titles. If Washington is able to win tonight, that would set up a winner-take-all showdown next Monday for both Challenge titles between @hawkeyetraveler and @BurgHawk87

However, if Texas can pull off the comeback, that would give @hawkeyetraveler the Last Team Standing title and pit him against @IAFB2021Champs for the Ultimate Survivor championship.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT