ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA vs uconn Game Thread (6 pm Tip, ESPN2)*****

Arguably the most impressive part (defense aside) is that Iowa’s done it on only 4 3’s. Lack of turnovers have been impressive as well

Reactions: haightt
Night and day difference with Connor in for JBO. Connor needs to start. JBO back up 2 guard for shooting

When we played UMKC and Green Bay, I didn't expect those to be the challenging games. Oregon and Syracuse should've been decent opponents but I don't see them anywhere near the quality of the B10 teams. Granted Oregon doesn't have King yet and UConn isn't an NCAA tournament team this year. Maybe Connor really is the difference, great passer, decent finisher when necessary, and better on defense than anticipated. The same guys blowing by Bohannon in the first minute can't even get them an open look with Connor in front of them.

Reactions: And1Hawk
I’ve been a huge JBO supporter but after watching 4 games with Connor at PG it’s not even debatable. Connor has size, good handles, great passer and post feeder, high IQ and can defend some.

The minutes where UCONN got going all coincide with JBO on the floor.

I’d make JBO Jeff Moe.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I would say CM + JB > CM or JB + IM

Isaiah Moss was hitting shots and playing D. Maishe is a nightmare for opposing guards with his athleticism and length.

I’m not saying there’s no place for JBO. Best shooter besides Jok I’ve seen but that’s it. He’s incredibly lazy on D and constantly giving up layups by not getting back on D. He needs the shooter off the bench role.

I’ve been a huge JBO supporter but after watching 4 games with Connor at PG it’s not even debatable. Connor has size, good handles, great passer and post feeder, high IQ and can defend some.

The minutes where UCONN got going all coincide with JBO on the floor.

I’d make JBO Jeff Moe.
I like the rotation they have now with McCaffrey off the bench but playing a lot of minutes.

And I like towards the end of the game when they have both of them on the court & slide JBo to the 2.

JBo’s a solid enough ball handler as the 2nd option ballhandler to break the press towards the end of games.

When we played UMKC and Green Bay, I didn't expect those to be the challenging games. Oregon and Syracuse should've been decent opponents but I don't see them anywhere near the quality of the B10 teams. Granted Oregon doesn't have King yet and UConn isn't an NCAA tournament team this year. Maybe Connor really is the difference, great passer, decent finisher when necessary, and better on defense than anticipated. The same guys blowing by Bohannon in the first minute can't even get them an open look with Connor in front of them.

I’m kind of tired of hearing how Oregon didn’t do this or that or was missing so and so player. Then they came back and beat a sure fire NCAA team in Syracuse. Now it’s uconn that isn’t any good. When does Iowa get some credit. Maybe they won’t make the tournament, maybe they will, but the defense this year is light years ahead of last year. Iowa is set up very nicely for a run at the tourney if they hold on tonight and are sitting at 11-2 at the end of December. The B1G is looking like a meat grinder so .500 in league probably gets them in.

Reactions: unoHawkeye and TDJ7
I like the rotation they have now with McCaffrey off the bench but playing a lot of minutes.

And I like towards the end of the game when they have both of them on the court & slide JBo to the 2.

JBo’s a solid enough ball handler as the 2nd option ballhandler to break the press towards the end of games.

Again, I’m not saying never JBO but I’m saying Connor is a much better PG. There’s still going to be massive D issues with JBO at the 2 for long periods.

So Bohannon + Weiskamp + Kreiner + Dailey = 0 points and we're up 43-27. This team is a lot different than they were a year ago. Thank goodness.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT