ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Western Carolina @ Iowa Game Thread***

Give me 3 from any of the Mountain West, Atlantic 10, Horizon or MVC.... no more of these horrific 300 level teams. We will lose at Purdue playing these teams as nothing is gained and bad habits develop.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
In my top 10 of worst Iowa Games I’ve ever watched

Worse than losing to

Nebraska Omaha 98-89?
Campbell 77-61?
UTSA 62-50?
Duquesne 52-50?
Drake 60-43?
Louisiana Monroe 72-67?

Or these wins

Grambling 85-74?
IPFW 82-72?
NC Central 73-63?
South Carolina At 82-69?
Tennessee St 67-62?
SE Louisiana 57-50

That’s 12 games, without really giving much effort in looking, that were way worse that this game.

Worse than losing to

Nebraska Omaha 98-89?
Campbell 77-61?
UTSA 62-50?
Duquesne 52-50?
Drake 60-43?
Louisiana Monroe 72-67?

Or these wins

Grambling 85-74?
IPFW 82-72?
NC Central 73-63?
South Carolina At 82-69?
Tennessee St 67-62?
SE Louisiana 57-50

That’s 12 games, without really giving much effort in looking, that were way worse that this game.

I am not being critical of our guys... it’s just this 300 level bull crap. We might as well play 5 guys from the local YMCA. It was brutal to watch this game due to the opponent.

Still getting busted too often on broken plays. Those can be back breakers later on when we play 28 seconds of good defense. We had 8 blocks so they ended up shooting 60% on shots that made it up to the rim.

Hard to assess how we played in a game like this. Agree that more than a couple of 300+ games each year is too many...

We played decent defense most of the time, didn't turn it over much, and moved the ball pretty well. We are going to need JBo to get it going in the B1G.

Give me 3 from any of the Mountain West, Atlantic 10, Horizon or MVC.... no more of these horrific 300 level teams. We will lose at Purdue playing these teams as nothing is gained and bad habits develop.

The amazing thing is there are posters (plural) here that think we're going to get some things figured out in these games.

It is a joke. This team is instead developing poor habits and these games will end up hurting Iowa.

The amazing thing is there are posters (plural) here that think we're going to get some things figured out in these games.

It is a joke. This team is instead developing poor habits and these games will end up hurting Iowa.

Looks like we already have our excuses lined up for the next loss. At least we’ve moved on from Dolph.

Looks like we already have our excuses lined up for the next loss. At least we’ve moved on from Dolph.

Truth be told, the "excuses" have been known all year:
1) Really not that focused on defense (whether it is coaching or team's inability to do it, I am not sure)
2) Sloppiness with ball, both dribbling and passing
3) Against really good defenses, nobody can penetrate or create their own shot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT