ADVERTISEMENT

Oh no, Poor Eloon and Cyber Cck Mobile. More problems.

Saw a video on this...something like the glue they use to fasten the pedal to the accelerator lever is not adhering permanently. If the pedal comes loose it can get shoved in such a fashion to cause the lever to stay depressed.

Easy fix...

No, not defending anything or anybody here, just that I saw what's really going on here. As far as recalls go, this is fairly small potatoes.

Saw a video on this...something like the glue they use to fasten the pedal to the accelerator lever is not adhering permanently. If the pedal comes loose it can get shoved in such a fashion to cause the lever to stay depressed.

Easy fix...

No, not defending anything or anybody here, just that I saw what's really going on here. As far as recalls go, this is fairly small potatoes.
Ford recalled like 450k* broncos a couple days ago fwiw.

Top notch engineering and build quality.
I live 5-10 miles from the plant. have a friend who went there after 30 yrs at honda. says the stuff is such garbage , that they are selling as a completed car, that honda would have not let it out of the factory to begin with. quality issues abound.

this elon doosh is a huckster and a grifter. total smoke and mirrors. complete idiocy.

6is2pd9.png

Reactions: WDSMHAWK
Poor guy just can't catch a break.

and

Lays off 14000 right before launching a website to convince shareholders to vote him to have a 55 billion dollar payout. What a piece of shit.

Don’t look now @GOHOX69 , but Elon’s coming for yer boys…

New Delhi CNN
Tesla may be close to unlocking a massive new market.

CEO Elon Musk is due to arrive in India next week for a visit that is expected to include a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and confirmation that Tesla plans to build a factory in the world’s most populous country.

Musk posted last week on X that he is “looking forward” to meeting Modi. The billionaire did not mention a date, but Indian media and Reuters reported, citing unnamed sources, that he is expected to meet the Indian leader next week in New Delhi.

He is also planning to meet Indian space tech startups during his visit. Pawan Chandana, co-founder of Skyroot Aerospace, which launched India’s first privately developedrocket in 2022, told CNN he will be meeting Musk on Monday. Apart from Tesla (TSLA), Musk is also the boss of rocket company SpaceX and X, formerly Twitter.

Currently the world’s fourth richest man, Musk is likely to announce an investment of $2 billion to $3 billion in the South Asian country, mainly for building the new Tesla factory, Reuters and Financial Times reported, citing anonymous sources.

A Musk-Modi meeting next week would come just days after India commenced the world’s largest democratic election. An estimated 960 million people in the country of 1.4 billion are eligible to vote in the polls, which started on Friday and will take more than a month to complete. Modi is widely expected to clinch a rare third consecutive five-year term as prime minister.

“In the last ten years we have made significant progress in the manufacturing sector,” Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said in its election manifesto this week.

Tesla opened its first Asian factory in 2019 in Shanghai, and it now produces hundreds of thousands of cars for the vast Chinese market and for export. If the investment in India is announced, it would be a boost to Modi’s efforts to make India a major global manufacturing hub

"The look of this thing grows on you the more you stare at it. Look at it. Sharp, jagged edges. It looks like it’s from the future, but a very specific future that has been ruined by an increasingly out-of-touch billionaire."

Don’t look now @GOHOX69 , but Elon’s coming for yer boys…

New Delhi CNN
Tesla may be close to unlocking a massive new market.

CEO Elon Musk is due to arrive in India next week for a visit that is expected to include a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and confirmation that Tesla plans to build a factory in the world’s most populous country.

Musk posted last week on X that he is “looking forward” to meeting Modi. The billionaire did not mention a date, but Indian media and Reuters reported, citing unnamed sources, that he is expected to meet the Indian leader next week in New Delhi.

He is also planning to meet Indian space tech startups during his visit. Pawan Chandana, co-founder of Skyroot Aerospace, which launched India’s first privately developedrocket in 2022, told CNN he will be meeting Musk on Monday. Apart from Tesla (TSLA), Musk is also the boss of rocket company SpaceX and X, formerly Twitter.

Currently the world’s fourth richest man, Musk is likely to announce an investment of $2 billion to $3 billion in the South Asian country, mainly for building the new Tesla factory, Reuters and Financial Times reported, citing anonymous sources.

A Musk-Modi meeting next week would come just days after India commenced the world’s largest democratic election. An estimated 960 million people in the country of 1.4 billion are eligible to vote in the polls, which started on Friday and will take more than a month to complete. Modi is widely expected to clinch a rare third consecutive five-year term as prime minister.

“In the last ten years we have made significant progress in the manufacturing sector,” Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said in its election manifesto this week.

Tesla opened its first Asian factory in 2019 in Shanghai, and it now produces hundreds of thousands of cars for the vast Chinese market and for export. If the investment in India is announced, it would be a boost to Modi’s efforts to make India a major global manufacturing hub
Yes I saw 😉

I’ve been in a few teslas recently and all I could think was how uncomfortable and bumpy they take the road. Who test drives that and says “yea, I need to buy this piece of shit?”

I’ve been in a few teslas recently and all I could think was how uncomfortable and bumpy they take the road. Who test drives that and says “yea, I need to buy this piece of shit?”
Push the long skinny one to the ground, you will have your answer.

That's hypercar level performance, for less than 100k.

Easy fix...

It's also fairly poor design.

3-4 pop-rivets, and that pedal cover isn't ever coming off....

It's possible to hate Elon while also admiring his companies, people. I just don't understand how some of you are so immersed in meaningless politics.

Easy fix...
I don't think so.

They will not be able to "re-glue" pedal covers - NTSB should be requiring some form of mechanical fixation to ensure for the life of the vehicle, they cannot detach again.

That's either a re-designed cover with mechanical attachments/screws under the pedal, or drilling holes through everything and riveting it in. And drilling holes into a pedal/lever already in the car will be a pretty big PITA.

I don't think so.

They will not be able to "re-glue" pedal covers - NTSB should be requiring some form of mechanical fixation to ensure for the life of the vehicle, they cannot detach again.

That's either a re-designed cover with mechanical attachments/screws under the pedal, or drilling holes through everything and riveting it in. And drilling holes into a pedal/lever already in the car will be a pretty big PITA.

The more you type the more you fall in love with yourself, Joe. JFC. 😂

It’s not a great design, equally or worse quality control. Multiple ways to improve the design and rework. Most solutions not terribly labor intensive to execute (engineer’s opinion without intimate knowledge of the accelerator assembly). It’s more of a financial impact for Tesla, and an inconvenience for its customers.

Reactions: GOHOX69
It's possible to hate Elon while also admiring his companies, people. I just don't understand how some of you are so immersed in meaningless politics.
For me it’s because I own stock in his companies and want him to focus his attention on his companies instead of getting into fights over politics with 13 year old kids on X. Maybe lay off the Adderall, too.

4,000 units is actually an amazingly small number of vehicles to recall, especially on a flag ship release. Do you realize the majors often do recalls on 10s of thousands of vehicles at a time? I know the left wants "wins" over Elon but come on, this is grasping at straws.

4,000 units is actually an amazingly small number of vehicles to recall, especially on a flag ship release. Do you realize the majors often do recalls on 10s of thousands of vehicles at a time? I know the left wants "wins" over Elon but come on, this is grasping at straws.

That’s only because that is the amount of units delivered since launch (December 2023).

Last edited:
Reactions: GOHOX69

Lol, that's literally every Cybertruck that has been delivered

It is freaking hilarious how liberals have turned on Musk. It is a beautiful thing to watch. For perspective

Top 10 carmakers with most vehicles affected by recalls

Here's are the top 10 carmakers by the number of vehicles potentially affected by recalls in the U.S., per the NHTSA:

Honda: 6,334,825 vehicles potentially affected
Ford: 6,152,614
Kia America: 3,110,447
Chrysler: 2,732,398
General Motors: 2,021,033
Nissan North America: 1,804,443
Mercedes-Benz USA: 478,173
Volkswagen Group of America: 453,763
BMW of North America: 340,249
Daimler Trucks North America: 261,959

I live 5-10 miles from the plant. have a friend who went there after 30 yrs at honda. says the stuff is such garbage , that they are selling as a completed car, that honda would have not let it out of the factory to begin with. quality issues abound.

this elon doosh is a huckster and a grifter. total smoke and mirrors. complete idiocy.

Haha you are such a tool.

It is freaking hilarious how liberals have turned on Musk. It is a beautiful thing to watch. For perspective

Top 10 carmakers with most vehicles affected by recalls

Here's are the top 10 carmakers by the number of vehicles potentially affected by recalls in the U.S., per the NHTSA:

Honda: 6,334,825 vehicles potentially affected
Ford: 6,152,614
Kia America: 3,110,447
Chrysler: 2,732,398
General Motors: 2,021,033
Nissan North America: 1,804,443
Mercedes-Benz USA: 478,173
Volkswagen Group of America: 453,763
BMW of North America: 340,249
Daimler Trucks North America: 261,959

They can’t help themselves with Elon.

Like flies on shit.