ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State names Butler's Chris Holtmann as new coach

This one was pretty predictable as the OSU season progressed. I think he lost the team a couple of weeks ago.

Ohio State sets high expectation in all sports. If you don't meet them, bye-bye! 12 million dollar buy-out for Holtman, not bad. Gene Smith did the dirty work, didn't make the new guy do it. He hired him and fired him, probably how it should be done.

It's not often that you find Ohio St. and Michigan at the bottom of the standings in any sport. You have to think Howard is next in line for the axe.
I've said before, Juwan will be JuGone after this year.

I believe Motta has the best winning percentage of any OSU coach and I think Holtman is 2nd, so not a bad showing by Butler coaches. I'm a Hawk fan but live in Columbus so I watch most of their games. Holtman seems like a pretty good guy and decent coach. Thought he would have a couple teams have a little more success. Seemed to be a little too structured on offense and didn't let them go. Just like the Iowa, the success of the women's team is putting pressure on the Men's squad to put a better product on the court!

I believe Motta has the best winning percentage of any OSU coach and I think Holtman is 2nd, so not a bad showing by Butler coaches. I'm a Hawk fan but live in Columbus so I watch most of their games. Holtman seems like a pretty good guy and decent coach. Thought he would have a couple teams have a little more success. Seemed to be a little too structured on offense and didn't let them go. Just like the Iowa, the success of the women's team is putting pressure on the Men's squad to put a better product on the court!
And we got stuck with Lick-a-dick-lighter

Wonder if they bring back Thad from Butler
Not unless they bring Urban back for Day! ;)
Gathering Ian Bohen GIF by Yellowstone

Hey one of the reasons given for firing Holtman was that he never made it past the second round of the tourney.
Someone should let Beth know that she can fire Fran for that reason alone. Imagine an AD with standards for the basketball program, nice.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
tosu has a higher bar for winning expected than Iowa. That's a surprise to no one.
I don't expect Iowa to match that. But now that the incompetent former AD has been replaced by someone who appears to have more ability than sucking up to donors, I think we'll see a move in that direction.

Reactions: RocknRollface
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT