ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State opened as 23 point favorite vs IOWA. As of Thursday afternoon: tOSU -18.5; O/U 44.5

Followed by 6 pages of people quoting this comment thinking it's legit....lol
You know it will happen.

I do get a kick out of “I watched Ohio State, and their (fill in the blank) is really good.”

Yeah, no fvcking shit. Let me give you the Ohio State scouting report for the year 2045.

Okay, here it goes. All their players are better than nearly everybody else in the nation. It has been that way every year since 1950.

You know it will happen.

I do get a kick out of “I watched Ohio State, and their (fill in the blank) is really good.”

Yeah, no fvcking shit. Let me give you the Ohio State scouting report for the year 2045.

Okay, here it goes. All their players are better than nearly everybody else in the nation. It has been that way every year since 1950.
A total of 7 conference losses in the last 12 years.

Chip Kelly was Ryan Days OC when he played QB at New Hampshire. He hired Day as QB coach for thr 49ers. There is a long history there.

It was reported he reached out too many programs about many positions. Including BC about being HC. Even if Iowa wanted him he wasn't going there over tOSU and Day.

I fully agree the hawks will need to open up the passing game, but this team is in the top 70 for total offense with a drastically improved yards/play average. The line finally providing lanes for running, and it is going to be the decider of the game. Ohio State defense schemes to play the pass, and that is not what Iowa will be doing. Ohio State has played no one this year. With all of this said, it is more likely than not OSU blows Iowa out, but I do feel a bit more confident than saying Iowa has zero chance.

Offense rank

Akron: 130
Western Mich: 102
Marshall: 82
MSU: 86

Defensive rank
Akron: 115
Western Mich: 117
Marshall: 83
MSU: 30
Good analysis.

We simply won’t compete with higher-quality teams such as OSU having a one-dimensional offense. Not gonna happen.

Could be, everyone has
i still think they will be looking ahead to the game at Oregon
a down game and solid teams like Iowa might over perform. Who knows?
There is basically zero chance as we have NO passing game.

When the 2017 miracle beatdown occurred we were a threat in both the pass & run offense.

I expect Cade and our O to look very juvenile. Cade is going to get injured and Sullivan will get in.
IO do agree, but there's always that chance. I've sen some crazy upsets over years, but I agree overall that OSU should win big.

that team had nfl caliber players all over on both offense and defense. this year's version while they might be well coached doesn't have anywhere near as many difference makers. but we'll see. until the bf blindspot from recent years happened, kf teams of lunch pail types used to show extreme toughness against superior talent...so i'm hoping to see a return to that type of football beginning this saturday.

hoping it is still a 2 score game at worst in the 3rd qtr....

Good analysis.

We simply won’t compete with higher-quality teams such as OSU having a one-dimensional offense. Not gonna happen.
I think after last year progress will look like scoring points against top tier teams.

0-92 in 2023

The best chance is giving KJ 20+ carries and hoping he breaks a few big runs

If he can’t get those 30-50 yard runs this offense stands no chance. OSU will dare Iowa to throw the ball further than 8 yards and we haven’t seen it since the first week

I would say Howard has above average mobility, but he’s far from Barrett. Barrett ran for over 3,200 yards in 4 years. Howard is now at 950+ yards.
That's because Urban Meyer was the coach. Day doesn't like to run his QBs, even when he had Justin Fields. But now Chip Kelly is calling plays and he doesn't mind running the QB.

29.5 points, and that Iowa team was coming in 3-3 on the season posting back to back BIG losses against Michigan (game ball goes to), and that shit show that was the 6-9 loss at Illinois.
Woodshed game was the win, not one of many losses by quite a bit.

OSU is now favored by 20. The O/U remains at 44.5.

ESPN says Iowa has a 10.4% chance.

About 1 in 10 is what Ara Parseghian said we had for a chance to win when he came to town for the Iowa V Michigan game in 1985 to broadcast it with Musberger. I remember Fry mentioning that post game kind of sarcastically. Something to the effect of welp I guess that was our one win out of 10.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
That's because Urban Meyer was the coach. Day doesn't like to run his QBs, even when he had Justin Fields. But now Chip Kelly is calling plays and he doesn't mind running the QB.
Of all the things that worries me about OSU, I’d have to go pretty down the list before I get to “Will Howard’s legs”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Birky
I can’t help but think this plays out much like the 2022 game; Iowa defense hangs tough but wears out after spending most of the game on the field. OSU will focus on stopping KJ, and Cade will fail to make them pay for it.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT