ADVERTISEMENT

OK, ENOUGH ALREADY!! Not enough unpleasantness on this board...

paladinhawk

HB Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Tell me why using the "Raider Package" on 1st and 2nd down versus Indiana is a bad idea. I'm not saying that Parker needs any help with his defensive schemes, just wondering why it shouldn't be used more against that type of offense.

How much is Jaleel used in the raider package? It seems like the swap out the DT for more LB at times.
Jaleel is probably our second best Defensive player right now.

I have noticed that while we may have 6 or 7 people lined up right at the line we traditionally only rush 3 or 4 at the QB. Unlike when we have down lineman though, they tend to try to overload a side of the line. This would leave us at a disadvantage if they ran the ball (also why we only use it on obvious passing downs). Also if we used the raider more often it might not be as effective as the offense might be able to find more weaknesses.

TL/DR: The Raider package is bad against the run

Not enough unpleasantness? How about. "STOP TALKING ABOUT INDIANA YOU DIRTY ROTTEN #$%&@&#! We play Maryland next!

Just kidding! Have a nice day. :)

Tell me why using the "Raider Package" on 1st and 2nd down versus Indiana is a bad idea. I'm not saying that Parker needs any help with his defensive schemes, just wondering why it shouldn't be used more against that type of offense.

this is why you are a fan and not a coach! Just enjoy the games and get drunk!

a large part of why the Hawks are good against the run is Jaleel and Bazata out of their 3-point stance.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea but I'd have to know what their tendencies are on 1st and 2nd down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT