ADVERTISEMENT

Okay dieters, what is your trick for quelling hunger pangs without busting the diet (low carb)

Tenacious E

HB Legend
Dec 4, 2001
I have been substituting Fairlifes for lunch which is working well, but I typically have a witching hour around 2 pm where I get hungry. I have been having tea and it works okay. Just curious what are the go to items for HORT.

are you drinking enough water? Otherwise soluble fiber and protein.
Good question. I don't think so. I'm in the first phase of the diet where I'm burning off glycogen stores so I'm constantly pissing out the resultant water, so it is counterintuitive that I need to be drinking more water. But I do. Good thought.

9624929c-870a-4b9e-b54c-6ccd9aaa9d97_text.gif

I have been substituting Fairlifes for lunch which is working well, but I typically have a witching hour around 2 pm where I get hungry. I have been having tea and it works okay. Just curious what are the go to items for HORT.
Try this and I’m dead serious.

Eat something before you get hungry and you won’t get hungry until it’s time to eat. Pre-emptive strike that bitch with a protein bar and it will hold you over easy.

Hard boiled eggs are a good choice. Healthy, mobile, easy and cheap - just like I like my women😁.
My breakfast is usually 4 strips of microwaved turkey bacon (it tastes better than it sounds) and a couple of runny sunny side up eggs, which I enjoy. I do like the convenience of those big packs of hardboiled eggs at costco, but they have been out of them as of late. I suppose I could do my own but they are a pain in the ass.

Make a huge salad for lunch with low calorie dressing. Lots of vegetables and a few dried cranberries to sweeten it a little.

Basically a lot of bulk but still few calories. Keep the gut full.

Make a huge salad for lunch with low calorie dressing. Lots of vegetables and a few dried cranberries to sweeten it a little.

Basically a lot of bulk but still few calories. Keep the gut full.
low calorie dressing typically is carb laden, which I am trying to avoid...

String cheese and a small amount of berries?
Yeah snacks on my radar are pickles, olives, pepperoncini, lettuce with italian dressing, slices of deli ham, celery with peanut butter, and cheese. Just trying to generate ideas for things I haven't thought of.

Celery with peanut butter has been my "dessert" at night, but maybe I should work it in more during the day.
Change your " dessert " to sugar free raspberry jello, 1 cup boiling water and 1 cup sugar free Squirt or Ginger Ale. Walnuts or Pecans in the bottom of a ramakin. 2 cups makes 3 ramakins. A little cool whip on top...

Reactions: Tenacious E
Hope you are going with the 42g protein vs the 26g. And, like was stated... space those two out. Coffee or kombucha in the morning also seem to help me stay without feeling hungry from the time I wake until about 10am when I have protein drink #1.

If our ancestors got on a wobbly wooden ship, on a 3-6 month journey across the Atlantic, to painstakingly try and build a new life in a wild new world… you can suck it up and power past the hunger pains.

You're going to hate this answer...but broccoli. Broccoli and water will do the trick. Plus it has a ton of fiber in it.

Grab some fat free ranch (not Light Ranch) and some fresh broccoli. Cut it up and eat it raw while washing it down with water. You'll hate it but you will satisfy your hunger.

One thing I've learned with dieting is that the first 3 weeks are hard. Effing terrible to be honest. I believe it's because your stomach is adjusting to the new quantities of food which if you're doing it right, is a lot less than before. Once you get through those first 3 weeks, your body adjusts and it's pretty easy from there on out. Those first 3 weeks or so though...damn.

Edit: Just to add, when I'm dieting, I'm actually eating much more frequently. Like every 3 hours or so. I think that also helps.

You're going to hate this answer...but broccoli. Broccoli and water will do the trick. Plus it has a ton of fiber in it.

Grab some fat free ranch (not Light Ranch) and some fresh broccoli. Cut it up and eat it raw while washing it down with water. You'll hate it but you will satisfy your hunger.

One thing I've learned with dieting is that the first 3 weeks are hard. Effing terrible to be honest. I believe it's because your stomach is adjusting to the new quantities of food which if you're doing it right, is a lot less than before. Once you get through those first 3 weeks, your body adjusts and it's pretty easy from there on out. Those first 3 weeks or so though...damn.

Edit: Just to add, when I'm dieting, I'm actually eating much more frequently. Like every 3 hours or so. I think that also helps.
I'm a weirdo who actually likes raw broccoli and cauliflower, so that is a good idea...

Try this and I’m dead serious.

Eat something before you get hungry and you won’t get hungry until it’s time to eat. Pre-emptive strike that bitch with a protein bar and it will hold you over easy.
Largely this. I try to mix and match hard boiled eggs, string cheese, Quest chips and Built bars periodically between meals to stay ahead of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT